Sergi Roberto

Cule4life

The Culest
Semedo won the penalty was involved in many attacks.

Roberto was.....his usual Catalan La Masia team captain self on the field.

FCBfan22

But I am also saying Semedo did not do himself any favors in proving he should be the regular RB. Part of the reason Roberto is usually the regular RB is because since Dani left none has been consistently better than him when they have had the chance. I agree you have a point about the game situation, Roberto in the end was our best RB yesterday, but he was terrible at LB.

Well, Roberto's tendancy is always to bomb forward. That's why he seems effective in the game. But looking the opposite way, he often gets caught up, which most of the times leads to Pique getting out of position and shat on by the other team's wingers or our RCM acting like a RB, which results in similar outcomes.

If we want to keep playing Bob at RB, we need to put a true winger in front of him, not Messi. Someone who at least tracks back and does some of the work on our right side. I just can't see how we can survive in CL with Leo as a RW, Rakitić at RCM, Bob at RB and Pique at RCB.

Of course Semedo doesn't do himself any favours attacking wise, but if you look at when Pique picked up form at the end of 2018, it was during Roberto's injury. I have no doubt that Semedo playing next to him helped him massively.

5ergio_Busquets

But I am also saying Semedo did not do himself any favors in proving he should be the regular RB. Part of the reason Roberto is usually the regular RB is because since Dani left none has been consistently better than him when they have had the chance. I agree you have a point about the game situation, Roberto in the end was our best RB yesterday, but he was terrible at LB.
At the start of last season Semedo was playing very well then for no reason Valverde started playing Roberto instead of him in away games. That's where he started being inconsistent. Roberto isn't a fullback, he doesn't have what it takes to be a fullback and not good enough in midfield either.

Arizona Scott

Semedo won the penalty was involved in many attacks.

That is true and he got a goal within the week too. I want him to keep getting worked in. But sometimes he looks the least Barca player out there, just doesn't seem to have much chemistry with other players and the attack stalls (lacks creativity and coherence) the minute it gets to his feet. I hope he plays more and more and I see less and less of those attack stalls on his side, but I do see it.

FCBfan22

That is true and he got a goal within the week too. I want him to keep getting worked in. But sometimes he looks the least Barca player out there, just doesn't seem to have much chemistry with other players and the attack stalls (lacks creativity and coherence) the minute it gets to his feet. I hope he plays more and more and I see less and less of those attack stalls on his side, but I do see it.

DwUWE9pX4AMWNoT.jpg:large

If your usual team setup looks like this, it's normal that a low on confidence RB won't be effective. There is noone on the right side.

And why is Bob effective? Because he bombs forward, regardless of what will happen on the defensive end.

xXKonan

His two main attributes are being able to keep possession and hard work.

But everything else at least for a fullback is severely lacking. Even his main attribute in keeping possession is getting worse and worse as he plays as he gets pressed he loses the ball doing some dumb shit.

I mean what's the point of playing him as our main RB when he isn't good at anything else while his main attributes are getting worse? I just see people post the same stuff about him "Well he's better at possession" Yeah kinda pointless when you aren't good at anything else a RB requires.

Arizona Scott

Quite honestly i would like semedo to play more of the minutes in normal games than bob. But this is also compounded is one them is also our only back up LB, and bob is also out 3rd choice dcm.

However come the classicos and cl ties i have mixed feelings about semedo too.

I do like that carvajal guy. I like walker, kimmich, cesar and alexander-arnold too. But after that it is not real clear how to do better than splitting with what we have. Wow did cancelo make an idiotic play yesterday. I have been somewhat of a fan of bellerin but i have doubtd if he would have been the answer--and who knows where he goes after this last injury.

Just no easy or attainable solutions as best i see it but i hope (but havnt seen it yet) semedo moves bob to permanent sub utility player. (Not many players can cover as many positions as him and do it ok--he is great to have as a squad player).

omidferoz

I dont hope he starts in El clasico. vinicius pace will destroy him with rakitic beside him. I cant stand him at rb, he is not a fucking rb why in the name of god are they using him there. Damn you luis enrique !!! your crap idea still hunts us.

I dont hope he starts in El clasico. vinicius pace will destroy him with rakitic beside him. I cant stand him at rb, he is not a fucking rb why in the name of god are they using him there. Damn you luis enrique !!! your crap idea still hunts us.

? ?

lmao !!

roberto has pocketed prime cr7 but he must be afraid of 18 year old child with 2 goal? ?

stop this nonsense......

xXKonan

? ?

lmao !!

roberto has pocketed prime cr7 but he must be afraid of 18 year old child with 2 goal? ?

stop this nonsense......
Roberto never pocketed prime CR7. :lol:

Have actually watched Bob in the Classico? His best moments were always in attack not in defense. The dude regularly got bullied and shredded by Marcelo and CR7 and often got bailed out by Ter Stegen Heroics most of the time.

Arizona Scott

That's never gonna happen no matter how Semedo plays. For Valmierda, Bob shits solid gold.

I have no doubt if Semedo played like Carvajal or Kimmich than Roberto would be on the bench, but Semedo doesn't play like either one of them. I would like to see Semedo start most league games, and probably fine if he starts the Classico midweek. Honestly I am mostly indifferent toward Bob vs Semedo, I wish I was in favor of the younger player but I really want one whole package and he isn't.

khaled_a_d

If he had scored instead of hitting the post, the talk here would be he had a great game. There is no in between with Sergi, its either black or white.

This

He was very good at right back yesterday and vs Sevilla. He was shit at left back yesterday. And Semedo was pretty poor at RB yesterday too. The CB play yesterday also didn't help things.

That is also very true, but the problem is who do we have as back up LB that is better than him? At 30 Alba can't play every minute, Miranda is way worse and Vermaelen isn't even a good CB at the moment. Back up LB will be between him and Semedo most of the time

Of course he was good, since we were chasing the result in the 2nd half and Valencia had no intention of attacking. Roberto is always good, when he is not under pressure defensively.

Hence him staying in the game was warranted .
Also agree when no one in front of him against a team trying to push us Semedo is safer choice

Home of Barca Fans