Sergio Agüero

soul24rage

Never stated Braithwaite had chemistry. Just said that he's a better fit than Aguero is. Aguero and Messi are too similar. At least with Braithwaite would offer us something different..... and I think Braithwaite isn't great.

For me, the 'fit' part matters more when starters are playing. Braithwaite is not a starter, but a bench player.

If we're chasing a goal and you have Braithwaite and Aguero on the bench, I would feel more confident that Aguero is going to nick us a goal than Braithwaite.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Barca have signed a great player, but one who has frequent injuries and needs to come back slowly from injury. Remember that when he misses games next season.

A finished aguero - yeah what a great player :crbust:

Seriously, atleast he is better than braithwhite. Never saw a striker who creates so little danger like Braithwhite.

xxxxxx

For me, the 'fit' part matters more when starters are playing. Braithwaite is not a starter, but a bench player.

If we're chasing a goal and you have Braithwaite and Aguero on the bench, I would feel more confident that Aguero is going to nick us a goal than Braithwaite.

Obviously, but it depends on how much Aguero will play. Not to mention, Aguero's overall game has decreased heavily. I'm sure he'll nick a goal or 2, but I think he'll struggle heavily next season.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I reserve my judgement about him until we actually see him play 2-5 games for us. If he has any legs left, he will be a welcome addition and by far the second best finisher in the team. He is a pure predator inside the box. Can see him getting at least 15 goals if all goes well.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I reserve my judgement about him until we actually see him play 2-5 games for us. If he has any legs left, he will be a welcome addition and by far the second best finisher in the team. He is a pure predator inside the box. Can see him getting at least 15 goals is all goes well.

I think he will become our pjanic 2.0

BarcaOG

Banned
People have way too high expectations. We have NO MONEY and this is pretty much the best signing we can make with our financial situation. Like it or not, this is the best we can do right now.

We should be happy to improve from Braithwaite to Aguero. That's a massive upgrade.

Thing is: our sporting project should be much more ambitious than improving on Braithwaite with an old and immobile Aguero--even if he's better. That's a reactionary move that doesn't address more fundamental issues and it certainly won't make us CL challengers. I would rather save on the wages and continue developing young players.

soul24rage

Obviously, but it depends on how much Aguero will play. Not to mention, Aguero's overall game has decreased heavily. I'm sure he'll nick a goal or 2, but I think he'll struggle heavily next season.

Let's see how next season develops. I hope for the club's sake that Aguero is a success.

FinBarcelonafan

Thing is: our sporting project should be much more ambitious than improving on Braithwaite with an old and immobile Aguero--even if he's better. That's a reactionary move that doesn't address more fundamental issues and it certainly won't make us CL challengers. I would rather save on the wages and continue developing young players.

I agree on that but if Messi stays we can't go total re-build right now and we don't have money for anything better. It's what it is.

The key is to become healthy financially again. That's our main goal.

xxxxxx

That's what I would rather see. Save on the potential 10m a year in wages, his signing-on fee and try a La Masia player and hope they have similar success like Fati.

Yes, Aguero could stay injury-free and have a good season, but I'm not banking on it. I've watched him enough in the past 18 months to know his overall game has declined so much.

Laporta was talking about using the youth more, but he's resorted to bringing in a 33-year-old.... even if it's a slight ungrade over Braithwaite, depending if he's fit or not. Doesn't make much sense to me.

FC B

Well at least he seems even now when he is a wahsed up player better than Braitwhaite, Cardiomann or whoever played as a 9 for Barca this season. Better than nothing on a free transfer. What I fear most is he'll be injured ahead of many important/crucial games next season which is pretty shit to think of.

mc_lovin

Pick three out of Aguero, Depay, Messi and Fati (plus maybe Dembele) at random and its a better front line than everything we have fielded this season (even with Fati). So thats a start.

Mateka

Aguero and Garcia not the only ones. Possible Bernard from City going back to Barca. He is 19.
He played for La Masia between 2014 and 2018 before joining Man City, making 5 first-team appearances in the EFL Cup.
He was on the bench in the Champions League and Premier League, and out of contract at the end of June. Available on a free transfer.

Andresito

Staff member
Aguero and Garcia not the only ones. Possible Bernard from City going back to Barca. He is 19.
He played for La Masia between 2014 and 2018 before joining Man City, making 5 first-team appearances in the EFL Cup.
He was on the bench in the Champions League and Premier League, and out of contract at the end of June. Available on a free transfer.

His name is Adria Bernabe dawg.

Home of Barca Fans