Sergi Samper

Robbie

Like Jon Toral??

:)

Toral came to us on crutches. He had a knee condition that took surgery and years to get over. Either way, all these rumors are fake

https://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_/status/624448348808982528?s=09

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ks-arsenal-to-sign-him-desperate-for-the-move

It's most likely Samper's family trying to drum up interest so Barca values him more. Maybe they're scaring the club into thinking another Thiago situation might happen

Robbie

FA Cup is a joke compared to what Barca wins even on our bad seasons and if he cared about money more than he cared about Barca he'd have left a long time ago.

Of course, since my post was a joke. I was hoping the Man City/Chelsea part made it obvious :lol:

But my point was, that Samper isn't really winning with Barca. He's watching them win from the bench, getting less minutes than Thiago was. And Barca has been going out and buying world class players like Neymar, Rakitic and Suarez to fill vacant positions instead of promoting from within. Will Samper get his chance to become a first team player, or will the club stick with Busquets who only just turned 27?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course, since my post was a joke. I was hoping the Man City/Chelsea part made it obvious :lol:

But my point was, that Samper isn't really winning with Barca. He's watching them win from the bench, getting less minutes than Thiago was. And Barca has been going out and buying world class players like Neymar, Rakitic and Suarez to fill vacant positions instead of promoting from within. Will Samper get his chance to become a first team player, or will the club stick with Busquets who only just turned 27?

The plan is or atleast should be Samper transitioning into a more advanced centre midfield role so both he and Busquets can play together in the midfield. He's the brightest prospect right now and one the entire academy have been waiting for for some time now so he's bound to get his chance. He'll get it. In a year or two that's the question. The important thing for him right now is to get good minutes in a better team than Barca B in Segunda B.

Zangash

Banned

What the hell are you talking about? Samper hasn't been watching the team win from the bench, he's been watching them win from the B team. Him getting less minutes than Thiago would only be something to talk about if he was actually part of the first team. Do you know anything at all? By that logic we could say Sergi Palencia has been benched for Alves and has gotten even less minutes than Douglas.

By the time Samper is ready to be a starter here he'll most likely play in a more advanced role, so he can play at the same time as Busquets. Samper has the qualities to play anywhere in our midfield, which is something none of our other midfielders possess.

SocalBarcaFan

What the hell are you talking about? Samper hasn't been watching the team win from the bench, he's been watching them win from the B team. Him getting less minutes than Thiago would only be something to talk about if he was actually part of the first team. Do you know anything at all? By that logic we could say Sergi Palencia has been benched for Alves and has gotten even less minutes than Douglas.

By the time Samper is ready to be a starter here he'll most likely play in a more advanced role, so he can play at the same time as Busquets. Samper has the qualities to play anywhere in our midfield, which is something none of our other midfielders possess.

I agree with all of this but especially the bolded part. Every time I have seen samper I have been so impressed by him. He is just like Busquets but more agile and maybe less defensively sound. I may be wrong on the defensive part. The only time I've seen Samper are in the few and far between games with the 1st team. But thats why I'd love to see Samper and Busquets play together. One of the things I love most about Busquets is that he knows what He's gonna do with the ball before the ball comes to him. Samper seems to have that same quality. The only thing I haven't seen from Samper yet that all Barca midfielders need especially in Luchos Barca is long through balls to the forwards. Again, maybe I just havent seen him enough.

khaled_a_d

Players younger than Samper got 1st team play .with Barca or Arsenal e.g Munir & Bellerin .the fact that he is still with Barca B makes Robbie point more valid tbf .but players grow at different rate
As for the bolded part there is yet anything to prove that assumption other than fans opinion .every coach has played him as true DM and said that to media too .he hasn't played in the CM position against men yet .this assumption right now should be considered as a long shot not the "most likely"

Robbie

Sorry, I assumed since everyone is saying he's the next great talent, that he would at least be in the first team. Samper has no business staying in Segunda B, and there aren't any aging first teamers that he could realistically take over from. And playing in an advanced midfield role is not what I remember him being rated for. I thought he was the next Xavi/Busquets? Either way, he's at an age now that he needs to be playing every week. He at least needs to go out on loan.

Zangash

Banned
Players younger than Samper got 1st team play .with Barca or Arsenal e.g Munir & Bellerin .the fact that he is still with Barca B makes Robbie point more valid tbf .but players grow at different rate
As for the bolded part there is yet anything to prove that assumption other than fans opinion .every coach has played him as true DM and said that to media too .he hasn't played in the CM position against men yet .this assumption right now should be considered as a long shot not the "most likely"

Munir got first team play in a team that only really had Messi and Neymar. Pedro was there but he's not really a threat to anyone. Of course there were more chances for Munir at the time when he could sub in for any of three players with no competition, while Samper had to sit behind the greatest DM in the world, with Mascherano being capable of playing deputy. To say or imply Munir/Sandro are more developed is ludicrous. Bellerin gets first team play because he choose to climb down several tiers and play for Arsenal. Any of our young players can choose to play for a weaker team for first team action but some don't because they desire to play for Barca. Even now he's not even with Barca B. If Lucho decides he's not ready for the first team yet he'll be loaned.

What the coaches say or do now doesn't matter when discussing how he could evolve as a player. Two seasons from now Lucho's opinion on Samper's best position can change. It's quite obvious he has the capability of transitioning to a different role. It's just a matter of when/if the coach decides to make that jump. We've had plenty of players come through our academy who now play different positions than they did in the youth teams and even with the first team initially. Messi went from the RW to False 9, back to RW. Alba was a winger before getting cut and returned as a fantastic LB. Xavi was a deep lying playmaker (Seen as the heir to Guardiola, a DM, no less) before moving up. Puyol was a RB who obviously didn't become legend for us as a RB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Munir got first team play in a team that only really had Messi and Neymar. Pedro was there but he's not really a threat to anyone. Of course there were more chances for Munir at the time when he could sub in for any of three players with no competition, while Samper had to sit behind the greatest DM in the world, with Mascherano being capable of playing deputy. To say or imply Munir/Sandro are more developed is ludicrous. Bellerin gets first team play because he choose to climb down several tiers and play for Arsenal. Any of our young players can choose to play for a weaker team for first team action but some don't because they desire to play for Barca. Even now he's not even with Barca B. If Lucho decides he's not ready for the first team yet he'll be loaned.

What the coaches say or do now doesn't matter when discussing how he could evolve as a player. Two seasons from now Lucho's opinion on Samper's best position can change. It's quite obvious he has the capability of transitioning to a different role. It's just a matter of when/if the coach decides to make that jump. We've had plenty of players come through our academy who now play different positions than they did in the youth teams and even with the first team initially. Messi went from the RW to False 9, back to RW. Alba was a winger before getting cut and returned as a fantastic LB. Xavi was a deep lying playmaker (Seen as the heir to Guardiola, a DM, no less) before moving up. Puyol was a RB who obviously didn't become legend for us as a RB.

This.

Robbie

Sounds like the type of signing Juventus would make. Especially since they lost Vidal, and may end up losing Pogba at some point.

Home of Barca Fans