Sergi Roberto

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need an open heart surgery like Ragnick said they need over there in Manchester.

Instead we're going for a few cosmetic changes it sounds like. Disappointing.

mc_lovin

We need an open heart surgery like Ragnick said they need over there in Manchester.

Instead we're going for a few cosmetic changes it sounds like. Disappointing.

Difference is they can spend 200m and we next to nothing.

We need to secure funding first (CVC, Barca Studios...). When there are news on that front I hope we hear more aggressive transfer rumours.

DonAK

Difference is they can spend 200m and we next to nothing.

We need to secure funding first (CVC, Barca Studios...). When there are news on that front I hope we hear more aggressive transfer rumours.

News is that we'll be spending money from CVC, Barca Studios on Lewandowski as our primary target.

Birdy

Roberto's new salary would be 2m net, from 9m net he was getting until now.

Still not good enough...
Someone who shouldn't be wearing the Barca shirt, getting 2m net per year is actually stealing 2m net from Barca's budget every season

mc_lovin

News is that we'll be spending money from CVC, Barca Studios on Lewandowski as our primary target.

It's a bit too soon to panic like little girls and take everything at face value.

On a positive note: sport has an article about a 2003 style revolution this year :S I am sure the club under Laporta is not oblivious to our issues. We will see what happens.

DonAK

It's a bit too soon to panic like little girls and take everything at face value.

On a positive note: sport has an article about a 2003 style revolution this year :S I am sure the club under Laporta is not oblivious to our issues. We will see what happens.

Nothing the club have done so far should give them that benefit of doubt, but I'll wait to see what they do.

All the talk about a revolution is BS so far. We'll see though. Cannot have a "revolution" and keep the same rotten core intact.

vuji_31

Imagine signing the CVC deal so can renew Roberto on 6m a year and parade a 34 yr old Lewandowski as if barca are 'back'.

Mortgaging the future of club for a Haaland/Mbappe is one thing for much else.. not worth it.

More or less same as fudging the figures with inflated transfer fees.. just pushing financial issue down the road and unless huge transfers the bring a lot to future of club cant be worth it.

Well, Haaland demands fortune, Mbappe is in Madrid long time ago.
There is not much attacking options.

Maybe G.Jesus or Darwin, but again Darwin is big risk and also big money.

Getting for low price player that bangs 40 goals 10 season in a row in not braindead move. Concidering everything above.

I am more concirned about our fullbacks that are old weak and slow. We will get destroyed on flanks.
Araujo is only valid player from defense. Christanes is upgrade over Garcia, but not greatest solution against top teams.

mc_lovin

Nothing the club have done so far should give them that benefit of doubt, but I'll wait to see what they do.

All the talk about a revolution is BS so far. We'll see though. Cannot have a "revolution" and keep the same rotten core intact.

I mean it's the one thing Laporta has been good at in the past.

But one thing is for sure, if we can't spend a reasonable amount of money there's not much the club can do. We can whine all we want about that. If we spend big and the core stays the same that would be truly disappointing. If we have a transfer balance of roughly zero then well, shit happens. No one to blame but Barto in that case.

JamDav1982

But one thing is for sure, if we can't spend a reasonable amount of money there's not much the club can do. We can whine all we want about that. If we spend big and the core stays the same that would be truly disappointing. If we have a transfer balance of roughly zero then well, shit happens. No one to blame but Barto in that case.

There is plenty that can be done and rooting out old players that are past doesnt take huge spending either. It actually saves money.

The issue is not being unable to move on from old players but still believing they are top players and paying them top dollar to underperform.

ajnotkeith

Prefer to kick out the veterans even if there isn't immediate replacements. Need to get used to life without them and their presence is becoming negative and toxic recently. Also saves a lot of money spent for their miniscule on field contributions.

And all this 'Busquets is unreplaceable' stuff is bollocks. Being generous, perhaps he is our best option, but in my opinion he is far more negative than useful.

We can make do without the corpse of Busi, lol. Klopp uses CMs like Keita/Henderson/Milner and we can't arrange a midfield of Pedri/FDJ/Gavi properly? Then our talents must be way worse than we think. As far as I see it all of them have done a better job than Busi.

mc_lovin

There is plenty that can be done and rooting out old players that are past doesnt take huge spending either. It actually saves money.

The issue is not being unable to move on from old players but still believing they are top players and paying them top dollar to underperform.

Quite frankly, I think that's living in a fantasy world. Sure, the club will be on a hunt for budget options, but if we can't spend (reasonably) big and just kick out the seniors we are worse off than before. Football is pay to win (unless you are incompetent).

JamDav1982

Quite frankly, I think that's living in a fantasy world. Sure, the club will be on a hunt for budget options, but if we can't spend (reasonably) big and just kick out the seniors we are worse off than before. Football is pay to win (unless you are incompetent).

Nah you are one in fantasy world that thinks veterans can be replaced and there has been no tactical issues lately.

Wouldnt be worse than before.

Yes football is about winning and improving team and not nearly as difficult as you make out.

Barca without Busquets have a midfield options of FDJ, Kessie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico and Torre/Roberto that is nowhere near as weak as you make out and a decent coach easily gets a tune out of that to better extent than current Barca midfield.

Joan

How is Barca supposed to look next season if throws our Pique, Busi and Alba with no replacements?

Pique still our most important defender and Alba the best left back we've got. Ideally, we sign better players but that costs.

Joan

I read he celebrated his extension with a bunch of friends including Busquets last Wednesday.

Home of Barca Fans