Sergio Busquets

mc_lovin

Be careful what you wish for… without Busquets we have literally nothing at DM.

Amrabat is pretty shit if you ask me and 25m feels like a stretch right now… and will be at the expense of other transfers.

Porque

Amrabat is pretty shit if you ask me and 25m feels like a stretch right now… and will be at the expense of other transfers.

Pulled the levers and went into this season with Busi and Roberto inshallah at RB and DMC.

Serves the club right. Luckily they pulled a rabbit for RB that Kounde ended up decent there.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Pulled the levers and went into this season with Busi and Roberto inshallah at RB and DMC.

Serves the club right. Luckily they pulled a rabbit for RB that Kounde ended up decent there.
All part of the plan la. Maestro Xavi had it all figured out in his 5d chess game

JamDav1982

Kounde at 60m is not even a better RB than Mazroui for free.. but ended up with him as Xavi preferred Azpi who then turned club down.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

We'll most likely still have nothing at DM in five years because the club's incapable of signing a good one. Doesn't mean Busquets should stay here until he's 40.

It's a good time for him and the club to part ways. Now as for Amrabat then I'm not convinced he's a great option either, but like I said.....the club not signing a proper replacement is on them. Doesn't mean Busquets should stay.

JamDav1982

As for this idea struggle without Busi..

Busi in league this season.. doesnt start..

Home to Elche - Won 3-0
Home to Espanyol - Winning 1-0 until he came on.
Home to Sevilla - Won 3-0
Home to Villareal - Won 3-0
Away to Villareal - Won 1-0
Home to Cadiz - Won 2-0
Away to Elche - Won 4-0

Win 7 in a row with him missing and league is more or less won when lose 2-1 away to Rayo with FDJ and Pedri clearly not 100% and some meltdown as if cant do without him.

In europe he was awful. Off pace, out of position and struggling to keep up.

Exactly how he looked at WC also.

DonAK

Biggest issue is that people want a like-for-like replacement that's top quality too.

That's not going to happen. Which is why some guys are so hell bent on having Busquets still play on for more years.

The club need to adapt to playing differently with a different kind of DM, just like in the past pre-Busquets.

Our quality of football have hardly been top quality last 3-4 years anyway so it's not like we're sacrificing something immense by adapting a bit.

mc_lovin

We'll most likely still have nothing at DM in five years because the club's incapable of signing a good one. Doesn't mean Busquets should stay here until he's 40.

It's a good time for him and the club to part ways. Now as for Amrabat then I'm not convinced he's a great option either, but like I said.....the club not signing a proper replacement is on them. Doesn't mean Busquets should stay.

Busi for another year+a young talented DM would have been great. Now it just became a potential sinkhole. Maybe we get lucky, maybe not. The League would have been much safer with him.

People don't want to hear it, but he played a fine season.

JamDav1982

It is ridiculour planning not to have got in a DM last summer when pullled the levers if Xavi now having to settle for a cheaper option.

200m+ on a CB at RB, a back up winger and 34 year old striker on huge cost to books... and still did not address DM area.

JamDav1982

Busi for another year+a young talented DM would have been great. Now it just became a potential sinkhole. Maybe we get lucky, maybe not. The League would have been much safer with him.

In the league Barca were fine without him and he was leggy in Europe.

Replacing Busquets is not 'luck' if it works out.

Whether the club would be better with him in the squad is not the point anway as with him he will play and the same issues that have with him every year will be there and worse.

Club needs to move on from him and him deciding to leave and force it to happen is not a bad thing.

DonAK

Young and talented players don't necessarily want to sign for a club knowing they'll sit on the bench for at least 50% of the games while Busquets plays.

We can sign a young and talented DM this summer and be just fine.

There are some interesting names out there, but we likely cannot invest or if we do sign a wrong player anyway lol.

Home of Barca Fans