Sergi Roberto

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Starts for Spain tonight as a Right back vs Liechtenstein.

Really remarkable, I mean full circle from perennial system player/midfield engine to an elite RB. Far more impressive than wingers that convert to fullback, IMO.

I guess you could even say he could still get much much better in his position as well considering it is a complete change tactically from how he was successfully groomed. I hope he learned a lot from Alves but he has Alba to guide him too. A great story too, the biggest surprise the cantera has produced since Busquets

Antimadridista1

He's having a top top game.
Yes, the opponent is Liechnstein but you can still see his quality. Hope that he'll start in front of the over-rated Carvajal.

El Flaco

He's having a top top game.
Yes, the opponent is Liechnstein but you can still see his quality. Hope that he'll start in front of the over-rated Carvajal.

Mate, don't kidding yourself.

We all dislike Real Madrid, but let's be real here; Carvajal is nothing but a world class RB actually.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I didn't watch it, but read he played well as rb and then as cm, when Lopetegui shifted the system to a 3-4-3.

xXKonan

Without a doubt Lucho's greatest piece of work Developing Roberto into the player he is now. Roberto went from being a Mere Squad player a couple of seasons ago to being our Starting RB with potential to be one of the best RB's in the world in the near future.

Roberto certainly has the skill set to make it possible. I said it before but I would love for him to be our own Carvajal. as in a youth player who could end up being one of the best in the RB spot.

jamrock

The fact that he was a CM for most if his career and in youth football, will give him a huge advantage in terms of passing and vision on most fb's if he can properly learn the position.

He use to score goals for fun for the youth teams too, so he should have a good eye for goal.

Home of Barca Fans