Sergio Busquets

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Busquets is the Rafa of DMs, everyone seems to either hate or love him irrationally with few people in between.

Probably because like Rafa he will always impact a game, but not necessarily in a good way.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It's not what is best for Touré? It's what's best for Barça!

:lol::lol:

exactly.

but of course that only applies to zlatan (because bojan has an irrational disliking of the main man).

I thought busquets was good tbh.

he squeezed malaga constantly, alright on a few occasions they managed to bypass him (coz he had chosen to squeeze the wrong person) but that's a tradeoff you take when you have an aggressive DM. he helped move the ball around and participated in our attacking play quite nicely, which is always important when facing an opponent as unengaging as malaga were.

I certainly didn't see anything so catastrophic that would warrant putting yaya (who was a disaster against stuttgart) back into the mix.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I also thought Busquets was doing well. Yeah, he always does something stupid in the game but it was pretty limited today.

The problem is (and maybe that's what I'm missing on our midfield as said in the Zlatanthread) that he is more of a passer like the other ones. Yaya can have that "fuck it, i'm dribbling my way to goal" + he shoots on target.

But that problem is not the problem. It's that Yaya isn't the Yaya from last year.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
exactly.

but of course that only applies to zlatan (because bojan has an irrational disliking of the main man).

That´s me and dozen of other members then. Nah.
Few of you have been irrational really. Hailing Ibra when he was our poorest man by miles and never said anything other than praises for the guy. So go figure.
As opposed to me and 99 percent of other´s who both criticized and praised the man.

iced1776

I certainly didn't see anything so catastrophic that would warrant putting yaya (who was a disaster against stuttgart) back into the mix.

You're acting like Busquets wasn't (almost) as equally disastrous in that game, the only reason the team bounced back after Yaya came out was because Iniesta moved back to his useful position.

Bionicman

Come again? Busquets was one of our poorest players today.
Was it bad defense? His offense looked pretty good (some nice passes, not too many lost balls) but I didn't really focus enough on his defense, so I can't say how well he did there. Then again, maybe I'm forgetting some mistakes with the ball.

Home of Barca Fans