Sergio Busquets

Truthist

Busquets is one of the main reasons why we were getting picked off on the counter last season. He lacks any sort of athleticism or pace to deal with fast attackers.

psychotsek

He could have change direction when Abi passed and not pass back but the second one is pure genious.
Although this video highlights how good was Abi more than anything...

mixer

He could have change direction when Abi passed and not pass back but the second one is pure genious.
Although this video highlights how good was Abi more than anything...
You don't question Busi's decision, you can only praise him for his pure genius.

Agri

Busquets is one of the main reasons why we were getting picked off on the counter last season. He lacks any sort of athleticism or pace to deal with fast attackers.

aGpYR0gy.jpeg

DennyCrane

He didn't have the perfect balance between defensive and offensive duties last season. But that does not, in absolutely no way, shatter what he does for Barca. He is the most important player on the field, yet most people fail to notice what he does. He's the link between defense and midfield, gets past the opponents first line with cutting passes and he allows Xavi and the Don to build up higher up the pitch where they are dangerous.
I suggest that the next time you watch a Barca match, don't watch the ball but watch Busquets. Or even better yet, rewatch the matches vs Bayern (if you can suffer through that) and see what happens when he's taken out of the game.

Edit: Actually, I think it's time for some Bossquets vids.

Last edited:

Truthist

It's quite true and everyone who's not biased can see it. Most of his fans who praise him rave about his one touch passing but for the life of me, what the hell is all that about? He's in the side to act as a shield and defend which clearly he's not very good at.

Personally, I'd play Mascherano in that position who might not be able to retain possession as well but would infinitely make us a more solid team and prevent us from being easy meat on counters somewhat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Neal Faradinho

It's quite true and everyone who's not biased can see it. Most of his fans who praise him rave about his one touch passing but for the life of me, what the hell is all that about? He's in the side to act as a shield and defend which clearly he's not very good at.

Personally, I'd play Mascherano in that position who might not be able to retain possession as well but would infinitely make us a more solid team and prevent us from being easy meat on counters somewhat.

We would probably lose 5-0 against every big team without Busquets, he is the best reader of the game, and he reads the counter attack before it has even started.

We have tried Masch as a cdm before and the result was very bad.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Are u new here? People here just worship Bossquets. No way Mascherano>Busquets. His tackling and marking isn't that bad as you think, Busi just lacks pace, but compensates it with his positioning.... Sergi reads the game, Masch can't.

mixer

We are struggling to boss the midfield without Busquets... He brings the peace and he provides the tempo of the game.

Why would you displace the best player in the world on that position for Mascherano?!

P

PhilS

Busquets has to share responsibility with the rest of the team and the coach for permitting all those counters. Otherwise, he is the best.

Truthist

Are u new here? People here just worship Bossquets. No way Mascherano>Busquets. His tackling and marking isn't that bad as you think, Busi just lacks pace, but compensates it with his positioning.... Sergi reads the game, Masch can't.

Yes new here so forgive the lack of introduction and

barca7788

Nepali Cule
:facepalm: cant believe there are some fans who dont value him in arguably the best team in the history.
Dont you guys know there is a saying "You don`t know football if you can`t understand what Sergio Busquets` doing":party1::party1: whoever said that

Home of Barca Fans