Sergi Roberto

M

Messi4life

I think he has been pretty great the few minutes he's played. Showed some great dribling and ability to get quickly past players and driving the ball up towards goal, and is usually pretty good at picking out a good pass and deliver it accurately.

Loaning him out might be a good idea, but I seriously think he could be ready for a bigger role in Barca as he is right now. He hasn't really gotten the chance to show how he can perform over a longer period of time, which is the only way to properly judge how a player works in the team. Nerves can make a great player seem poor if he's only getting 20 critical minutes to play and show what he can do every other week...

The only "youngster" that has gotten a proper chance this season is Bartra, and that's because of injuries on other CBs. A shame we don't have a coach that is giving the youth a bigger chance, we seemingly have to loan out everyone first before wanting them back for a spot in the squad.
FOR GOD SAKE!

Spare us the whining. Our midfield talent was Thiago and we let him go for a lousy sum in the context. Personally, I am incredibly tired of Culés to celebrate their own talents that do not deserve it. We should not be like Real fans who are way too critical of their players, but you have to find a middle way. That is, be realistic and stop beautify our talents that are not good enough.

Roberto are not at this level, not in Barca anyway.

DinhoR10

FOR GOD SAKE!

Spare us the whining. Our midfield talent was Thiago and we let him go for a lousy sum in the context. Personally, I am incredibly tired of Culés to celebrate their own talents that do not deserve it. We should not be like Real fans who are way too critical of their players, but you have to find a middle way. That is, be realistic and stop beautify our talents that are not good enough.

Uh Rafinha? Suarez? Samper? Halilovic? Thiago was the first in this new round but he wasnt the only one.

ebieymjunior

24 - Sergi Roberto

FOR GOD SAKE!

Even Thiago when he was at Barca wasn't at that so called magical "Barca level" according to a lot of people, even to the coach at the time, but guess who had enough faith in him to develop him?

Frodo_FCB

He is not ready to be a starter yet.. But he is good enough for the bench. I think under the instructions of Lucho he can only get better(look Rafinha).

L

linetty

Luis Enrique has told Barcelona that midfielder Sergi Roberto (22), whose contract expires in 2015, cannot be sold or leave on loan. [md]

Wow, he really sees something in him.

Maria

He is not ready to be a starter yet.. But he is good enough for the bench. I think under the instructions of Lucho he can only get better(look Rafinha).

Rafinha was someone who even when he had Eusebio as his coach, he still looked like the best player on the team..Sergi never did that.

I mean a lot of people want him sold now and nobody really rates him, him becoming a reliable part of our squad and being rated as someone who can be played in important games if necessary to rest our stars would be a pretty big turnaround. Agreed completely on what role he should take.

At this point we don't need someone to rest our stars, we need someone to become a star and Sergi is never going to be that person.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans