Sergi Roberto

BarçaBarça

If Vidal continues to not impress, then we could go for a serious challenger to Roberto in January. Right now Roberto seems enough, but I'm still not convinced about the biggest games yet, although many are right in pointing out that it would be hard to find better options in the market.

BBZ8800

If Vidal continues to not impress, then we could go for a serious challenger to Roberto in January. Right now Roberto seems enough, but I'm still not convinced about the biggest games yet, although many are right in pointing out that it would be hard to find better options in the market.

If we'll try to sell Vidal, we would probably get only 10-12M.

When we bought him, he was overpaid, and his worth was probably 15-20M.
After his displays here, his price has probably dropped in Song's, Montoya's and Arda's style.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-barcelona/startseite/verein/131
= it's already at 7,5M Euros at Transfermarkt
(Roberto at 20M)

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Vidal should go but less of a pressing issue than before due to the miraculous emergence of Roberto as a viable RB option

God Serena

looking back we've never had a solid RB backup since the days of Puyol, when he would sometimes cover for Alves and yet we've always been fine. Vidal isnt Barca quality true, but he is good enough to allow Sergio to grow in the RB position. He isnt Douglas, he can play and will allow Lucho to be able to rest Roberto whenever needed. Also finding a RB willing to be backup to Roberto will be hard, and if we find one who compete's with him , it might stagnate his development right as he is improving. I say leave the RB as is, we are fine all across the field, we have 2players per position except Busi for who we rely on Samper to fill that position in the future. And we have a perfect blend of the best players in the world now (Messi , Suarez , Ney , Busi , Iniesta , Rakitic , Masch , Pique , Alba) and the players who may become the best players in the world in the future ( Alcacer , Ney , Denis , Gomes , Samper??(big if) , Umtiti , Digne , Sergi and TS ).

I disagree that Vidal is a good enough backup. He's not Douglas but hot damn is he close. Alves had the fitness to be able to play every game but I'm not sure if Roberto does. We could do a number of things to find a backup including promoting from the B team, but a competent 2nd choice behind Sergi is something we will likely need if we want him to be his best this season.

opjeoff

I disagree that Vidal is a good enough backup. He's not Douglas but hot damn is he close. Alves had the fitness to be able to play every game but I'm not sure if Roberto does. We could do a number of things to find a backup including promoting from the B team, but a competent 2nd choice behind Sergi is something we will likely need if we want him to be his best this season.

Vidal was a starter for Sevilla at RB, he hasn't been his usual form since his move , but neither had Arda who is now returning to his previous form , leading me to believe that the time they had to wait to play may have affected them last season. Vidal is much much better than Douglas and in my opinion a competent replacement for Roberto who is still finding his feet. Of course this is debatable and only time will tell which one of us is right. However promoting a RB from the B team isn't strengthening the team, Vidal is better than all the RB we could potentially promote, meaning if we were to sell him and promote from within we would be weakening the team for no reason but to look good on paper.

BarçaBarça

If we'll try to sell Vidal, we would probably get only 10-12M.

When we bought him, he was overpaid, and his worth was probably 15-20M.
After his displays here, his price has probably dropped in Song's, Montoya's and Arda's style.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-barcelona/startseite/verein/131
= it's already at 7,5M Euros at Transfermarkt
(Roberto at 20M)

Yeah, he must have dropped in value so you are probably right. I don't know what our budget for January would look like, but if it is only a backup for Roberto to press him, then we might be able to afford it? :)

PhilS

Quite a few teams mount pretty much no attack against Barca, those will be the games for Vidal. I expect we will see S. Roberto continue to improve at RB during this season, to add to what he brings already no matter where he plays.

I'm sure one of the other midfielders could play this position well enough if need be (not Rafinha). Certainly Rak could.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Las Palmas is one of the strongest teams in La Liga. Should have our strongest XI against them.

Hope Vidal also comes good but Boberto is fucken class.

F

Flavia

I agree. Don't need Bob vs. the likes of Levant and Las Palmas.

Las Palmas deserve a bit more of respect. Since last season they've been showing to be a tough team to beat. they are the current no 1 team at the liga table.
And Levante is in the second division.

RMU ReBorn

what's written in this picture. Anyone, pls translate this ?

14115051_665863900229914_5917205535554280467_o.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
what's written in this picture. Anyone, pls translate this ?

14115051_665863900229914_5917205535554280467_o.jpg

Positions he's played under Lucho and how many times he's played in each position...

Lateral Derecho = RB, Interior Derecho = RCM...etc..... Vez, veces time and times...

Home of Barca Fans