Sergio Busquets

footyfan

Calma, calma
It doesn't have to be one or the other. Barca has played with 2 defensive players in midfield lots of times. Busquets, Keita, Xavi trio has been played atleast 2 or 3 times in Clasicos no less. Song and Busi can play together too.

F

Flavia

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Barca has played with 2 defensive players in midfield lots of times. Busquets, Keita, Xavi trio has been played atleast 2 or 3 times in Clasicos no less. Song and Busi can play together too.
That's not accurate, because Keita was not a dm, and when played alongside Busquets, he wasn't played as a second dm, but as a cm. Song can do the same.

F

Flavia

Sergio Busquets: "This has only just begun"

09/16/2012 13:30

Busquets is delighted with the team’s impeccable start to the season and the eight-point lead over Real Madrid. But speaking at Sunday morning’s press conference he insisted, “There’s a long way to go”

For Sergio Busquets, the fact that FC Barcelona has already won in Pamplona and Getafe, two of the games the team lost last season, is a good sign. However, he stressed today that, “Every league is different and there’s a long way to go”. As for the eight-point lead over Real Madrid, he insisted that it lessen the pressure on the players. “We play each match with the idea of winning without looking at what the rest are doing”.

Squad focussed

Busquets, who declined to comment on Mourinho’s remarks after Real Madrid lost to Sevilla, explained that the Barça squad are fully focussed on the job in hand. “We’re looking to ourselves. There’s a long way to go in the league. We go out to win every match and that’s all. I’m not in Mourinho’s shoe. The gap is surprising, but this has only just begun. Now we’re focussed on having a good match in the Champions League”.

Sergio Busquets has just celebrated his fourth anniversary as a Barça first team player: “Everything’s gone by so quickly and the truth is I never imagined I’d win so many titles. I’m very happy. My role has been important, I’ve played a lot, and I would never have imagined it. I hope I’ll have many more years with Barça and win many more titles”,

Finally, Busquets explained that Tito Vilanova is asking him to do "more or less the same" as the previous manager, Josep Guardiola: "It always depends, above all, on the playing system of each opponent”. He also spoke about Thiago: "He’s a very important player and we’ve missed him. It’s obvious that he brings a lot to the team and that’s he’s got power and quality. He’s very young and he’ll be very important”.

Puyol injury blow

Sergio Busquets expressed his disappointment about the injury suffered by Carles Puyol this Saturday against Getafe: “He’ll be missed because he brings the team a lot and because he’s the captain. He’s always optimistic. The tests have confirmed the post-match diagnosis”.

JimmyGuitarist

That's not accurate, because Keita was not a dm, and when played alongside Busquets, he wasn't played as a second dm, but as a cm. Song can do the same.
Exactly, that's why Song's the perfect replacement for Keita. He can do a solid job in all positions in midfield, whether it's a more advanced role or deeper.
There's no chance he'll bench the best DM in the world though.

Theconomist

Khedira the best DM in the world?
Are you high?
Song is as good as Khedira and Song isn't even a great DM.
De Rossi is heads and shoulders above every other DM right now. Busquets is an amazing player and he's progressing each and every year, he'll eventually get there. I believe he will retire having compltely revolutionised the position. He's only been playing at the top for 4 years and already he is up there with the very best. However we must give credit where credit is due. De Rossi is as good as Makelele was.

M

mitkoa7x

2q16mgp.gif

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Khedira the best DM in the world?
Are you high?
Song is as good as Khedira and Song isn't even a great DM.
De Rossi is heads and shoulders above every other DM right now. Busquets is an amazing player and he's progressing each and every year, he'll eventually get there. I believe he will retire having compltely revolutionised the position. He's only been playing at the top for 4 years and already he is up there with the very best. However we must give credit where credit is due. De Rossi is as good as Makelele was.

It's hard comparing players since we play in a very special way, different from any other team. Classic DM's like Makelele would not fit in Barca, just like Busuqts would probably not do as well in other teams on DM. That is one of the reasons why Masch don't play DM in Barca - we play our cb's like dm's, our DM plays in cm/am and sometimes drops down to cb, our forwards play in am/cm. In other words, to play in Barca you need to play well in almost every position on the pitch, even our goalie is more secure with the ball on his feet than half of PL's defenders :lol:
But yes, De Rossi is pure class and would be great in Barca.

Last edited:

Theconomist

It's hard comparing players since we play in a very special way, different from any other team. Classic DM's like Makelele would not fit in Barca, just like Busuqts would probably not do as well in other teams on DM. That is one of the reasons why Masch don't play DM in Barca - we play our cb's like dm's, our DM plays in cm/am and sometimes drops down to cb, our forwards play in am/cm. In other words, to play in Barca you need to play well in almost every position on the pitch, even our goalie is more secure with the ball on his feet than half of PL's defenders :lol:
But yes, De Rossi is pure class and would be great in Barca.

I cringe everytime Valdes gets the ball tho.
Yes mistakes don't happen often but as we've seen recently it only takes 1 loose ball from Valdes' feet.

Home of Barca Fans