Sergi Samper

JamDav1982

Munir is in the same boat as Sandro. Only promoted because there were limited options. Rafinha was never good on the wings, but let's add him as #4 because he is indeed an option. Deulofeu got kicked out of the squad by Lucho in pre-season one season ago, there was no way he was coming back. Halilovic had an automatic promotion clause so that still doesn't make sense in the point that Khaled was trying to make.

So, once again, Messi, Neymar, Suarez & Rafinha as attacking options was never going to happen. So there's no need to try and act that Samper is in the B team while Sandro is in the first team because the latter deserved it more.

I prefer to Samper to Sandro/Munir but they were promoted as Lucho rates them higher than likes of Halilovic/Duelofeu/Adama at this moment.

There were plenty of alternative options for Lucho to promoting Sandro but he rates him for some reason.

JamDav1982

That's what makes me wary of his choice of gumbau over samper.

I dont think Gumbau is that bad as some make out.

Samper is the better player on ball but but seems brushed off ball a bit easily.

Accept I am in vast minority but thought Gumbau was better than Samper last night and played well at DM something I dont think Samper can really do.

F

Flavia

I dont think Gumbau is that bad as some make out.

Samper is the better player on ball but but seems brushed off ball a bit easily.

Accept I am in vast minority but thought Gumbau was better than Samper last night and played well at DM something I dont think Samper can really do.

The problem is not if gumbau is "that" bad, but that samper is better. And Samper has played dm well against apoel, not villanovense, last season. Gumbau has no future at Barça. Samper might have, and that's should be taken into consideration.

JamDav1982

The problem is not if gumbau is "that" bad, but that samper is better. And Samper has played dm well against apoel, not villanovense, last season. Gumbau has no future at Barça. Samper might have, and that's should be taken into consideration.

Dont think they fancy Samper as a DM and are trying to force him in as a CM that takes more a grip of the game.

Samper was not that great last night against Villanovense at CM last night either.

F

Flavia

Dont think they fancy Samper as a DM and are trying to force him in as a CM that takes more a grip of the game.

Samper was not that great last night against Villanovense at CM last night either.

He was better than gumbau, who I don't understand why you rated higher. Most interceptions and chances created, in that potato field. And as a cm, a position he just started playing at.

JamDav1982

He was better than gumbau, who I don't understand why you rated higher. Most interceptions and chances created, in that potato field. And as a cm, a position he just started playing at.

Barca barely created a decent chance all match from what I can remember. Those chances must have been passes before wild shots from distance in most part?

How many times did he lose the ball? How often did he get on it and dictate play? It is fairly easy to pick a couple of stats to make players look good.

F

Flavia

Barca barely created a decent chance all match from what I can remember. Those chances must have been passes before wild shots from distance in most part?

How many times did he lose the ball? How often did he get on it and dictate play? It is fairly easy to pick a couple of stats to make players look good.

How would anyone dictate play in that field? Gumbau didn't do anything of notice, apart from getting a yc. He would just pass sideways all the time, to the cbs. He didn't distribute well or made antecipations or interceptions, as the dm should had.

JamDav1982

How would anyone dictate play in that field? Gumbau didn't do anything of notice, apart from getting a yc. He would just pass sideways all the time, to the cbs. He didn't distribute well or made antecipations or interceptions, as the dm should had.

Gumbau passed the ball forward early a lot of the time and was feeding the ball to Samper consistently.

Just watched individual highlights of Samper and it was nothing special.

Do have a site that has player stats on game?

F

Flavia

Gumbau passed the ball forward early a lot of the time and was feeding the ball to Samper consistently.

Just watched individual highlights of Samper and it was nothing special.

Do have a site that has player stats on game?

If Samper was nothing special, Gumbau was poor, then. Kaptoum was the best of the 3, followed by Samper and then Gumbau.

JamDav1982

If Samper was nothing special, Gumbau was poor, then. Kaptoum was the best of the 3, followed by Samper and then Gumbau.

Dont agree. For me Kaptoum got pushed off ball far too easily and lost it a lot. Showed some good flashes though.

Samper and Gumbau were both better than him and for me Gumbau had better game. With neither being fantastic but better than most in team.

F

Flavia

Dont agree. For me Kaptoum got pushed off ball far too easily and lost it a lot. Showed some good flashes though.

Samper and Gumbau were both better than him and for me Gumbau had better game. With neither being fantastic but better than most in team.

What did gumbau do to be the best of the 3? I don't remember nothing of notice, except for that one shot.

JamDav1982

What did gumbau do to be the best of the 3? I don't remember nothing of notice, except for that one shot.

Kept ball better and passed it quicker. Lost it less.

Hopefully highlights of him come up as he wont have to be anything spectacular to be best of three which I think he was.

F

Flavia

Kept ball better and passed it quicker. Lost it less.

Hopefully highlights of him come up as he wont have to be anything spectacular to be best of three which I think he was.

Yeah, passed it quicker sideways, to the cbs or the mdf in front of him, without any pressure. He didn't do his job as dm well, imo. No antecipations or interceptions of villanovense's plays. That's not what I'd call a good performance from a Barça dm.

JamDav1982

Yeah, passed it quicker sideways, to the cbs or the mdf in front of him, without any pressure. He didn't do his job as dm well, imo. No antecipations or interceptions of villanovense's plays. That's not what I'd call a good performance from a Barça dm.

No he passed it forward quickly a lot.

One of Barcas best chances last night came from quick Gumbau to Samper pass then on to Sandro I think.

All opinions and I like Samper.

Where you getting stats that he had no interceptions?

Home of Barca Fans