Sergio Busquets

jamrock

to promote samper to be a back up to busquets is absurd, and this si coming from the orginal masia love fanboy.

he is no where close to being ready, if he doesn't bulk up or add some pace to his game he will never be ready, unless we have a water carrier next to him, the way teams do for pirlo.

he has everything technically, but lacks everything phsyically except hieght.

he needs to be loan out for a good season or two under luis

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

to promote samper to be a back up to busquets is absurd, and this si coming from the orginal masia love fanboy.

he is no where close to being ready, if he doesn't bulk up or add some pace to his game he will never be ready, unless we have a water carrier next to him, the way teams do for pirlo.

he has everything technically, but lacks everything phsyically except hieght.

he needs to be loan out for a good season or two under luis

Xavi actually is pretty slow.
& busquets, iniesta and messi very in particular far too weak when they started. They look better now.

The whole argument about speed and physical attribute is not relevant to barcelona game.

G

Gascav

Every big player was an unproven youngster on the bench at some point. Saying the club was less demanding in 08/09 than it is now is complete bullocks as well. People were calling for Pep's head after 3 games.

If so were for pep, how will it be for martino, his team won 4-0 and he was crucified all week about 2% less possession than opponent

Originally Posted by Galning
Every big player was an unproven youngster on the bench at some point. Saying the club was less demanding in 08/09 than it is now is complete bullocks as well. People were calling for Pep's head after 3 games.

Just look at those and you will see that most started for smaller clubs and went to bigger clubs after having matured their game. Xavi iniesta and messi are a special generation of players, not every la masia graduate is the next messi, that is why players are loaned to gain speed, muscle and experience

Last edited:
G

Gascav

& busquets, iniesta and messi very in particular far too weak when they started. They look better now.

The whole argument about speed and physical attribute is not relevant to barcelona game.

It used not to be! Now everybody harries our players around with physicality because it has been found out that barca has weak players. Look at the most 7 nil player comments and they said bayern beat us via physicality. Some of you guys here are unbelievable, samper as back up DM, to bench busquets?
Seriously?

jamrock

very is "slow" but samper is a snail and immobile on top of it.

as i said he is pirlo reincarnated, he can't play as a sole DM for barca. too slow,too immobile,to weak. he like pirlo will need a water carrier.

and i'm the last person to talk about physical attributes, but in the case of samper, he needs one. especially the mobility pit, if he is slow he needs to be all over the pitch like xavi in his prime

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
It used not to be! Now everybody harries our players around with physicality because it has been found out that barca has weak players. Look at the most 7 nil player comments and they said bayern beat us via physicality. Some of you guys here are unbelievable, samper as back up DM, to bench busquets?
Seriously?

I tend to ignore stuff like this especially after a loss everybody loses their mind I suggest you do the same

L

linetty

If we end up selling Song and not buying any DM, we should promote Samper and rotate him with Busquets.

abual3bed1

No one said anything about Samper benching Busquets. Busquets feels comfortable not having a serious competitor for his position in the XI. Song can't push him or worry him at all. Samper has the quality to keep Busquets on his toes, that's it.

jamrock

its just that the system is shit, that busquets looks poor nothing more nothing less, as is the case for most of our players.

F

Flavia

I'm having a hard time trying to remember who played dm in 2010-11, when Busi didn't. Masch just played a few games... was it keita?

G

Gascav

No one said anything about Samper benching Busquets. Busquets feels comfortable not having a serious competitor for his position in the XI. Song can't push him or worry him at all. Samper has the quality to keep Busquets on his toes, that's it.

If we end up selling Song and not buying any DM, we should promote Samper and rotate him with Busquets.

You have got to be kidding me!

Do you think just because he has potential now he can walk into the barca line up and bench busquets!
Let me tell you something.
Song, as much as you hate him, is an excellent player. Was excellent player for arsenal! Has played under pressure for years, has experience and even though you give him so much slack, he has done well most of the times.

I am amazed that some of you think that playing with pukes like zaragoza in the B team and shinning is enough for him to play for the first team, fight midfield battles against people with speed, experience and physicality and somehow bench busi a world cup winning, euro winning player like busi.

Just because he passes the ball well in barca B that just doesnt mean he is good enough. Samper is not even ready for everton level yet, just look at how deulofeu is struggling to learn so many concepts at everton, he is not even a starter there.

Potential is one thing, but experience, strength, speed, and exposure is what matters!
I am bored by these kneejerk comments.

By the way it would be stupid to sell song without lining up a replacement

G

Gascav

I'm having a hard time trying to remember who played dm in 2010-11, when Busi didn't. Masch just played a few games... was it keita?

Yes! And people here are so busy wanting masch as DM while even guardiola saw that he doesnt have the right profile

abual3bed1

Keita played DM only in his last season at the club. 2010/2011 was between Busquets and Mascherano up until late March when Masch played CB against Shakhtar in Donetsk, then Busquets played almost all the games. Oriol Romeu played the final of games in La Liga.

F

Flavia

Yes! And people here are so busy wanting masch as DM while even guardiola saw that he doesnt have the right profile

I think now Masch can play dm. At least the games song plays. Masch also would probably be a better partner for busi, if a double pivot is to be played again.

Keita played DM only in his last season at the club. 2010/2011 was between Busquets and Mascherano up until late March when Masch played CB against Shakhtar in Donetsk, then Busquets played almost all the games. Oriol Romeu played the final of games in La Liga.
Thanks. I was really not recollecting well. It was Romeu who played a few in the end.

Home of Barca Fans