Sergi Samper

xXKonan

With us getting rid of the dead weight and upgrading our bench and Squad overall their should be no more excuses of us overplaying our starting 11.

And I hope Lucho, if Samper stays he uses him and instead of him being left in the stands 90% of the time, when he could be out on loan getting the minutes.

BBZ8800

Messi will play all the time, especially without NT team now.
Neymar always plays all matches, he will get angry otherwise.
Suarez don't have a sub.

Iniesta-Raki-Busi will play as starters.
From time to time Ini/Raki will get rested and Rafinha/Arda and Denis will get some minutes.
Even there we will already be crowded.

If Roberto will be a starting RB, we won't have to worry about him as a Cm.
But if Lucho will turn to Vidal somewhere during a season, then Roberto comes back to a midfield rotation (plus a RB rotation) also.
And players Rafinha/Arda/Denis+Roberto will get even less minutes.

Ok, last season we lost energy in the end because of a lack of rotation, but we won't suddenly go to Lucho's first season where he played a different midfield trio/or the whole 11 in every match.
And so, if some of you guys are expecting lots of rotations and lots of playing time for both Ini, Raki, Busi + Rafinha, Arda, Denis, Roberto and Samper=I think that you will be disappointed.

Again, if Roberto will play as a RB, that is one man less in midfield.
But it remains to be seen how things will develop on our RB position.

Also, majority of fans would like to see more minutes for Rafinha, Denis, Samper and Roberto in midfield, and less minutes for a granny Arda.
But that won't happen.
If Arda will stay, he will be Lucho's 3rd or in the worst case 4th pick in midfield (after Rafinha).

If we have learned something from Lucho in these 2 seasons it is that he has his personal pecking order for all positions, and it is very easy to predict who will play in key matches and in smaller matches when he rotates.
Also, in these 2 seasons, only Xavi dropped down in Lucho's pecking order during a season, and Vidal in the 2nd season.

So, unless if something happens like in Vidal's case, then Lucho will have exactly the same pecking order like in previous 2 seasons.
That means:
1st pick: Iniesta+Raki
2nd pick: Arda or Rafinha
3rd pick: Roberto
Denis will probably start somewhere behind Rafinha/Arda in that order, or equal with them.
Samper is currently (and Lucho had him in disposal in previous seasons)=a last pick.

So, Arda won't lose place suddenly.
Samper won't suddenly jump to higher positions in a pecking order.
Busi is never rotated too much etc.

So, we won't play with the same 11 all the time as in the last season.
But also, I am personally not expecting kamikaze season (as DonAk said) either.

So, if Samper stays, it seems as too many midfielders for our needs, and some guys will surely be disappointed over this season.

Last edited:

opjeoff

In my opinion, what he needs now more than anything is stability at another club. If he tries to become a one-man club player, he could end up not making it at Barcelona at all. I think that is what happened with Bartra, where he needed to gain playing time at another club early on, however his passion for the club stagnated his development.

I feel Samper should go to a club he can without fail play and gain minutes so that he can come back and be a reliable replacement for Busi. Sort of like what happened with Rugani at Juventus, where he was immediately loaned to Empoli , who were in Serie B at the time , and became one of their best players as he played almost every minute in his 2 seasons there. Now he is seen as a adequate replacement for the BBC , even playing 20 matches while being their 5th choice at Juve.

Granted the situation is very different. But i feel that if Samper needs to become an undisputed starter at a lower club before he can progress at this club. As for which club he could join, I think Real Sociedad would be a good challenge to break into the XI as well as a decent environment for him to grow. If he can spend two seasons on loan at Sociedad while being an undisputed starter in the team, it would go a long way to show how reliable he is thus him being ready to be Busi's direct replacement.

It doesn't have to be Sociedad, but he needs to be playing week in week out before he can be considered future starter at Barcelona. We have the best players in the world at this club, this sometimes means players are better off learning from them, but it also means players who are not up to standard will never break into the XI.

What do you guys think?

God Serena

The way I see it, if Lucho likes Samper and decides he should stay, he will play. You can post your walls of text analyzing exactly why he'd get no playing time and you can list all of the hypothetical reasons why he would rot on the bench, but it's all been said and done before, with Rafinha, and yet Lucho has shown without fail that he will find a way for him to get a good amount of minutes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Roberto surprised us all so there's still hope for Samper too.
I wish the kid the best.

Loyal guys like him turned down riches from epl to fight it out for their dream playing for their home club.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi will play all the time, especially without NT team now.
Neymar always plays all matches, he will get angry otherwise.
Suarez don't have a sub.

