Sergi Roberto

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Article from totalbarca, which restates an article from Sport:

timthumb.php

Sergi Roberto is quoted by Sport talking about his future as well as his thoughts concerning Lionel Messi and Xavi Hernández. On his future, Roberto feels comfortable, “I never doubted my future or continuing at Barça for a moment because Luis Enrique knows me well from the youth setup and I know he believes in me. I am so excited for next season. We all are.”

If it was up to the young midfielder, Xavi’s future would even be a question. “I don’t know what he will eventually decide but me, from my stance, I want him to stay. I want him to stay because of everything he is, what he represents and selfishly because I learn every day being by his side.”

He also speaks sense concerning Messi. “Nobody can say anything bad about him. What he’s given for the club has never been done by anyone in its history. A bad season? Yea okay, he only scored 40 goals. But obviously he cannot be 100% all the time. It’s a privilege to be able to count on the best player in the world and I hope he will be here forever.”

Image: Miguel Ruiz FCB

DinhoR10

One day Ray Hudson will scream, "Its Sergi, he's running at the defenders, Sergi, KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" And We'll have just won a clasisco or something :lol:

J

Jamie Cal

Luis Enrique has told Barcelona that midfielder Sergi Roberto (22), whose contract expires in 2015, cannot be sold or leave on loan. [md]

Wow, he really sees something in him.

I am DELIGHTED by this. I was so disappointed when I heard he was seen as a fringe player a few months back. I thought the games he played last year, though, not glamorous, showed all the right things I want to see from a guy in his position. Maybe a loan wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but do I need to say the story of Xavi almost leaving? Of course Xavi still had the bottle to become a man out of it all, but, for me, Sergi is on the right track to follow.

Butaan4barca

i always believed in him,said, his potential is greater than thiagos. Thiago is risky and flashy , he is the one. if he beleives it himslef, the true heir to xavi. Calm and composed. mobile and competent. He just needs that one extra gear on him. thats it

Tomchin

i always believed in him,said, his potential is greater than thiagos. Thiago is risky and flashy , he is the one. if he beleives it himslef, the true heir to xavi. Calm and composed. mobile and competent. He just needs that one extra gear on him. thats it
No offense, but what has Roberto already shown on the pitch to claim that he could be Xavi's heir?

Btw, i forgot, has he been in the first team for 1 or 2 years now?

zealot

Yeap agree with you, he needs that ability to produce moments game changing magic, and it could be in any kind of form. Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets have their own unique capabilities, and they've used that to heavily influence important matches.

F

Flavia

I really don't see him stepping up. Hope I'm wrong, though. Things are not looking really good this far.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yeap agree with you, he needs that ability to produce moments game changing magic, and it could be in any kind of form. Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets have their own unique capabilities, and they've used that to heavily influence important matches.

His extra gear would be those rampaging forward runs of his. We saw him in action against Bayern back in the 13/14 preseason. He just needs an injection of confidence in order to begin playing like that regularly.

Butaan4barca

No offense, but what has Roberto already shown on the pitch to claim that he could be Xavi's heir?

Btw, i forgot, has he been in the first team for 1 or 2 years now?

Calmness, composure, unselfishness, tempo controlling. Although he needs to make a big step towards

ability to intrude, that killer pass, going forward, and shooting.

Butaan4barca

His extra gear would be those rampaging forward runs of his. We saw him in action against Bayern back in the 13/14 preseason. He just needs an injection of confidence in order to begin playing like that regularly.

exactly ...good example. When he does play with confidence, he does surprises. he has got the thing, you feel it but maybe he is still shy.

Who knows, xavi, iniesta, both got better and better with age.

Home of Barca Fans