Sergi Roberto

Cule4life

The Culest
I have no doubt if Semedo played like Carvajal or Kimmich than Roberto would be on the bench

Even if Semedo was capable of playing like that, it'd never happen because his confidence is shot due to unfair benching by Valgreen. How is he supposed to motivate himself to get better when he's the first one to be benched even though he won a penalty and his competition conceded a penalty?

Inb4 Joan's wisdom of "players should always be full of confidence no matter what and Valverde shouldn't have to hold their hands and give them hugs"

Even if Semedo was capable of playing like that, it'd never happen because his confidence is shot due to unfair benching by Valgreen. How is he supposed to motivate himself to get better when he's the first one to be benched even though he won a penalty and his competition conceded a penalty?

Inb4 Joan's wisdom of "players should always be full of confidence no matter what and Valverde shouldn't have to hold their hands and give them hugs"

? ?

good player are good player........

messi play because he is good no matter what & roberto play cause he better than scared semedo

roberto have bluagrana, catalan, masia, remontada attitudes in his blood.

compare to semedo who have cowardly, scared portugal farmer league in him.

this is a barca, best club in the world.

if u cry for benching and not playing every match & don't want to fight...... then fuck off to benfica..........

even then seme is getting many matches and chances......

what happened to semedo in roma 3-0? last goal 'fast n athetics' semedo losing marker on corner and concedes.

if semedo defend corner properly or dembele score empty net shot we win......

Arizona Scott

You also get confidence and prove your readiness on the training round. If he was vastly outplaying Bob on the training ground he would have been the regular starter one year ago. Right now he gets 50% of RB minutes across all competitions, an improvement from last year of about 40%. So he is at a point where it is 50/50. Like I said with some points to play with and trying to get Bobs minutes down, I say give Semedo the majority of RB starts. But when it comes to the biggest games from what I see in total contributions to the team I lean Bob for now, as does the metrics, but if Semedo keeps getting better that won't last.

Cule4life

The Culest
You also get confidence and prove your readiness on the training round. If he was vastly outplaying Bob on the training ground he would have been the regular starter one year ago..

He is already outplaying Bob. Why does he have to "vastly outplay" Roberto at the first chance he gets to even dream about becoming first choice RB? Why do those standards not apply to golden boy Roberto who has been abysmal for so long and still is an undisputed starter?

Thank God you are not a manager or you would have ruined many young players career :lol:

Arizona Scott

He is already outplaying Bob. Why does he have to "vastly outplay" Roberto at the first chance he gets to even dream about becoming first choice RB? Why do those standards not apply to golden boy Roberto who has been abysmal for so long and still is an undisputed starter?

Thank God you are not a manager or you would have ruined many young players career :lol:

He isn't vastly outplaying Bob. Not to me by the eye test, and not the stats.https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/65/Show/Spain-Barcelona Right now by stats they are equal and that is about what I see. When Semedo is in there the attack and flow when possessing the ball suffers, and he doesn't control the ball as well as Bob. I do agree however defensively we are more sound when Semedo is in there. We have better protection on the right side. Who knows but my hunch is the core players probably feel like Bob for now gives them the best chance to win.

So it is a question of whether it is better to have Bobs strengths and weakness, or Semedo? I would like to have a clear cur answer (someone who can play like Carvajal or Kimmich where there is no doubt) but all I can say is it depends as to who is best to play in a given match in a given situation.

shadows

He isn't vastly outplaying Bob. Not to me by the eye test, and not the stats.https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/65/Show/Spain-Barcelona Right now by stats they are equal and that is about what I see. When Semedo is in there the attack and flow when possessing the ball suffers, and he doesn't control the ball as well as Bob. I do agree however defensively we are more sound when Semedo is in there. We have better protection on the right side. Who knows but my hunch is the core players probably feel like Bob for now gives them the best chance to win.

So it is a question of whether it is better to have Bobs strengths and weakness, or Semedo? I would like to have a clear cur answer (someone who can play like Carvajal or Kimmich where there is no doubt) but all I can say is it depends as to who is best to play in a given match in a given situation.

Right now with Pique in defense who can just about manage himself and not cover for anyone else..definitely Semedo`s defensive presence is more required than any offensive output... I would play Roberto against weaker teams or teams which park the bus and hope for the odd goal...

Either way, mostly what both Roberto and Semedo do is pass to Messi and then hope for the best so .. :lol:

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
He isn't vastly outplaying Bob.

Read before you post. I said he's outplaying Bob not vastly outplaying him.

Yeah another wannabe BBZ in here. :lol:

Who knows but my hunch is the core players probably feel like Bob for now gives them the best chance to win..

That's the thing ain't it? The seniors are running the show and the manager is a waterboy for them

So it is a question of whether it is better to have Bobs strengths and weakness, or Semedo?

With waka waka as our RCB that's a no brainer.

When Semedo is in there the attack and flow when possessing the ball suffers, and he doesn't control the ball as well as Bob.

Whenever Semedo shows improvement (like the penalty he won) he gets benched by Valgreen disrupting his progress. Bob just mostly recycles possession and passes to Messi. Possession in itself is useless if doesn't lead to anything.

pregra

Should get a run in midfield I think. He’s not exactly a magician with the ball but his decent pace (for a CM) and stamina makes him a better option than Raki. Bob can also play 5-yard passes backwards every time he touches the ball.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think his best position is DM.

Where he's prob 3rd choice rn behind Busquets and Rakitic. If Semedo manages to build on these last few performances he's back to being a bits and pieces player. Not exactly 4th captain material.

xXKonan

I'm actually shocked he didn't get a single minute out there today.

Seemed like one of those games Valverde would have subbed him on as a winger/RM to help bring energy.

Home of Barca Fans