Sergi Samper

serghei

When you think of his style of play, he isn't ideal for Lucho's midfield. He wants players with lots of energy in the two advanced midfield positions. Busi is amazing on the ball but if he wasn't good defensively then he wouldn't start. Perhaps Lucho sees Samper as being a bit of a luxury. Great on the ball but lacking the physicality and defensive solidity to play as the lone DM and not being mobile enough to play as one of the CMs. It is a bit strange though because Lucho seemed to rate him very highly last summer and at the start of last season.

Sounds plausible. It's clear Lucho doesn't see this team like Pep did. He likes his midfield to be more stiff (not in a negative way) but also more capable of dealing with counters, so he's gambling more on specialized role-players, players who can master whatever qualities characterize their position the most. Let's be honest here, I've seen Samper in like 5 games so far, and the reason most think he's great is because he is a good passer and has a nice ball control I think. Both of those things aren't exactly the most important characteristics a classic DM needs to master. I'm fairly sure Lucho likes the profile of someone like Matic for example.

What I don't understand is that gumbau hasnt done anything of note in preseason. All he does is make random shots that are either off target or get blocked and when samper played he wasn't any less in defense he's gotten way better at it actually. Actually gumbau was worse cause his position left the back line exposed for Hazard to run at.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
gerard-deulofeu-rie-cristiano-ronaldo-23714361.gif

He's not 1/10 the player Ronaldo is and still he does that. Speaks a lot about his mentality. Do you ever picture Iniesta or Xavi doing that. Or Busquets? No.

Instead of mocking Ronaldo he should have learned a thing or two from him about motivation and hard work, he seems to have missed those lessons.

To be fair, that is hilarious. And as great of a player as Ronaldo is, some of his antics are ridiculous and deserve to be made fun of.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I'm sure that there are more youngsters out there who mock the better players instead of learning something from them. That's not the point. The point is he is a bench-warmer who mocks the Ballon d'Or winner. He just made a fool of himself there, and it just shows he has the mentality of a 10 year old.

We are not even the bench warmers and make fun of Ronaldo. What's your point? We should applaud everyone out there because they're good players?! We mock Ronaldo so we are all 10 years old fools? Shall we praise and hail Mourinho because he's a good coach too?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
gerard-deulofeu-rie-cristiano-ronaldo-23714361.gif

He's not 1/10 the player Ronaldo is and still he does that. Speaks a lot about his mentality. Do you ever picture Iniesta or Xavi doing that. Or Busquets? No.

Instead of mocking Ronaldo he should have learned a thing or two from him about motivation and hard work, he seems to have missed those lessons.

What the hell? That shows nothing. You can't expect everyone to be as reserved as Iniesta and Xavi. Tell me, did you have an issue with Piqué's cheeky comment about Kevin Roldan?

serghei

To be fair, that is hilarious. And as great of a player as Ronaldo is, some of his antics are ridiculous and deserve to be made fun of.

I don't find it hilarious at all. It's like watching a cheap joke, where the joke is more on the one who makes it. Imagine some Real Madrid reject mocking Messi, or Iniesta, or Xavi like that. It's funny only because Ronaldo is from Real Madrid. If the situation had been reversed, than it would've been anything but funny.

We are not even the bench warmers and make fun of Ronaldo. What's your point? We should applaud everyone out there because they're good players?! We mock Ronaldo so we are all 10 years old fools? Shall we praise and hail Mourinho because he's a good coach too?

That's entirely different. I'm not a public figure, so I have more liberties than a professional footballer. If I like to drink 10 cans of beer for example I can do it without any kind of restrictions. If you're a footballer, or a public figure, you have certain limitations on what you can, and can't do. Some break those limits, like Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic. However, what Deulofeu did is even worse. It's bad for Wenger and Mourinho to mock each others and act like dicks, but at least they do it from similar positions in terms of status. Not the case with Deulofeu. Some are arrogant, but also have the results to back-up the arrogance. Some are arrogant, without having any kind of result to at least make that arrogance somewhat acceptable. So, bottom line, Mourinho, Cristiano, Ibrahimovic, are arogant types. But they also have charisma, impressive results, and winner mentalities. Deloufeu is just arrogant and childish.

First you have to do stuff to be arrogant AND successful.

