Sergio Busquets

Alarcón

Awful performance... He is shit this season. Too slow, adds nothing on set pieces, only useless when we got the ball for tiki taka. We need a player like Vidal.

You again... I don't know whether you suffer from long-term memory loss but it seems like the only logical explanation for your delusional posts... Busquets and Piqué were both poor today, but they've been among our best performers this season, especially Busi.

barcanuck

Shows how important he is for our team. Plays poorly and the entire defence, that has been solid in almost every game this season, look like a bunch of potatoes. Like Meitux said, I can't remember a poorer game from him in a Barça shirt.

Against City Tata should really look at playing Masch and Busi in midfield and Barta and Pique at the back at the expense of Xavi in mid.

DinhoR10

Masch-Busi double pivot would be nice if Busi is on top form he would cover up 95% of the danger going through midfield Masch who take care of anything else and he's an excelent distributer.

raskolnikov

Shows how important Busquets is, if he plays terrible we suffer instantly. our second most important player after Messi, cant have him slip up.

B

beautifulgame

you guys are missing the point. rask just said, it shows how important is if he doesn't have a good game then we suffer immensely.. you know the point of this? he has to pick up the slack of defending for the rest of the midfield too much. as far as i'm concerned he isn't to blame even though he did make mistakes. the rest of the team needs to work harder in marking and closing down. with that said, busi shoudl be reprimanded for jogging back like everyone else today.

raskolnikov

What I don't get is how he somehow turned into the embodiment of a disgracefull diver only due to that Inter game.
Seriously, mention Busi to neutral fans and they will instantly start hating, "that diver!, hope they break his legs!"
Yet when you mention Alonso for example, " quality player, has a beard so he is honest and smart"...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Is it just me or are teams actually targeting and pressurizing Busquests almost as much as Messi in the games we are struggling in. It seems as though a few managers have finally figured out the Busi is the linchpin of Barca as a whole take him out and the whole system falls apart I don't remember Busi have any breathing space like he used to have a marker or two were always breathing down his neck like Messi whenever he got the ball and since Busi isn't used to this they forced mistakes from him

footyfan

Calma, calma
Is it just me or are teams actually targeting and pressurizing Busquests almost as much as Messi in the games we are struggling in. It seems as though a few managers have finally figured out the Busi is the linchpin of Barca as a whole take him out and the whole system falls apart I don't remember Busi have any breathing space like he used to have a marker or two were always breathing down his neck like Messi whenever he got the ball and since Busi isn't used to this they forced mistakes from him

Not just you. I also think that teams (who did well against us) have figured out that Busquets is the main man in midfield and are pressing him with 2-3 players at a time when possible.

Irish_Cules

Even if teams are targeting Busquets, it doesn't explain his loss in form. An on form Busquets can deal with any amount of pressure put on him in midfield. His turns and drag backs havent been working for him lately, his passing has been sloppy and his defensive work hasn't been up to scratch. The huge problem that this provides for our defence is not only that he isn't covering our other midfielders defensively but that he is also the one giving the ball away which leaves opposition midfielders with a free run at our dodgy back four.

fcbdna

Banned
What the "F" is happening with Busi's form? His performances have been abysmal of late. Emphasis on abysmal.

Home of Barca Fans