Sergi Samper

Zangash

Banned
Of course. There's a reason why people call him the next "Xavi." IMO, he either has to improve his defensive game or his movement (preferably both) depending on which position he wants to play.

I wasn't following football at the time since I was still learning to count I guess but wasn't Xavi supposedly the heir to Pep Guardiola's CDM spot and he ultimately shifted to a more forward role? If this is the case I hope I'm not the only one who sees some parallels here.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I wasn't following football at the time since I was still learning to count I guess but wasn't Xavi supposedly the heir to Pep Guardiola's CDM spot and he ultimately shifted to a more forward role? If this is the case I hope I'm not the only one who sees some parallels here.

Yes, you are right. Xavi didn't really shine until he was moved up from the CDM spot to the CM role.

Samper himself showed promise when he played as a central midfielder last preseason. Granted, that was against lesser opposition, but still.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Yes, you are right. Xavi didn't really shine until he was moved up from the CDM spot to the CM role.

Samper himself showed promise when he played as a central midfielder last preseason. Granted, that was against lesser opposition, but still.

From what I've seen of him he's more or less a CM that plays the CDM position anyways. You don't see Busquets or Mascherano picking up outside of the boot assists the way Samper does.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Hope we see him today and most likely he will start. I think he will get some minutes this season for Barca now when Lucho is in charge.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good to hear, I hope he continues to do well and reach new heights this season.

Hopefully there will be a download or online video of the 2nd half of today's match.........

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Ierahdtv he is a YouTuber. He has fantastic videos and usually post full matches of Barcelona. Maybe he will upload the game.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
BtEPlOACQAABAh6.jpg

bismp

Played really well imo.Far better than sergi roberto,even though they don't play at the exact same position.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't think it's too premature to state this kid's future with the B team and the disaster that is Eusebio is over...He can contribute to this first team or in all honesty should be loaned out to a first team where he can get valuable experience...I liked a lot of what I saw tonight

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Great positioning, great passing, great game. He belongs in that pivot role, his passing between the lines in that position is the kind that I've only seen Busi do.

Home of Barca Fans