Sergi Samper

Hellsangel

Lucho sees things in training that we don't. Samper is obviously very talented but maybe Lucho thinks he hasn't got the mental attributes atm? I read somewhere last year that Sergi couldn't cope with being drawn into a relegation battle with Barça B and that he wasn't enough of a fighter. I can imagine such a personality being contradictory to what Enrique wants.

khaled_a_d

Not a priority to him or the board, club has shifted its priorities and philosophy

Then why is Gambua getting a fair chance?why many kids get a very good chance
Considering the squad ,I don't blame Lucho for lack of youth .he has given many of the younger players good minutes in comparison to how good they are
Like any coach ,there will be some things fans won't agree with, some of them he will be right others will be mistakes

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This isn't any club, or at least it isn't normally

Preseason the kids get some minutes with the first team to see what they can offer...Lucho did similarly last summer

If your youth aren't getting promoted or are being transferred/loaned away AND you fail to let them audition for the first team then what point is there for a cantera?...Apart from fueling Wenger's paedophilia

Alarcón

Which B player should Lucho have used more last season? He used them a lot in the first part, towards the end they were battling relegation and were needed at the B team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lucho used forwards early due to Suarez' ban, then youth integration evaporated

Many of us witnessed Samper's quality last preseason andhow beneficial it would've been to keep him with the first team

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The only thing I did not like last season was how Lucho treated Deulofeu. Shipped him away after a couple of weeks instead of giving him a real chance.
I hope Samper will stay with the 1st team and get some minutes here and there. Adama and Alen should be loaned out to a small Spanish team for one season with the guarantee to give them a chance next year.

raki

Not a priority to him or the board, club has shifted its priorities and philosophy

The level of the 1st team has risen same as other clubs in Europe. We have Bartra, Rafinha, Munir, Roberto, Sandro and Samper. I think it´s very good. Do you want trebles or not?

silvia

The level of the 1st team has risen same as other clubs in Europe. We have Bartra, Rafinha, Munir, Roberto, Sandro and Samper. I think it´s very good. Do you want trebles or not?

Bartra, Ranfinha, Munir, Roberto, Sandro, Samper.
All are multiposition backup. I think that is how Lucho treats Lamasia.
Mathieu? Arda? now Nolito? short sighted measures.
Treble is earned primarily because we have Messi, in my opinion.
Having messi also means barca is advantageous in buying more world class players.
Now it is time to develop a real starter at la masia.
I really hope Lucho follows the color of barca.

Interlop

Now it is time to develop a real starter at la masia.

I think wants to develop Rafinha as a real starter for us. But, it would be great if he takes a closer look at Samper, it is clear that thi guy, also, has the talent. But I guess Lucho knows the players better than all of us.

vinni

I think it is important to point out that last season we where behind Real Madrid for a long time. It is alot harder to use our youth in that position. We basically needed to win all matches. Its not a good posistion to start experimenting with the youth players.

As for Samper versus Gumbi. Maybe Lucho have a good idea allready what Samper can do. Perhaps Gumbi got playing time this preseason to show off what he can do. Who knows.

Home of Barca Fans