Sergi Samper

khaled_a_d

If I was Samper, I should just leave Barca on loan or permament with buy option. He's too good to play in Segunda B and it won't benefit his devolopment at all.

Said who?most youth players in Spain play and develop in that division .and in most cases it is better to their development than being in Segunda
He won't get much playing time if he leaves ,kid right now isn't by any mean good enough .he is the most overhyped La Masia kid we had in a while .talent is there but he has long way to go

El Flaco

[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]

Samper's a overhyped talent? Why do you say that by all mean because I don't think a lot of club in Spain would be intrested in him if Samper actually was overrated...

Alarcón

If I was Samper, I should just leave Barca on loan or permament with buy option. He's too good to play in Segunda B and it won't benefit his devolopment at all.

nonsense... Messi was too good for La Liga 6 years ago and he still improved massively until now... there is absolutely nothing to suggest Samper will just stand still and I don't know where this notion comes from that players have to be in a strong team to improve... on the contrary, it can hurt his development if he is brought into the 1st team too early; this is not 2008 - how would he get any playing time at all, in our midfield?

khaled_a_d

[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]

Samper's a overhyped talent? Why do you say that by all mean because I don't think a lot of club in Spain would be intrested in him if Samper actually was overrated...

What interest?there was no real offer so far .most of it was rumors .and clubs would be interested because it is basically a free player .Sevilla was interested in Deulofeu and they didn't need him . loaned players are bargain for every team
Samper hasn't been as good as people making him .He is the kid that everyone want him to succeed but he has ton of holes in his game and had very bad season last year.a decent game against mediocre side like Apoel doesn't change that
Right now an awful player like Gumbau has been getting more coach trust with Barca B and now in the preseason with Lucho . It is time for fans to reconsider their evaluation for the kid tbh

Darko

He could get playing time in the cup, leftover CL group games, against La Liga cannon fodders and get sub appearances. It's not like we have 6 defensive midfielders, we have 1 (2 if you count Masche who doesn't really fit the DM distributor position).
How could it hurt him, he already proved against APOEL that he's confident in his own abilities and doesn't shy away from a challenge, he's not the type to have a bad game with the first team and be depressed, start doubting himself, thus regressing and making first team appearances "hurt" him.
What the hell is he going to learn while playing with and against inferior players in Barca B?

BibB

I suspect the reason Samper not being promoted isn't due to a lack of talent but more because of our new tactics. We don't really play with a holding midfielder nowadays. If you watch Busquets he switches between a kind of half-back and a more advanced ball winner during the the games and rarely sits in front of the defence as deep as he used to.

BBZ8800

I suspect the reason Samper not being promoted isn't due to a lack of talent but more because of our new tactics. We don't really play with a holding midfielder nowadays. If you watch Busquets he switches between a kind of half-back and a more advanced ball winner during the the games and rarely sits in front of the defence as deep as he used to.

Whenever Mascherano plays as a CDM, he plays almost as a 3rd defender, like against Roma, when in some moments you aren't sure whether we play 433 with a Cdm, 523 with only 2 Cms or 343 with 3 CBs.

So, imo, it is not tactics...

Last edited:

anguy

Well in that case he should be converted to CM. Our CM play a lot like DM anyway, no? :) So we make CBs of our DMs, DMs of our CMs, CM of Messi, we seem to be become more and more defensive. Is Barca the new Chelsea now? :lol:

Last edited:

God Serena

Well in that case he should be converted to CM. Our CM play a lot like DM anyway, no? :) So we make CBs of our DMs, DMs of our CMs, CM of Messi, we seem to be become more and more defensive. Is Barca the new Chelsea now? :lol:

But if we make our CMs into DMS and our DMs into CBs, wouldn't that mean that Messi eventually plays as a CB too?

I can imagine it now. Lionel Messi, greatest CB of all time.

Home of Barca Fans