Sergi Samper

DinhoR10

Why not? You act like Xavi was a God.

Well aside from the fact that he was one of the best midfielders of all time, samper is a different type of player and isn't nearly as mobile, same with busquets, they have the passing range but they aren't as mobile as him so you won't see them in the box for iniesta to thread the needle and lobbing Casillas. We unfortunately have a dilemma in that iniesta is the only one who could probably mimic Xavi except maybe sergi Roberto and he's yet to convince. And we have no one good enough to mimic iniesta until maybe Suarez or halilovic come to pass, so we are going to have to change our style to suit rafinha or samper until someone of either the Xavi or iniesta mold comes through if we want to play the 2008-2012 style again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alarcón

One player can never mimic another. The game will always look slightly different with different players. I for one am of the opinion that Iniesta would be a horrible replacement of Xavi and his talent would be wasted in that position.

Samper can be mobile enough to replace Xavi, for sure. Let's see him play for the first team before judging.

DinhoR10

One player can never mimic another. The game will always look slightly different with different players. I for one am of the opinion that Iniesta would be a horrible replacement of Xavi and his talent would be wasted in that position.

Samper can be mobile enough to replace Xavi, for sure. Let's see him play for the first team before judging.

I agree that it's a waste to play iniesta in that position but I don't think he'd be horrible just not as good, but for us to play like we did before we need iniesta Xavi and busquets and that will never happen again. We probably will be able to play just as well but it'll always be different. Samper looks more like Pirlo to me, maybe he could do what Xavi did but I'm fine either way an we'll just wait and see. I think we have to remember that we should have a system that fits the players we have as opposed to a system that is always in place. We should still play the basic skeleton of tiki taka in possession and quick passes but you won't have a false 9 system if you don't have a messi type player and you wouldn't make a player like Deulofeu touch line hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

He was pretty mobile in the one game he played in the Xavi role for the first team against Lechia Gdansk. But then again, that was Lechia Gdansk. Let's not judge Samper just yet.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He had a great first season overall, mature and composed in passing play. I hope he improves defensively next season because that's the place where he's lacking most if he wants to be a pivot.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
BssRl7sCYAASj3i.jpg

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He needs to progress defensively.
He's more a central midfielder than defensive midfielder imo.

Of course. There's a reason why people call him the next "Xavi." IMO, he either has to improve his defensive game or his movement (preferably both) depending on which position he wants to play.

Home of Barca Fans