Alik

I don't find it hilarious at all. It's like watching a cheap joke, where the joke is more on the one who makes it. Imagine some Real Madrid reject mocking Messi, or Iniesta, or Xavi like that. It's funny only because Ronaldo is from Real Madrid. If the situation had been reversed, than it would've been anything but funny.
At that point in time, Deulofeu was just about to begin his preseason at Barca so he wasn't a reject.

And to be fair, if a Madrid youth mocked Suarez's bite, I wouldn't care. That's a more accurate comparison.

serghei

At that point in time, Deulofeu was just about to begin his preseason at Barca so he wasn't a reject.

And to be fair, if a Madrid youth mocked Suarez's bite, I wouldn't care. That's a more accurate comparison.

You're compairing Ronaldo celebrating a goal with Suarez biting someone? Come on, distance yourself from all the bias against Ronaldo and see the difference. The amount of hate Ronaldo gets here really is immense.

Alik

You're compairing Ronaldo celebrating a goal with Suarez biting someone? Come on, distance yourself from all the bias against Ronaldo and see the difference.

And you're comparing Ronaldo's arrogant celebrations to Iniesta, Xavi, Messi :shrug:

serghei

And you're comparing Ronaldo's arrogant celebrations to Iniesta, Xavi, Messi :shrug:
No. I'm comparing the status of the players. There's nothing wrong with players celebrating a goal. Deulofeu pretends he shoots people in his celebrations.

spark

Its not like he did it on the football field. He was in the parking lot goofing around with someone else and cameras happened to film it. Just as cameras caught RM players making jokes about the Hacienda around the time of Messi's tax case. These things probably happen in dressing rooms and at training far more commonly than the cameras catch them.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead

That's entirely different. I'm not a public figure, so I have more liberties than a professional footballer. If I like to drink 10 cans of beer for example I can do it without any kind of restrictions. If you're a footballer, or a public figure, you have certain limitations on what you can, and can't do. Some break those limits, like Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic. However, what Deulofeu did is even worse. It's bad for Wenger and Mourinho to mock each others and act like dicks, but at least they do it from similar positions in terms of status. Not the case with Deulofeu. Some are arrogant, but also have the results to back-up the arrogance. Some are arrogant, without having any kind of result to at least make that arrogance somewhat acceptable. So, bottom line, Mourinho, Cristiano, Ibrahimovic, are arogant types. But they also have charisma, impressive results, and winner mentalities. Deloufeu is just arrogant and childish.

First you have to do stuff to be arrogant AND successful.

Well, from the path Delo is taking in his professional career I think he's gonna be another one of those irrelevant players so eventually he doesn't seem to be much different from you and me.

I don't find that very hilarious either, not because Delo Should NOT do it for the reasons you mention, but because he's doing it bad. A little more practice and dedication and he might find a better career in acting than in playing football. I suggest he keeps Ronaldo as his role model in acting. The guy is surely a legend in that regard.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

If Messi, Iniesta, or Xavi acted like clowns on the pitch and got made fun of for it then I'm sure it would be funny.

JamDav1982

If Messi, Iniesta, or Xavi acted like clowns on the pitch and got made fun of for it then I'm sure it would be funny.

Regardless of how much a prick Ronaldo acts on the pitch at times I personally dont like to see Barca players stooping to that level.

Inagine Jese started to mock Suarez, Neymar, Busi or Alves all of whom have had 'clown' moments on the pitch.

It would come across as some young prick of a player with ideas above his station that mocks players that are on a different level to him.

Can guarantee people on here would not think it is funny and would slaughter him for it.

khaled_a_d

Regardless of how much a prick Ronaldo acts on the pitch at times I personally dont like to see Barca players stooping to that level.

Inagine Jese started to mock Suarez, Neymar, Busi or Alves all of whom have had 'clown' moments on the pitch.

It would come across as some young prick of a player with ideas above his station that mocks players that are on a different level to him.

Can guarantee people on here would not think it is funny and would slaughter him for it.

ًWhether it is right or wrong action,this type of attitude isn't what carve a player career .many footballers had horrible characters yet they achieved a lot .this kind of attitude isn't what is problem with Gerard,it is his work ethic and willingness to work on his game

Home of Barca Fans