Sergi Samper

Zangash

Banned
B keeper Suarez, midfielders Samper, Gumbau and Halilovic and forwards Munir and Sandro will start pre-season with first team on Monday [md]

So much for Adama then I guess. Not all too surprising though, tbh. He's just like Deulofeu minus the quality.

khaled_a_d

On another note, why is Gumbau starting preseason with the first team? He's only slightly above awful.

He had trained with 1st team many times last year . probably he is sort of a filler in the training .
Coaches love to start the pre-season with big squad for some reason .and with Messi,Mascherano and may be Neymar absent for the early part of the pre-season Lucho may have decided he need extra player
Gambua is awful .but he is the basically the 3rd best midfielder after Samper&Alen .as awful as it sounds he was logical choice
PS:bit disappointed that Grimaldo didn't make it .his situation is a bit uncomfortable with 1 year left in his contract and offers from Portugal
Also don't like that Adama left out,honour the clause and let him start the preseason tell he is loaned

xXKonan

Samper: "Barça is the club of my life. I'd like to be at the first team this season. I know it's difficult, but I will work hard for it."

I don't think its fair to say he's deu minus the quality, more like deu's low iq with less quality. Has he shown to have a bad attitude? That was Deu's main problem not the making bad decisions.

Zangash

Banned
I don't think its fair to say he's deu minus the quality, more like deu's low iq with less quality. Has he shown to have a bad attitude? That was Deu's main problem not the making bad decisions.

His decision making is worse than Deulofeu, he's less of a goal or assist threat, and he's far more individualistic than even the often ultra-selfish Deulofeu is. The only area where he's decisively better is his dribbling and even that works against him, as he develops an "Adama vs the world" approach whenever the going gets tough, which only sees him and the team drop in quality.

People like to call him a wonderkid but the memories of such people are short as hell. He'll go on loan and suffer and everyone will move onto the next wonderkid.

His decision making is worse than Deulofeu, he's less of a goal or assist threat, and he's far more individualistic than even the often ultra-selfish Deulofeu is. The only area where he's decisively better is his dribbling and even that works against him, as he develops an "Adama vs the world" approach whenever the going gets tough, which only sees him and the team drop in quality.

People like to call him a wonderkid but the memories of such people are short as hell. He'll go on loan and suffer and everyone will move onto the next wonderkid.

Well then we agree, he needs to up his iq game but Deu's problem, the reason a lot of coaches didnt want to work with him was his bad attitude not simply his on field deficiencies which can be ironed out by a good coach. Not saying he's going to make it here for sure, I don't think he will actually cause the only slot we have that isn't really filled is Messi's deputy and there are only two players that can play there and thats Alen and Rafinha. Anyone else will require a change in our current system.

I can see us buying him back in a couple years when we have a need for him though.

Zangash

Banned
Well then we agree, he needs to up his iq game but Deu's problem, the reason a lot of coaches didnt want to work with him was his bad attitude not simply his on field deficiencies which can be ironed out by a good coach. Not saying he's going to make it here for sure, I don't think he will actually cause the only slot we have that isn't really filled is Messi's deputy and there are only two players that can play there and thats Alen and Rafinha. Anyone else will require a change in our current system.

I can see us buying him back in a couple years when we have a need for him though.

The situation with Deulofeu is blown out of proportion, imo. His attitude problems are really just him clashing with managers equally as strong willed as he is. Lucho and Emery are no BS coaches while Martinez is more cooperative and willing to work with a player. Granted, Emery and Lucho are both much better coaches, but that's for another discussion. Playing for a smaller team under a coach who actually believes in him and is willing to work with him to improve will benefit Gerard, imo. In a couple of seasons (When our buyback option expires) Suarez and Messi will be hitting 30 and will need more rest. By that time he'll either be ready to return, or Munir/Sandro will be ready to step up for the first team. Either way, we win.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Samper sounds confident and motivated. He'll need both traits to prove himself in preseason. If things go well, he'll get his chances by January. Xavi is not here anymore and Iniesta usually starts dead and comes to life in spring.

I'm rooting for the kid to make it.

Zangash

Banned
Only a year ago, people were writing posts like these:

Now he is not good enough even to play pre-season friendlies :p

That wasn't even a year ago :lol:

But I've found that most of the people that were that hyped for him are still relatively excited. I heard someone on another discussion board say Adama was Barca B's best player along with Halilovic (Lol).

Home of Barca Fans