Sergi Roberto

ebieymjunior

Just want to rub it in for some people on here:

FC Barcelona started today the talks to renew Sergi Roberto. Luis Enrique adores the player. #CatRadio

:barca scarf:

F

Flavia

Just want to rub it in for some people on here:

FC Barcelona started today the talks to renew Sergi Roberto. Luis Enrique adores the player. #CatRadio

:barca scarf:

I just hope his adoration won't become stubborness, if he fails to deliver.

Ursegor

World Champion
He seems mentally weak aka Bojanitis. In preseason he looked impressive. As he did against Celta when there was no pressure in Camp Nou. Energetic and Yaya-esque darting runs, some neat dribbles. In pressure games he releases the ball as if it is a hand granate and looks clumsy. Pep once said "people will be surprised once Roberto breaks through". The talent must be there.

Time for :lucho: to turn him into a man.

DinhoR10

He needs to man up now or never he is the only Xavi-esque cm we have that is of age to really try to make his name and now he has a coach that will give him time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I had high hopes for him, and was high on him after Thiago left. Ended up being disappointed. He had some flashes here and there but otherwise looked as meat-and-potatoes as one could look.

I hope Lucho knows how to unlock him, I won't be hyped again, he fooled me once already.

Tomchin

He seems mentally weak aka Bojanitis. In preseason he looked impressive. As he did against Celta when there was no pressure in Camp Nou. Energetic and Yaya-esque darting runs, some neat dribbles. In pressure games he releases the ball as if it is a hand granate and looks clumsy. Pep once said "people will be surprised once Roberto breaks through". The talent must be there.

Time for :lucho: to turn him into a man.
Bojanitis :lol: Yeah, it's true in preseason was great indeed, but preseason doesn't say much. Dongou was great during preseason too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As of this moment, the hype is totally unwarranted. He hasn't remotely shown himself to be an 'heir to Xavi', and I couldn't care less about how he performs against the likes of Lechia Gdansk in preseason.

You guys are brutally undermining Xavi if you think his role is just making simple short passes and running around. From what he's shown, Roberto is completely afraid of the ball and just plays a complete passenger role. He doesn't make us better or worse, he's just there. Hell I've seen him make plenty of wayward passes around January/February as well so the 'calm, composed' label shit is just a perception and not an observation. It was alarming how poor he was with the B team last year despite being a 'senior' talent and how most of the praise just came as a reaction to Thiago's departure.

He even got a good run of games in the CDR, never shone or grabbed his chance like a truly impressive prospect. Xavi is a unique mind, brilliant and one of a kind. Roberto is simply correct and functional right now. I mean the fact that he's called 'the patient midfielder' says quite a bit doesn't it?

That being said he does perform decently with confidence and Lucho must have some sort of plan if he likes him so much. I hope to see a turnaround, though his best chance of that was being mentored by Xavi who's now leaving. Players have stepped up as their career moved on even though nothing indicated that'd happen, I hope Roberto can be one of these cases.

Home of Barca Fans