Sergi Samper

khaled_a_d

That wasn't even a year ago :lol:

But I've found that most of the people that were that hyped for him are still relatively excited. I heard someone on another discussion board say Adama was Barca B's best player along with Halilovic (Lol).

As bad as he was ,Adama was top 4 with Sandro ,Grimaldo & Alen actually .defense was utter shit .Dongue was worse and even Munir was really bad and actually didn't play half of the season .you may rate Samper higher as a player but performance wise last season he wasn't better .Adama as stupid as he was was our best option in attack . it gives you an indication how shitty the team was

Zangash

Banned
As bad as he was ,Adama was top 4 with Sandro ,Grimaldo & Alen actually .defense was utter shit .Dongue was worse and even Munir was really bad and actually didn't play half of the season .you may rate Samper higher as a player but performance wise last season he wasn't better .Adama as stupid as he was was our best option in attack . it gives you an indication how shitty the team was

Adama was not better than Samper last season. No way, no how. Adama actually made the team worse in many games just by having the ball come to him.

navidjaan

That wasn't even a year ago :lol:

But I've found that most of the people that were that hyped for him are still relatively excited. I heard someone on another discussion board say Adama was Barca B's best player along with Halilovic (Lol).

Grimaldo was Barça B's best player last season followed up by Samper and Adama, in my opinion.

khaled_a_d

Adama was not better than Samper last season. No way, no how. Adama actually made the team worse in many games just by having the ball come to him.

Adama was the only threat between attackers and leader in assists by good margin .he and Alen was the only threat to make plays
Samper had the worst year in his career ,he is better prospect and better 1st team player than Adama but by no means as a Barca B player he was better than Adama

Zangash

Banned
Adama was the only threat between attackers and leader in assists by good margin .he and Alen was the only threat to make plays
Samper had the worst year in his career ,he is better prospect and better 1st team player than Adama but by no means as a Barca B player he was better than Adama

You can count how many times he loses the ball dribbling deep into coverage with no backup in a single half and run out of fingers. Being used consistently as a starter despite having more horrid performances than not compared to Samper being benched for fucking Gumbau and Patric only pushes to support the notion that he had a better season but it's far from true imo. Samper is a midfielder who tries to run the game and distribute to the forwards while Adama is the forward who tries to jam a square peg into a round hole and pats himself on the back when the hole breaks and he can force the peg through. His assist stat is rendered irrelevant when you look at how the season actually went and I wouldn't say he was much better than even Munir was from a game to game perspective, except unfortunately for him Munir has proven he can fit in with the first team and already has Lucho's trust to receive promotion.

khaled_a_d

You can count how many times he loses the ball dribbling deep into coverage with no backup in a single half and run out of fingers. Being used consistently as a starter despite having more horrid performances than not compared to Samper being benched for fucking Gumbau and Patric only pushes to support the notion that he had a better season but it's far from true imo. Samper is a midfielder who tries to run the game and distribute to the forwards while Adama is the forward who tries to jam a square peg into a round hole and pats himself on the back when the hole breaks and he can force the peg through. His assist stat is rendered irrelevant when you look at how the season actually went and I wouldn't say he was much better than even Munir was from a game to game perspective, except unfortunately for him Munir has proven he can fit in with the first team and already has Lucho's trust to receive promotion.

I know this argument isn't going anywhere ,but I think you are mixing between watching Adama as a prospect and watching him as a professional player in 2nd division team .Adama as idiotic as he is always had more impact IMO .
And as I've previously made myself clear ,I don't rate Samper high really . he is the one who disappointed me most .and I hope I am wrong about him .as I hope we are wrong about Adama/Dongou etc .

Zangash

Banned
I know this argument isn't going anywhere ,but I think you are mixing between watching Adama as a prospect and watching him as a professional player in 2nd division team .Adama as idiotic as he is always had more impact IMO .
And as I've previously made myself clear ,I don't rate Samper high really . he is the one who disappointed me most .and I hope I am wrong about him .as I hope we are wrong about Adama/Dongou etc .

Why don't you rate Samper? Is there something you see about him that Xavi doesn't?

khaled_a_d

Why don't you rate Samper? Is there something you see about him that Xavi doesn't?

I don't know what Xavi said about him .but players always complement young prospects and it really mean nothing b/c you never know if they mean it or just being nice.
I just don't see it with Samper ,his game intelligence isn't as good as advertized .he lacks defensive ability for a DM and doesn't dictate the tempo for CM .he doesn't make players around him better and doesn't make his presence felt .
for me those things are critical for a Barca prospect as CM/DM

Zangash

Banned
Why dont you rate Adama? :p

I've made it clear why I don't rate Adama. He's a terrible player.

I don't know what Xavi said about him .but players always complement young prospects and it really mean nothing b/c you never know if they mean it or just being nice.
I just don't see it with Samper ,his game intelligence isn't as good as advertized .he lacks defensive ability for a DM and doesn't dictate the tempo for CM .he doesn't make players around him better and doesn't make his presence felt .
for me those things are critical for a Barca prospect as CM/DM

I disagree, but I'm sure you already knew that. He has solid distribution, has good football IQ, good technical ability, and, when in a midfield that isn't generally useless, actually does help dictate the tempo.

All he really needs is time in top flight football at this point. If even freaking Sergi Roberto can get that much I don't see why Samper shouldn't.

xXKonan

CKeXKGxUkAAraQs.jpg

It says Wenger wants to bring Samper to Arsenal.

xXKonan

Wenger tried to Poach Busquets away from us I think was it 2008? and Busi in the end signed a new deal with us and the rest is history. I mean it's no secret he's been doing this for years trying to Poach away our Biggest prospects and Samper is another one that he wants.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Samper is the one he's wanted the most. Old man tries to poach him almost every year.

Home of Barca Fans