Sergi Samper

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lucho on Sergi Samper: "I don’t rule anything out for him but I see him clearly as a pivote, which is his natural position. You can see all of his features when he plays there.”

Fuck off Lucho. Don't be an obstacle in Samper's evolution.

Tonykross

Lucho on Sergi Samper: "I don’t rule anything out for him but I see him clearly as a pivote, which is his natural position. You can see all of his features when he plays there.”

Fuck off Lucho. Don't be an obstacle in Samper's evolution.

He will be destroyed as a pivot in top level football, too slow and static.

khaled_a_d

He's actually quite faster and more mobile than Busquets.

Not sure if faster but he isn't so slow tbh,but he always showed little skill in the defensive end ,he can play a pivot into a 2 pivot game plan ,but so far he doesn't support defense at all ,lacks strength too

DinhoR10

Xavi emerged at 18. There's no reason to wait much longer

Honestly he plays like a 28 year old already, lucho should look to promote him sooner rather than later. But i suspect, especially with his comments about him being a pivot, that Lucho has Rafinha in mind to play alongside Iniesta/Rakitic in the long term.

Gnidrologist

Honestly he plays like a 28 year old already, lucho should look to promote him sooner rather than later. But i suspect, especially with his comments about him being a pivot, that Lucho has Rafinha in mind to play alongside Iniesta/Rakitic in the long term.
Absolutely agree. Coincidentally i recently downloaded and watched few matches of Barca from Xavi's first season and although he was technically competent and didn't make any blunders at that time he was hardly an influence on the overall play of the team. Even in Rijkard's era he wasn't that much of a factor although passing accuracy and situational awareness was obviously good. Samper seems to be already a great asset in the buildup play as he doesn't choose the easy way out like young Xavi did. He does a lot of risky passes that are almost always perfect, he moves and wiggles around while assessing the situation like late Xavi did instead of releasing the ball as fast as possible to avoid the error like young Xavi did. His maturity seems to be inborn and he will get only better within coming years. Definitely a first team player. Not even a 'prospect' anymore.

BBZ8800

He is the brigtest prospect out of all of our young players.

And he has mental strength, bravery and intelligence.

Zangash

Banned
He is the brigtest prospect out of all of our young players.

And he has mental strength, bravery and intelligence.

Even this guy agrees that Samper is something special.

I could honestly see Rakatic getting benched next season if we don't force Samper to compete with Busi for the pivot.

anguy

I could honestly see Rakatic getting benched next season if we don't force Samper to compete with Busi for the pivot.

Let's not overyhype poor Samper OK? Even if he improves his passing and awareness to become better midfield director than Rak, Rak is far more universal - better shot, better corners and free kicks and stronger.

Zangash

Banned
Let's not overyhype poor Samper OK? Even if he improves his passing and awareness to become better midfield director than Rak, Rak is far more universal - better shot, better corners and free kicks and stronger.

I can't remember the last time a strong shot has mattered for one of our midfielders, and considering our last corner kick goal prior to Pique's in the derbi was 116 corners ago and scored by Puyol I'd have to save how well he takes corners is also irrelevant, and considering nobody is going to take free kicks with Messi and Neymar around I am also inclined to say that is irrelevant as well.

anguy

I can't remember the last time a strong shot has mattered for one of our midfielders,

Which is the problem and one of the reasons Rak was brought in

and considering our last corner kick goal prior to Pique's in the derbi was 116 corners ago and scored by Puyol I'd have to save how well he takes corners is also irrelevant
The same. Besides I believe our corners have vastly improved this year which might help when facing good defenses in close matches.

, and considering nobody is going to take free kicks with Messi and Neymar around I am also inclined to say that is irrelevant as well.

Actually Xavi seems to be before Neymar right now... Anyway I believe Rakitic is our best right foot FK shooter. He should be used more often.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Right after Bartra of course. Bartra and Samper.

PA-385925.jpg

Marc+Bartra+Sergi+Samper+FC+Barcelona+v+APOEL+6hn2ROqPTDql.jpg

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans