Sergio Busquets

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Next in line would be the two besties, Iniesta and Valdes.

Messi
Busquets Xavi
Iniesta Valdes

Let's be honest, there's not a lot separating Messi from Iniesta and Valdes, all of them are really important and it's really close in between them too. This is just my opinion on who we can replace and still win.

You think Valdes is of the same importance as Iniesta? :rofl1:

footyfan

Calma, calma
You think Valdes is of the same importance as Iniesta? :rofl1:

Erm...yeah

Best =/= most important

We practically won 2009/10 La Liga without Iniesta and have won every single Clasico in which he hasn't played including the most important Clasico since Pep, the 2-0 win at Bernabeu.

I think a midfield of Xavi-Busquets-Cesc, although quite not as sexy as Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta, would still be a much better alternative to "insert player here"-Busquets-Iniesta or Xavi-"insert player here"-Iniesta.

Valdes is one of the most important players to Barca's style, him punting the ball upfield this past season has been a huge problem

Last edited:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Erm...yeah

Best =/= most important

We practically won 2009/10 La Liga without Iniesta and have won every single Clasico in which he hasn't played including the most important Clasico since Pep, the 2-0 win at Bernabeu.

I think a midfield of Xavi-Busquets-Cesc, although quite not as sexy as Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta, would still be a much better alternative to "insert player here"-Busquets-Iniesta or Xavi-"insert player here"-Iniesta.

Valdes is one of the most important players to Barca's style, him punting the ball upfield this past season has been a huge problem

Without Iniesta we wouldn't have won any of our last 3 champions leagues, you do realize that? Although in general I don't need to give reasons why 'The Don' is such an important player for us, if you can't see it then shame on you. You're the type of guy who sees statistics and not real football, Iniesta is the best midfielder in the world and our second most valuable player behind Messi.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Without Iniesta we wouldn't have won any of our last 3 champions leagues, you do realize that? Although in general I don't need to give reasons why 'The Don' is such an important player for us, if you can't see it then shame on you. You're the type of guy who sees statistics and not real football, Iniesta is the best midfielder in the world and our second most valuable player behind Messi.

true dat, but I agree with him about valdes, barca fans underrate him too much

ShandyFFM

What do you guys think about luiz Gustavo as cb solution? Good idear or will he be only the next dmf who wont make it as cb? Hes tall, great technique and i did read his passing was second best in europe behind Xavi with 95% and his can shot from distance.

mixer

What do you guys think about luiz Gustavo as cb solution? Good idear or will he be only the next dmf who wont make it as cb? Hes tall, great technique and i did read his passing was second best in europe behind Xavi with 95% and his can shot from distance.
Gustavo as a cb would be a disaster... Following your logic every player who's tall and great technically can be a cb?!

Meitux

Not really for a CB, undoubtedly a very good player but he hasn't experience as CB. We've had enough with those DM-CB mixes...

Truthist

I would love to see a midfield of Mascherano Fabregas and Iniesta and the tough away games Song replacing one of Iniesta or Fabregas.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DennyCrane

I would love to see a midfield of Mascherano Fabregas and Iniesta and the tough away games Song replacing one of Iniesta or Fabregas.

So we basically bench Bossquets ?

Sent from the past using Morse telegraph

Meitux

Yes please.

tumblr_mqb153CdZb1qd5yffo6_250.gif

Home of Barca Fans