Sergio Busquets

Truthist

yeah right whereas the likes of makelele and other top DM's were faster than walcott

Makelele was a hustler who relished getting stuck in. I really think Busquets is better suited CM rather than DM and now that our aura has been busted he will frequently get exposed as a potential weakness when big teams play us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Truthist

Everyone seems to be a hater as soon as they point out the obvious... Busquets is many things, but he's not quick enough to deal with counterattacks and there's nothing hateful about saying that. I'm not even saying it's only his responsibility, we have other pacy players who should do their part (wink wink), but that doesn't mean Busquets isn't too slow for that.

Well said.

Galning

Everyone seems to be a hater as soon as they point out the obvious... Busquets is many things, but he's not quick enough to deal with counterattacks and there's nothing hateful about saying that. I'm not even saying it's only his responsibility, we have other pacy players who should do their part (wink wink), but that doesn't mean Busquets isn't too slow for that.

The obvious? He said Busquets dives when he's being outpaced what the hell :lol:

F

Flavia

The guy registered just to bash Busquets... it does seem a troll. No posts on any other players threads.

Der Kaiser

Who came up with this nonsense that DMs have to be fast?? Pirlo, Alonso, Schweinsteiger. They are all slow, but I dont see their clubs complaining about it. Typical Barca-fan-attitude of looking for flaws in a player even though they are nonexistent or irrelevant.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Der Kaiser;1081140Pirlo said:
Pirlo, Alonso, Schweinsteiger.
... all play alongside other midfielders and not behind them.

Not saying that DMs have to be fast either. Just an observation.

Meitux

Truthist came up with the pointless argument that Song is better when Busquets fits perfectly for what Barcelona needs him to do. Either he trolls or obviously he doesn't understand how Busquets works for this team..And Pirlo Schweinsteiger are box to box midfielders not clear defensive midfielders.

Beast

The Observer
Positioning and ball recovery are the most thought after skill in a DM , if he is fast it's a plus if he is slow he could be exposed a bit like what happened to Bayern Munich first game when Pep played Bastian alone in a 4-1-4-1 formation... Bayern still won with quality but the opponent managed to create a lot of chances.. so i agree with Bojan here

Der Kaiser

... all play alongside other midfielders and not behind them.

Not saying that DMs have to be fast either. Just an observation.

Schweinsteiger played next to Martinez, Alonso next to Khedira. Both slow. It doesnt matter wether you play single or double pivot, quickness is pretty much irrelevant for a DM as long as his positioning is right and the fullbacks have pace.

Darko

Alves and Alba are to blame as well and in my view both shouldn't be playing together. I would play Montoya ahead of Alves.

Coming back to Busquets he keeps the ball retention flowing but he's simply not up to the task when the opposition are breaking at speed. His best choice after that point is to dive and feign injury to win back possession because he simply cannot keep up with fast attackers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So the opponents have the ball and he dives to win back possesion?
How is that even possible...

Der Kaiser

Truthist came up with the pointless argument that Song is better when Busquets fits perfectly for what Barcelona needs him to do. Either he trolls or obviously he doesn't understand how Busquets works for this team..And Pirlo Schweinsteiger are box to box midfielders not clear defensive midfielders.

Busquets is not a traditional DM either. But they play roughly the same position on the pitch, behind the offensive line.

Truthist

if you actually read my post I said Mascherano should start as a DM ahead of Busquets. Busquets is like a CM playing as the lone DM without the necessary skill set to play in that position.

We used to get away with it when we were near invincible but now that teams have found a successful game plan we are easy meat on the break.

I'm not a troll but I've been following Barca for far too long to succumb to fanboyism. If I see a weakness in the side I'll post my two penneth worth. :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Schweinsteiger played next to Martinez, Alonso next to Khedira. Both slow. It doesnt matter wether you play single or double pivot, quickness is pretty much irrelevant for a DM as long as his positioning is right and the fullbacks have pace.

Khedira, Vidal and Martinez are relatively fast though. Faster than their partners Xabi, Pirlo or Schweini. So it's not a same thing as comparing him to Busquets who plays behind 2 midfielders and both not faster than him.

F

Flavia

if you actually read my post I said Mascherano should start as a DM ahead of Busquets. Busquets is like a CM playing as the lone DM without the necessary skill set to play in that position.

We used to get away with it when we were near invincible but now that teams have found a successful game plan we are easy meat on the break.

I'm not a troll but I've been following Barca for far too long to succumb to fanboyism. If I see a weakness in the side I'll post my two penneth worth. :)
Masch as dm? He was a disaster playing there. And would be again, as a lone dm. The biggest weakness Tito's Barça had was 2 the lack of colective pressing and the 2 attacking fullbacks, leaving the back vulnerable.

Stric

yeah right whereas the likes of makelele and other top DM's were faster than walcott

So what? I never said he SHOULD be fast, I just said he wasn't, and that the truth. All I'm saying is that people quickly get labeled as haters for pointing out an obvious negative aspect of a player with god-status. Busquets is not fast and he's not strong. So what? He's still the best DM we've got and one of the best in the world. Does that make me a hater for still claiming he's great, and acknowledging he has his downsides?

Home of Barca Fans