Sergi Roberto

Cool

Man... I mean he wouldn't even be a starter at clubs like Valencia and Sevilla, we don't even need to talk about best PL clubs and Bayern.
As I already wrote he has been receiving privileges at Barca because he's a catalan from La Masia.

Semedo in Abidal role ? Why not. But Semedo is now also 5 times better at attacking than Roberto. Semedo is better than Sergi at every task you could ask from a right back. Semedo's only defect compared to Roberto is that he's not catalan and not from La Masia. Plus Valverde might have shit in his eyes.

I said in an Abidal role because I dont trust Pique nor Bus or Raki to defend the space he leaves behind his back, plus, we already look so vulnerable defending in a counter attack situation.

YodaMaster

I said in an Abidal role because I dont trust Pique nor Bus or Raki to defend the space he leaves behind his back, plus, we already look so vulnerable defending in a counter attack situation.

I get you. But Semedo is actually fast enough to track back. I think he has a lot to offer going forward and he's starting to show it constantly now.

Anyway, I just want him to be the starter no matter in what role. This Sergi Roberto horror show has lasted way too much. It needs to end.

xXKonan

Lucho turned him into a useful Utility player when needed to be called in and that's what his role should have been.

Yet the Sporting department/coaching staff thought it would be a brilliant idea to make him more than just that. Sure he had his moments but right now it's insanity that he's still our starting RB when he has shown he isn't capable of being that player.

It really seems like Valverde is always trying to find the littlest excuses to keep him on and persist with him as a starter. All it takes is for one lucky cross from him for Suarez to bang one in or score one goal and that is easy validation in his eyes regardless if he been utter shit for 90% of the match.

people are so disrespect to our remontada catalan masia legend........

i read comment on twitter that say that roberto would have become another samper if lucho didn't play at right back.......

Cule4life

The Culest
people are so disrespect to our remontada catalan masia legend........

i read comment on twitter that say that roberto would have become another samper if lucho didn't play at right back.......

Join your fellow Roberto dickriders on r/barca. This a family friendly forum.

Catta

If he had scored instead of hitting the post, the talk here would be he had a great game. There is no in between with Sergi, its either black or white.

Alik

If he had scored instead of hitting the post, the talk here would be he had a great game. There is no in between with Sergi, its either black or white.

Him scoring has nothing to do with him being a shit defender (which he demonstrated being, once again, last night).

FCBfan22

Him scoring has nothing to do with him being a shit defender (which he demonstrated being, once again, last night).

Exactly. That's why he shines in matches where the teams park the bus and have no intention attacking (P$G remontada, Sevilla last week, etc) or matches where everyone in front of him is highly motivated (Clasicos). But as soon as the opposing team has any attention of scoring or one of the players in front of him is taking it easy defensively (which Leo and Luis do), he is exposed.

I don't like our current tactics one bit. Messi playing as RW (he's not there 85% of the time) and having Roberto to cover the whole wing. That's why I would like to have Dembele on that right side. I just don't know how our genious tactician doesn't see that. And when Bob is caught upfield, he has Rakitić/RCM covering at RB against pacy wingers, which is impending disaster.

Not to mention that the player next in line to defend, if Bob/RCM fails is Pique...

viper76

If our idiot manager keeps playing him as RB we will be 100% knocked out of the CL as we stand no chance against the big european teams its just mind boggling .

Arizona Scott

He was very good at right back yesterday and vs Sevilla. He was shit at left back yesterday. And Semedo was pretty poor at RB yesterday too. The CB play yesterday also didn't help things.

FCBfan22

He was very good at right back yesterday and vs Sevilla. He was shit at left back yesterday. And Semedo was pretty poor at RB yesterday too. The CB play yesterday also didn't help things.

Of course he was good, since we were chasing the result in the 2nd half and Valencia had no intention of attacking. Roberto is always good, when he is not under pressure defensively.

Arizona Scott

Of course he was good, since we were chasing the result in the 2nd half and Valencia had no intention of attacking. Roberto is always good, when he is not under pressure defensively.

But I am also saying Semedo did not do himself any favors in proving he should be the regular RB. Part of the reason Roberto is usually the regular RB is because since Dani left none has been consistently better than him when they have had the chance. I agree you have a point about the game situation, Roberto in the end was our best RB yesterday, but he was terrible at LB.

Home of Barca Fans