Sergi Samper

Robbie

Smells like bullshit. Toral has finally had his knee condition taken care of, and is going to have a preseason for the first time ever. We also have Wilshere, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Rosicky, etc. all crowding the midfield, with Zelalem looking for a spot in there too. It made sense 4+ years ago because he would've been free and straight to the academy, but now it looks like tabloids cooking up more lies

khaled_a_d

Maybe with Lucho adamant on playing Rafinha on the wing we might see Samper get cm mins this season.

Very unlikely ,he played at DM even with Rafinha on RW and Sergi Roberto/Gambua are both capable of playing DM yet Samper was still DM .if that trend continue it might be the time to trust Lucho words that he think he is DM

Very unlikely ,he played at DM even with Rafinha on RW and Sergi Roberto/Gambua are both capable of playing DM yet Samper was still DM .if that trend continue it might be the time to trust Lucho words that he think he is DM

Yeah seems like it kinda hard since Lucho was the one who put Roberto in DM in the first place but I guess he knows what he's doing.

BBZ8800

Yes.
I thought that he will maybe put Gumbau on Dmc and put Samper as a Mc, but no.
If Samper was a Dmc with Roberto and later Gumbau on the field, that's it then. He is our Dmc.
The question is whether he will be a 2nd (Busi, Samper), 3rd (Busi, Masch, Samper) or 4th (Busi, Masch, Roberto, Samper) choice.

I am hoping that he will be our 2nd or in the worst case, our 3rd choice and that he will get minutes in some home La liga matches, cup matches and CL matches group stage like Ajax, Apoel etc.

Samper and Munir remains the only 2 players from this generation in whom I personally trust.

RaidersGunz

He isn't trying to poach anyone. Rumours are we're ready to bid up to €12.5m for him. Barca will have the final say.

He's 20 now, and Wenger tried to get him when he was 15. Will he be anywhere near the first team in a year or two? If not, he may be tempted to leave even if it means getting first team football.

If we did get him, he'll one day want to go back to Barca (if he's good enough).

But yeah... it's a bid for a pro player if the newspapers are to be believes. We've just sold Flamini to Galatasaray, so we've got space for 1 more midfielder.

barcanuck

I think we should of dumped Bob this year and given Samper his minutes plus Xavi's mins. There was no need to buy Turan really but he does have great experience and passion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He isn't trying to poach anyone. Rumours are we're ready to bid up to €12.5m for him. Barca will have the final say.

He's 20 now, and Wenger tried to get him when he was 15. Will he be anywhere near the first team in a year or two? If not, he may be tempted to leave even if it means getting first team football.

If we did get him, he'll one day want to go back to Barca (if he's good enough).

But yeah... it's a bid for a pro player if the newspapers are to be believes. We've just sold Flamini to Galatasaray, so we've got space for 1 more midfielder.

Yeah right, and end up costing us 80m or something like that to buy him back.

I am fed up with these stupid release clauses in Spain. Seriously, can we get rid of them?

I hope Samper has a bit of patience and do the right thing for himself and stay. He will be promoted next summer and perhaps we can send him out on loan? With all due respect, going to Arsenal is a huge step down.

Robbie

These rumours make no sense. We have too many midfielders, to the point when even Wilshere is sitting on the bench and Rosicky is annoyed at not getting enough minutes. Now they expect us to believe that Wenger wants another midfielder when we desperately need a striker? And why would Samper go from one bench to another? If he was going to leave, it would be to a club where he will play every week

Home of Barca Fans