Sergi Samper

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was not in the B Team Squad for their game and Gerard Romero just said he will be in the squad for the Ajax game.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not surprised, he's really banging on the door of the first team. I just hope he gets chances at CM too as that's where he should be groomed to play in the future.

Zangash

Banned
Not surprised, he's really banging on the door of the first team. I just hope he gets chances at CM too as that's where he should be groomed to play in the future.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There is no displacing Busquets, but if he's as good as he appears to be, we're going to have to find a way to fit him in one way or another, and it's not like CM is too foreign a position for him, as the defensive part of his game was always the weakest.

DinhoR10

I don't think its so much that people think he can play as xavi but more that he can play alongside Busquets, in something resembling the spain midfield of Xavi-Busi-Alonso with two DMs. With Iniesta/Suarez/HAlilovic/Messi in xavi;s position.

F

Flavia

B1JrKcSCcAAz7er.jpg

DinhoR10

Watching him play, convinces me he might actually have a higher ceiling than busquets just because he is faster and is better at spraying the long balls.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I feel like we're gonna have to rely on him sooner rather than later. Not as a pivot, but for the CM position. Xavi is the only true central midfielder we have that excels at controlling the game and circulating the ball but that comes at the price of only playing well when rested and leaving us defensively screwed. Samper would give us another option and if we can accelerate his development we'll have one major problem area covered.

I believe he's ready because the role that'd be required of him doesn't require him to deliver anything difficult (a consistent goalscoring tally or defending against top class players without making errors). It's just a matter of circulating the ball the way he's been taught to do since he was 6 and keep the team connected.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans