Sergiño Dest

Birdy

@Jammy
If Spurs is not a good metric of a top club (debatable), Bayern def is THE METRIC, along with Liverpool and City.

I am not gonna sink in your silly mental gymnastics to twist my argument.
I expressed it as clearly as possible, and is not equivalent to what you want it to be.

Sorry.

Not gonna reply again.
The ones who want, have already understood it

JamDav1982

Birdys logic... clubs like Bayern, Spurs, United wanting to sign Dest would be EVIDENCE of how he has performed in the last year and a half and he is proven correct and 'haters' wrong.

Issue with that logic is that it totally ignores how Barca would have dealt with the EVIDENCE of Dest in past year or so which the 'haters' could point to as showing they are correct.

Interesting Birdy used to predict club would not be wanting rid of Dest based on his performances but if that looks like failing what Barca want is excluded and just focuses on fact clubs may want him.

If Barca want to keep Dest then Birdy will use their opinion based on evidence as determining factor... if they dont he ignores it and flips to what buying clubs think of Dest and what Barca think doesnt matter.

Usual stuff and makes zero sense.

His logic states Barca are wrong on Lenglet if Spurs sign him.

Brilliant.

Last edited:

Birdy

Makes sense for the one who want to make sense, and it's not what you wrote

Could not care less if it doesn't for you.

You can go about your usual business now

JamDav1982

Haha Birdy.

Your theories are ridiculously bad and make no sense.

Went from Barcas opinion of Dest mattering to now you exclude it and all about great clubs like Spurs wanting a player meaning they are proving 'haters' and Barca wrong.

The Lenglet example such and easy one to highlight the stupidity of that argument.

Your logic states Spurs wanting Lenglet is evidence of how good he has been at Barca.

Keep replying and can keep destroying that logic with the Lenglet fallacy as simple example of hole in that claim.

Enjoyable.

Messi983

Emerson looked like a mixed bag for Spurs, just like Dest.
Honestly I think Dest is treated unfairly, potential is still there and while there are areas that needs to be improved, for me he showed enough to have that RB for himself till the end of the year.
Getting mad at him in half time against Bayern after playing RW, signing Alves just after Xavi arrival, all seems like indications that Xavi made the decision way too early.

I don't think Dest is that bad either especially considering our options at RB - Araujo (he's doing the best he can there but it's clear he's uncomfortable and should play as CB), Mingueza (having a poor season so far), Roberto (out for months) and Alves (we'll see how he'll do but shouldn't really stay beyond this season imo) - but if I had to choose between Dest and Emerson I'd keep the Brazilian. Now I don't believe that rumoured 45m offer for Dest was true (if it was we're stupid not to took it though) but if we've received a similar offer than what we've sold Emerson for again I'd prefer to sell Dest. I just don't see a big potential in him (it's telling that he had performed better as a LB than RB - granted a limited sample size) and he looks to consistently have injury/fitness problems which are also not helping him.

My point about Laporta having no plan is deeper though. We've only kept Koeman because we couldn't sack him but still end up paying him the rest of his contract so from a financial standpoint didn't profit anything keeping him for 3 more months. But from a sporting POV getting Xavi in in the summer could make difference. Now I don't think we would challenge for the title but think we would be closer to RM, relatively safe in top 4 and probably go through in the CL. But more important we'd make some different decisions on the transfer market. We surely wouldn't bring LDJ. Don't know who Xavi would want that would be available with limited finances but clearly couldn't be worse (I know in general this is a dangerous thing to say but in this case I'm certain we've signed the worst possible so called target man we could). And maybe he'd also like Emerson and prefer to keep him over Dest. Keeping Koeman who Laporta never believed in and let him choose players he wanted only to sack him two months later just doesn't look like a good plan to me.

Another (important) thing to consider: the jury is still out if changes Xavi made in preparation and medical team will lead to less injuries and we probably won't have a clear view on that until next season when Xavi will have a chance to have a full preseason (when teams are working on fitness) but it will already be a good sign they're doing something different/better if Ansu and Pedri won't have any setbacks for the rest of the season when they'll return and if they can keep Dembele fit as well. If we can keep current squad healthy for second part of the season it would already be a a big win imo. Even without reinforcements I think they are more than good enough to comfortable finish top 4 which is really the only real goal I have results wise this season.

BarcaOG

Banned
Bayern still interested in him per reports and rumors.
Like they were in 2020 when we beat them to his signature (solely because he wanted to play for Barca)
Like they were in 2021 summer, some months ago, but Koeman said NO

Now, pick your take:
1) Bayern's scouting is exceptional (Davies, Musiala, Coman before them, and others)
they have carefully monitored him over the last years, know his ceiling is sky high, know that the RB market does not present much better prospects, and wanna invest for the next 10 years, and not into stop-gap solutions heading soon into retirement

2) BF 'experts' are right, Dest is trash, needs to be sold ASAP, and Bayern have no clue.
Meanwhile, our boy Dani will cover our RB needs, as long as he is able to stand and kick the ball without dropping dead
(Besides, he was our best RB ever: we should mummify him)

im with u on this one

delancey

It's from AS. I would think we want Mazraoui in January while loaning them Dest for the next 6 months.
I reckon we could get at least 20m+ for Dest. Mazraoui?s contract expires in 6 months, so if we want him, he?d be free. Not familiar with the player, but I imagine him being free is a big reason for being linked with him?

ajnotkeith

Ferran Torres can't be registered without releasing some salary mass and Cou, Umtiti and friends probably won't leave, Dest seems like the only player who will get a decent fee that could leave, given he's not in Xavi's plan.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bayern want him. Despite our hate towards him in this forum he has shown some good things and is still only 21 and could develop into a top RB with the right coach. But we'll have to see how he does if and when he gets there and that will decide whether he's a flop or not, not if Bayern simply want him.

Home of Barca Fans