Sergio Busquets

Pepe Silvia

On paper that all sounds great and all but are we supposed to just magically understand how to play a completely different style of football overnight for one opponent? City are good yes, but we can defeat them with our style if everyone is up for it and covers their end. The trick with this tie is not about changing styles or injuries but a matter of properly motivating the players to do their jobs right! I'm thinking Tata is up to the task.

gazza

Is it just me or are teams actually targeting and pressurizing Busquests almost as much as Messi in the games we are struggling in. It seems as though a few managers have finally figured out the Busi is the linchpin of Barca as a whole take him out and the whole system falls apart I don't remember Busi have any breathing space like he used to have a marker or two were always breathing down his neck like Messi whenever he got the ball and since Busi isn't used to this they forced mistakes from him

Plus +

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Even if teams are targeting Busquets, it doesn't explain his loss in form. An on form Busquets can deal with any amount of pressure put on him in midfield. His turns and drag backs havent been working for him lately, his passing has been sloppy and his defensive work hasn't been up to scratch. The huge problem that this provides for our defence is not only that he isn't covering our other midfielders defensively but that he is also the one giving the ball away which leaves opposition midfielders with a free run at our dodgy back four.
I think you didn't see much of Busi playing in previous seasons (don't worry its easy to miss him) he had acres of space to work in but some teams now aren't allowing him that much freedom and so going from moving freely and being constantly pressurized might take some time to adjust hence his poor form in the games we struggled in

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's been piss poor, as few others "untouchables".
Even his fanboys are starting go see the light.

Irish_Cules

I think you didn't see much of Busi playing in previous seasons (don't worry its easy to miss him) he had acres of space to work in but some teams now aren't allowing him that much freedom and so going from moving freely and being constantly pressurized might take some time to adjust hence his poor form in the games we struggled in

I have seen plenty of Busquets over the last few seasons. As I said, Busquets is one of the best footballers in the world when he is put under pressure. When he first broke through he used to drive me crazy because he'd hold onto the ball and try drag backs in his own half and would lose it sometimes. Over the last few years he has become ridiculously good at this and dealing with pressure from players. Being pressurised more doesn't explain his drop in form at all. Sure he is being put under more pressure recently but he has been giving the ball away even when he isn't being pressed, he has been weak in his tackles and his defensive positioning hasn't been as good. If he was just giving away the ball now and again because of serious pressing then I'd say you're right but all aspects of his game are suffering at the moment.

Galning

I have seen plenty of Busquets over the last few seasons. As I said, Busquets is one of the best footballers in the world when he is put under pressure. When he first broke through he used to drive me crazy because he'd hold onto the ball and try drag backs in his own half and would lose it sometimes. Over the last few years he has become ridiculously good at this and dealing with pressure from players. Being pressurised more doesn't explain his drop in form at all. Sure he is being put under more pressure recently but he has been giving the ball away even when he isn't being pressed, he has been weak in his tackles and his defensive positioning hasn't been as good. If he was just giving away the ball now and again because of serious pressing then I'd say you're right but all aspects of his game are suffering at the moment.

Guy's been playing non stop since 2009 as well. How many games did Song start ahead of him? Right.

CatalinR10

iwgaTt9JblK9b.gif

Home of Barca Fans