Sergio Busquets

Next in line would be the two besties, Iniesta and Valdes.

Messi
Busquets Xavi
Iniesta Valdes

Let's be honest, there's not a lot separating Messi from Iniesta and Valdes, all of them are really important and it's really close in between them too. This is just my opinion on who we can replace and still win.

Valdes as important as Iniesta? :rofl1:

DennyCrane

Yes please.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Who's going to be the backup then ? Because as we all know, Busi can't tackle and feigns injuries probably even on the bench. My idea is that Mark van Bommel should be brought out of retirement and give his long awaited comeback for the blaugrana.

In other words, you're not serious, are you ?

Sent from my Nerf N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire using Tactical Rail

Truthist

Next in line would be the two besties, Iniesta and Valdes.

Messi
Busquets Xavi
Iniesta Valdes

Let's be honest, there's not a lot separating Messi from Iniesta and Valdes, all of them are really important and it's really close in between them too. This is just my opinion on who we can replace and still win.

Are you serious :D

Meitux

So why then Masch and Song are supposed to play as CB ?
Whats your point? How many games Song played as CB for us and because he was bad never used again. I think its not hard to understand that Mascherano plays as CB because of Puyol's absence...that doesn't mean hes good there.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Masch is actually very good there. The only problems are his height and occasional reckless positioning because of his aggressive nature.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yeah, Mascherano is a better CB than DM for us.

He generally does well but he's made some high-profile mistakes.

ShandyFFM

Whats your point? How many games Song played as CB for us and because he was bad never used again. I think its not hard to understand that Mascherano plays as CB because of Puyol's absence...that doesn't mean hes good there.

Mixer said "Following your logic every player who's tall and great technically can be a cb?!" And i asked myself back in the days Barca signed Masch as DMF not as CB and the on the other side they signed Song and wanted to use him right away as CB but this didnt worked out at all

Meitux

Masch is actually very good there. The only problems are his height and occasional reckless positioning because of his aggressive nature.
Positioning is actually one of the most important aspects for defenders, you can't say its something little. Its not actually cause of his aggresive nature, its about the fact that he will always think and act like a midfielder. He will never be a clear CB to improve it, im sure in the back of his mind he always wants to be used as a defensive midfielder.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think I really need to emphasise the following point because you're all just looking at the list/ranking and ignoring my full post.

Elite-BkD

I think I really need to emphasise the following point because you're all just looking at the list/ranking and ignoring my full post.

If you're talking right now, no way is Valdez (or even Busi for that matter) on par with Iniesta. If you mean over recent years then the whole list is madness due to lack of Puyol.

Truthist

Who's going to be the backup then ? Because as we all know, Busi can't tackle and feigns injuries probably even on the bench. My idea is that Mark van Bommel should be brought out of retirement and give his long awaited comeback for the blaugrana.

In other words, you're not serious, are you ?

Sent from my Nerf N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire using Tactical Rail

Busi should be back up of course but as a CM and not DM. His strengths are best suited for CM but we have far better options there.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I would love to see a midfield of Mascherano Fabregas and Iniesta and the tough away games Song replacing one of Iniesta or Fabregas.

:lol: obvious troll, can't believe people respond to him, first he wants Busquets out for masch and then Iniesta out for Song in tough away games

Home of Barca Fans