Sergi Roberto

Jombi

Ok, let's change it to:
1. Roberto has proven that he is good enough against weaker and midtable La liga teams
2. a current sample of around 5 matches against better teams (Roma, Gladbach, Sevilla, Bilbao) is hinting that he could be good enough, but a larger sample is needed, since he showed some weaknesses also
3. about how good is Robrto against absolutely TOP teams (Real, Atletico, Bayern, City, Psg), we have no idea since he played only 1 match as RB in his career against those teams (AM), so much more time and a much larger sample is needed before we will be able to estimate his ability on the highest level

In Real:Barca 0:4 at Bernabeu, he played as some hybrid between a RW in 433 and a right midfielder in 442.
Dani Alves played as a RB at Bernabeu.

In Barca:Real 1:2 in April, Dani Alves again played as a RB in 433, and Roberto watched the game from a bench.

So, Roberto played a total of 0 minutes as a RB in those matches.
So, those 2 matches against Real Madrid bring zero new infos about his ability as a RB against top teams.

He has played twice against Atletico. He has also played against Villarreal and Valencia. All as RB. Again, he has done much better than all the "great" full backs you praise, especially freakin' Hysaj, so the standard you set for him is ridiculous.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He has played twice against Atletico. He has also played against Villarreal and Valencia. All as RB. Again, he has done much better than all the "great" full backs you praise, especially freakin' Hysaj, so the standard you set for him is ridiculous.

FcBarca mentioned Hysaj.
I rarely talk about Rbs, I only mentioned Srna when we wanted him.

Still, my point is that Roberto played such a low amount of matches against top teams (which Villareal and Valencia are not) and so we will have to wait and see how will he cope on larger samples.
Then we will be smarter and we'll know whether he is the best Rb in the world, good enough for Barca, just ok-ish or something else.

Anyway, I think that we have exhausted this conversation and we are going in circles, so let's move on to something else.

Jombi

FcBarca mentioned Hysaj.
I rarely talk about Rbs, I only mentioned Srna when we wanted him.

Still, my point is that Roberto played such a low amount of matches against top teams (which Villareal and Valencia are not) and so we will have to wait and see

You did like FcBarca's post where he said Roberto wasnt good enough and we needed Hysaj...

Just because Roberto hasnt played dozens of games against Real Madrid yet, he has played at a very high level against the top teams in La Liga (which Villarreal, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Bilbao certainly are!) and in the CL games he has played like Gladbach and Roma, so this conversation about him not being good enough and getting exposed is silly. He has done better than Alba and other top full backs in those games.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You guys are being a bit harsh on Bob, he just started being #1 at RB, let's give him at least this season before writing him off.

I personally think he's been doing excellent most of the time, and I can hardly think of a horror show from him like we had from both Dani and Aleix..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are being a bit harsh on Bob, he just started being #1 at RB, let's give him at least this season before writing him off.

I personally think he's been doing excellent most of the time, and I can hardly think of a horror show from him like we had from both Dani and Aleix..

Agreed.

He is actually our 2nd best performer this season as can be seen in Man of the Match thread.

xXKonan

Roberto is going through the growing pains of the switch.

He will have those great games and those games he will struggle a bit but that's apart of the learning process. He's easily been one of our best performers so far this season and I expect him to keep making that step forward.

xXKonan

No worries :vidal:
Lucho:

YRZLkFC.gif

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

If only we had a proper RB sub, he could play in Busi's position now that Busi is in bad form. Sergi is a real engine, he brings energy with his play, honestly I also think that he is the best sub for Rakitic's position as well.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans