Sergi Roberto

God Serena

Since when has Bob become a frequently injured player?

And what simple and obvious solution are you talking about?

Roberto has always been frequently injured, actually. In his time with the B team he went down with an injury every couple of months, and it's no coincidence that since he's started playing more under Lucho the injuries are returning. How many times was Alves injured in the last few seasons? I can think of once. Injuries with Roberto will become a problem just like they are with Alba, except now we have Digne to fill in at LB while we have nothing for the RB spot.

And unless you just haven't been reading the "simple and obvious" solution should be pretty... simple and obvious. We have a B team, you know.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Roberto has always been frequently injured, actually. In his time with the B team he went down with an injury every couple of months, and it's no coincidence that since he's started playing more under Lucho the injuries are returning. How many times was Alves injured in the last few seasons? I can think of once. Injuries with Roberto will become a problem just like they are with Alba, except now we have Digne to fill in at LB while we have nothing for the RB spot.

And unless you just haven't been reading the "simple and obvious" solution should be pretty... simple and obvious. We have a B team, you know.

Calling up B team players to play against City? I don't see that happening at all.

Raketa10

I agree that against Deportivo solution is obvious. He has to give second chance to Vidal or try Palencia. It would be idiotic to change the formation AGAIN.

Devils

I agree that against Deportivo solution is obvious. He has to give second chance to Vidal or try Palencia. It would be idiotic to change the formation AGAIN.

No he shouldn't give Vidal another chance. Vidal and his agent are currently negotiating exit strategies for January. Everyone knows he is finished.

Lucho either changes the formation or gives one of the kids a chance.

Changing the formation to 3-4-3 is the more likely route Lucho will go with. Even though it is a risk, it's less risky than playing Vidal at RB who is an complete trainwreck and isn't even motivated anymore.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who's talking about City? Our next game is against Deportivo. If our backup plays well there using him against City wouldn't be the worst decision Lucho has ever made.

Bob suffers from an abductor injury so there is no way he is going to be back in a couple of days. And who is this "backup" that you kept referring to? Vidal? B team players?

gasgas

Vidal is on his way out
He might not even be 10% motivated to play for us

Palencia has never been tried there before
We cant throw him to the wolves like that

Especially now that we're behind

I think it is better to stick to what worked on Sergi's absence, it actually worked

While slowly introducing Palencia

God Serena

Bob suffers from an abductor injury so there is no way he is going to be back in a couple of days. And who is this "backup" that you kept referring to? Vidal? B team players?

Yes, B team players. Just sticking Mascherano or some CB there wouldn't provide us any better results. It's worth at least giving a B team player a chance.

Messi983

Vidal is on his way out
He might not even be 10% motivated to play for us

Palencia has never been tried there before
We cant throw him to the wolves like that

Especially now that we're behind

I think it is better to stick to what worked on Sergi's absence, it actually worked

While slowly introducing Palencia

Maybe he's not motivated to play for us anymore (although I think he still wants to succeed here and convince Lucho) but he should at least be for the sake of his career. Play good on one of the rare opportunities he'll get - maybe his last one - and try to draw attention of other clubs interested in him. Really, if he'll play against Depor, I expect a good effort from him. Not saying he'll play good because that's not only up to him (if Lucho will again throw some mixed lineup out there and whole team will play like a s***) but I don't think he'll have a "I don't give a sh**" attitude in this game.

gasgas

Maybe he's not motivated to play for us anymore (although I think he still wants to succeed here and convince Lucho) but he should at least be for the sake of his career. Play good on one of the rare opportunities he'll get - maybe his last one - and try to draw attention of other clubs interested in him. Really, if he'll play against Depor, I expect a good effort from him. Not saying he'll play good because that's not only up to him (if Lucho will again throw some mixed lineup out there and whole team will play like a s***) but I don't think he'll have a "I don't give a sh**" attitude in this game.

:lol:

Vidal wants to succeed here?

You expect him to give a good effort

With how i have seen him play in the games he'played???
Let's just say you have your hopes and i got mine
I won't attempt to burst your bubble

Cule Finn

Bob seems to have participated in training during the last couple of days. Any news on his availability for wednesday? Would be really important to have him start the match. I dont trust three at the back...

vinni

Sadly, i doubt Sergi will start tomorrow. If he recently returned to training he will probably just play 30minutes. We seem to allways do it like that when a player returns from injury.

PhilS

Bob seems to have participated in training during the last couple of days. Any news on his availability for wednesday? Would be really important to have him start the match. I dont trust three at the back...

Both starting fullbacks have been given medical clearance to play this game.

Home of Barca Fans