Sergi Samper

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I definitely don't like this approach, think it is a reflection of this board and Lucho, frankly. But, happy that the player will get first team minutes someplace - hopefully in Spain at a good team

God Serena

I don't embed tweets often, so forgive me if this looks like the digital version of the average Arda Turan performance.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">[1/3] Barcelona B midfielder Sergi Samper (21) is a 'plan B' if Barcelona fail to sign Valencia midfielder André Gomes (22). [md]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/749267410298044416">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">[2/3] Sergi Samper (21), who will renew, will only be loaned out, probably to a La Liga team, if André Gomes (22) is signed. [md]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/749267857167552512">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">[3/3] First team coach Luis Enrique has approved the signing of Andre Gomes, but he has also made it clear that he’d want Samper. [md]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/749268190388256769">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Gomes seems like a very unlikely buy regardless, but it seems really stupid to me that rat-face and the board want to loan out a player the coach himself wants to promote.

xXKonan

I don't embed tweets often, so forgive me if this looks like the digital version of the average Arda Turan performance.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">[1/3] Barcelona B midfielder Sergi Samper (21) is a 'plan B' if Barcelona fail to sign Valencia midfielder André Gomes (22). [md]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/749267410298044416">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">[2/3] Sergi Samper (21), who will renew, will only be loaned out, probably to a La Liga team, if André Gomes (22) is signed. [md]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/749267857167552512">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">[3/3] First team coach Luis Enrique has approved the signing of Andre Gomes, but he has also made it clear that he’d want Samper. [md]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/749268190388256769">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Gomes seems like a very unlikely buy regardless, but it seems really stupid to me that rat-face and the board want to loan out a player the coach himself wants to promote.
Oriol Domenech, was saying after Barto made those "Samper is going out loan comments" Robert told Samper it wasn't true.

Miguel Rico said Lucho wants to bring Samper with him to preseason and won't make the decision until Pre season is over. It all depends whether or not we can get Andre Gomes, it seems if we can't (Which is very likely we won't get him) Lucho and Robert want to keep Samper here.

Seems like another case of Robert,Lucho and the Techincal staff and Barto and the Board being on two different wavelengths.

Messi983

He'll be promoted, it's just a question whether he'll stay or go on loan. Anyone has the question Bartomeu was asked when he said that about Samper? Those twitter comments can often be misleading or taken out of context. But even if Bartomeu really thinks that SS should go on loan I can agree with him to some extent. He knows that SS has the best DM in the world ahead of him and it would be hard for him to get playing time so I don't take his quote as something negative.

Aynway, I don't think we'l loan SS without Lucho's consent. If Lucho wants to keep SS and thinks he can give him enough minutes to develop he'll stay. But I just don't think we can guarantee him playing time next season (even without Andre Gomes joining us - I believe those rumours are BS and we won't bring another midfielder besides Denis; and Gomes is different type of player than Samper anyway so his possible arrival would change more for the likes of Denis, Rafinha and Arda than SS) so I prefer loan to get him La Liga experience before coming back. Of course IF he really convinces Lucho during preseason then that could change.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Promoted to first team i guess?

Oh nice..... If Samper does cement his place in first team(fingers crossed), we could still use one of Rafinha/Sergi Roberto as backup to RF. Denis, anyway, would only be playing in front 3 I reckon

Messi983

I don't think Samper staying will have any effect on Denis or Rafinha. He'll be used mostly as Busquets backup and maybe some games in Rakitić role. At least I'd like to see him there as I think he could be better in that role as our other current midfielders (except for maybe Roberto) and he won't get enough minutes only playing as DM.

Busquets (Samper)
Iniesta (Denis, Rafinha, Arda)
Rakitić (Arda, Samper) - Arda is not the best suited for that role but I think Lucho will continue to play him there, hopefully with better results than this season

Messi (Rafinha, Arda)
Suarez (Munir/?????)
Neymar (Denis, Arda)

I could be wrong but that's how I see it. I'm not even counting on Roberto as midfielder anymore. Yes, he could play there part time (probably as DM if Samper goes on loan or if Busi is unavailable/needs a rest) but unless we bring another starting quality RB (which seems unlikely) he'll play there the most games.

As for Denis: using him only as backup to Neymar/Messi would be wasting his talent. We all know that they will probably again play majority of the games. And more importantly, we need to find out if Denis can be longterm Iniesta replacement over the next season or two. There are a lot of doubters here but I really believe he can. At his introducing press conference they said we intent to use him mostly as midfielder. Yes, that were his own and Robert's words so we don't know what Lucho really thinks but I think (or at least hope) he agrees with that.

Home of Barca Fans