Sergi Samper

L

linetty

In my opinion Verratti is way ahead of Samper but he's 3 years older :p

He's just 19 though. Pure class.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Damn I would like to see Samper starting for us in the future. Would like to sim my life ahead for 1-2 years.

Zangash

Banned
There are reports that Lucho will try to loan Samper to Sevilla in order to get Suarez back at the end of this season.

I know Lucho isn't likely to be here after this season if he doesn't win any trophies, and and at this rate I'm kind of hoping for it, to be honest. I'd rather us not win anything than see Samper get loaned out. Disgusting.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
There are reports that Lucho will try to loan Samper to Sevilla in order to get Suarez back at the end of this season.

I know Lucho isn't likely to be here after this season if he doesn't win any trophies, and and at this rate I'm kind of hoping for it, to be honest. I'd rather us not win anything than see Samper get loaned out. Disgusting.
What are the other options though? Lucho sees him as a DM , so him fighting for the CM spot for the first team next year is out of the window. In the DM spot he has Busquets and Masch in front of him. And him playing another year under Eusebio doesn't seem like a good idea either. So loaning him out seems like the only good idea IF lucho stays here another season.

Zangash

Banned
What are the other options though? Lucho sees him as a DM , so him fighting for the CM spot for the first team next year is out of the window. In the DM spot he has Busquets and Masch in front of him. And him playing another year under Eusebio doesn't seem like a good idea either. So loaning him out seems like the only good idea IF lucho stays here another season.

This line of thinking is the problem.

First of all, Mascherano is not a DM for us and the fact that nobody can actually see this shows the fanbase in general is in pure denial. What sense does it make for our first choice CB to be our backup CDM? There's a reason we had Keita, and Song, after all. Second of all, Busquets does not need to play every game, especially with his form fluctuating the way it is now (Although, to be fair, as with all our midfielders, his poor form is almost entirely on Lucho).

As far as Mascherano goes, as I already said, he is our first choice CB. In all but the most rare situations (I believe this is hist first season ever playing in midfield more than once in a season) that is where he will play. On top of that, he's fucking 31 years old by the end of this season. What's the point in blocking a midfield talent set to become the best midfielder to emerge from La Masia since Xavi himself in favor of a 31 year old who doesn't even play the position with us?

Then, there's also the simple fact that there is no way in hell that Samper plays out his entire career as a DM. I can almost guarantee you that if we dip our faces in acid and loan him to Sevilla Emery will utilize him as a CM and watch him thrive, the way we should have shortly after Samper's promotion to Barca B. Lucho refusing to give him the opportunity to evolve as a player (Mind you, the shift from CDM to CM is the EXACT change Xavi went through as a youngster) does not give him a valid reason to just offload our single most promising youngster.

I mean, honestly. When he got rid of Deulofeu people started shitting all over the kid for all his various flaws. What are the flaws with Adama? What are the flaws with Suarez? What are the flaws with SAMPER? Not a single young player that we've sent on loan has come back to have success at the club. It is the kiss of death. Rafinha may quite possibly be the one to break that but he's a midfielder, and unfortunately for him Lucho isn't a very big fan of midfields.

You Lucho crusaders may be tying your nuts in knots to maintain your rampant apologetics but every day and every game it becomes clearer and clearer that he's not the man for the job. What will you be saying when we don't win any trophies this season and Barty boy gives him the sack? Will you be cursing the high heavens that Samper and Adama won't be going out on loan? Don't kid yourselves.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This line of thinking is the problem.

First of all, Mascherano is not a DM for us and the fact that nobody can actually see this shows the fanbase in general is in pure denial. What sense does it make for our first choice CB to be our backup CDM? There's a reason we had Keita, and Song, after all. Second of all, Busquets does not need to play every game, especially with his form fluctuating the way it is now (Although, to be fair, as with all our midfielders, his poor form is almost entirely on Lucho).

As far as Mascherano goes, as I already said, he is our first choice CB. In all but the most rare situations (I believe this is hist first season ever playing in midfield more than once in a season) that is where he will play. On top of that, he's fucking 31 years old by the end of this season. What's the point in blocking a midfield talent set to become the best midfielder to emerge from La Masia since Xavi himself in favor of a 31 year old who doesn't even play the position with us?

Then, there's also the simple fact that there is no way in hell that Samper plays out his entire career as a DM. I can almost guarantee you that if we dip our faces in acid and loan him to Sevilla Emery will utilize him as a CM and watch him thrive, the way we should have shortly after Samper's promotion to Barca B. Lucho refusing to give him the opportunity to evolve as a player (Mind you, the shift from CDM to CM is the EXACT change Xavi went through as a youngster) does not give him a valid reason to just offload our single most promising youngster.

I mean, honestly. When he got rid of Deulofeu people started shitting all over the kid for all his various flaws. What are the flaws with Adama? What are the flaws with Suarez? What are the flaws with SAMPER? Not a single young player that we've sent on loan has come back to have success at the club. It is the kiss of death. Rafinha may quite possibly be the one to break that but he's a midfielder, and unfortunately for him Lucho isn't a very big fan of midfields.

You Lucho crusaders may be tying your nuts in knots to maintain your rampant apologetics but every day and every game it becomes clearer and clearer that he's not the man for the job. What will you be saying when we don't win any trophies this season and Barty boy gives him the sack? Will you be cursing the high heavens that Samper and Adama won't be going out on loan? Don't kid yourselves.

I want him to fight for that CM spot too next season. All I'm saying is that Lucho (not me) sees him as a DM , so him getting playing time as a central midfielder won't happen under Lucho. We are talking about Lucho here no one is first choice (except for messi) , he might have played most of the time as a CB this first half of the season , but that might change in the next half of this season.

Zangash

Banned
I want him to fight for that CM spot too next season. All I'm saying is that Lucho (not me) sees him as a DM , so him getting playing time as a central midfielder won't happen under Lucho. We are talking about Lucho here no one is first choice (except for messi) , he might have played most of the time as a CB this first half of the season , but that might change in the next half of this season.

This is under the assumption that Lucho will be here come July, which he won't be. Samper and Adama will be promoted next season and it will be up to disappointing post-Pep manager #4 to try to integrate them into the team.

Kasperroed

No, that might not change. Busquets is his first choice and that is not going to change (unless Busquets gets injuried or something).

It seems like Pique, Busquets, and Messi are the only certain starters for most games, which i actually think is fine.

Kasperroed

This is under the assumption that Lucho will be here come July, which he won't be. Samper and Adama will be promoted next season and it will be up to disappointing post-Pep manager #4 to try to integrate them into the team.

Hopefully it will be up to Diego Simeone. I would love to have that man in Barca.

Kasperroed

Simeone would be a wild card. He could help many of our players improve, but he could also bring a style to the team that doesn't work.

I can't see why it would'nt work. He would probably want to bring in more defensive backs, but i could see him put up a team like this with our current players:

---------------- Bravo -----------------
Montoya - Pique - Mathieu - Adriano
------- Samper ---- Busquets --------
-- Messi ----- Iniesta ---- Neymar --
--------------- Suarez -----------------

Morten

I can't see why it would'nt work. He would probably want to bring in more defensive backs, but i could see him put up a team like this with our current players:

---------------- Bravo -----------------
Montoya - Pique - Mathieu - Adriano
------- Samper ---- Busquets --------
-- Messi ----- Iniesta ---- Neymar --
--------------- Suarez -----------------

I cant see a coach like Simeone leave out Mascherano.

Home of Barca Fans