Iniesta-Raki-Busi will play as starters.
From time to time Ini/Raki will get rested and Rafinha/Arda and Denis will get some minutes.
Even there we will already be crowded.

If Roberto will be a starting RB, we won't have to worry about him as a Cm.
But if Lucho will turn to Vidal somewhere during a season, then Roberto comes back to a midfield rotation (plus a RB rotation) also.
And players Rafinha/Arda/Denis+Roberto will get even less minutes.

Ok, last season we lost energy in the end because of a lack of rotation, but we won't suddenly go to Lucho's first season where he played a different midfield trio/or the whole 11 in every match.
And so, if some of you guys are expecting lots of rotations and lots of playing time for both Ini, Raki, Busi + Rafinha, Arda, Denis, Roberto and Samper=I think that you will be disappointed.

Again, if Roberto will play as a RB, that is one man less in midfield.
But it remains to be seen how things will develop on our RB position.

Also, majority of fans would like to see more minutes for Rafinha, Denis, Samper and Roberto in midfield, and less minutes for a granny Arda.
But that won't happen.
If Arda will stay, he will be Lucho's 3rd or in the worst case 4th pick in midfield (after Rafinha).

If we have learned something from Lucho in these 2 seasons it is that he has his personal pecking order for all positions, and it is very easy to predict who will play in key matches and in smaller matches when he rotates.
Also, in these 2 seasons, only Xavi dropped down in Lucho's pecking order during a season, and Vidal in the 2nd season.

So, unless if something happens like in Vidal's case, then Lucho will have exactly the same pecking order like in previous 2 seasons.
That means:
1st pick: Iniesta+Raki
2nd pick: Arda or Rafinha
3rd pick: Roberto
Denis will probably start somewhere behind Rafinha/Arda in that order, or equal with them.
Samper is currently (and Lucho had him in disposal in previous seasons)=a last pick.

So, Arda won't lose place suddenly.
Samper won't suddenly jump to higher positions in a pecking order.
Busi is never rotated too much etc.

So, we won't play with the same 11 all the time as in the last season.
But also, I am personally not expecting kamikaze season (as DonAk said) either.

So, if Samper stays, it seems as too many midfielders for our needs, and some guys will surely be disappointed over this season.

Too many assumptions in your arguments. I am 100% sure you would have posted something like this if someone asked should Roberto stay at the start of last season. Lucho will decide the "picks" depending on the players performance, if Samper can prove what he takes to play for barca he will definitely end up with decent number of minutes. He would be the first choice for Busi's replacement. He can also play as a conservative CM too sometimes. From the looks of it we will not sign a RB. Sergi and Vidal will share the minutes for that position. If samper feels he can compete and get some minutes I don't see why he shouldn't stay. This might be his breakthrough season, if he can actually get some minutes from Busi then it would be great. Busi is very crucial to our system and he needs to be well rested for key matches. He rarely gets rested because of the obvious drop in quality and style.

God Serena

Roberto surprised us all so there's still hope for Samper too.
I wish the kid the best.

Loyal guys like him turned down riches from epl to fight it out for their dream playing for their home club.

This reads as if you think Samper is useless and has been so for years, but can hopefully turn it around the way Roberto did.

Which is ridiculous.

frog-fcb

Feel good about this kid .. i just don't trust Lucho with him .. Lucho and his odd fetish for old players

I dont think its as much fetish as it is requirement. We have become so accustomed to sucsess it can be hard for lucho and the young player to get a chance in the first team as if it all goes wrong you know who's head will be on the chopping block

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We haven't really seen Lucho develop any of our cantera players yet so hard to imagine how he would integrate Samper this season outside of a loan to a Primera club

Still, very happy he's been tied down - Sergi is an example and should be managed better than he has been

God Serena

We haven't really seen Lucho develop any of our cantera players yet so hard to imagine how he would integrate Samper this season outside of a loan to a Primera club

Still, very happy he's been tied down - Sergi is an example and should be managed better than he has been

Well the thing is, he hasn't had much opportunity. His only really glaring mistake was Grimaldo, but much like Aleix Vidal, he pissed the boss off too much to have any chance here.

With Rafinha he was making every attempt to develop him and he really was improving, prior to his injury. Even after his injury, he still found himself slotted into our XI in moments that horrified many of the naysayers.

Sandro was never really ready for first team action, and Munir was just promoted too soon to be ready to develop here. Both of these were poor choices for additions to the squad in hindsight, but they were our only options for backing up MSN.

And Roberto is actually contrary to this opinion. He went from being seen as useless to many, to being arguably our only logical sub in midfield or at RB, over the course of two seasons.

Home of Barca Fans