Sergio Busquets

L

linetty

You have got to be kidding me!

Do you think just because he has potential now he can walk into the barca line up and bench busquets!
Let me tell you something.
Song, as much as you hate him, is an excellent player. Was excellent player for arsenal! Has played under pressure for years, has experience and even though you give him so much slack, he has done well most of the times.

I am amazed that some of you think that playing with pukes like zaragoza in the B team and shinning is enough for him to play for the first team, fight midfield battles against people with speed, experience and physicality and somehow bench busi a world cup winning, euro winning player like busi.

Just because he passes the ball well in barca B that just doesnt mean he is good enough. Samper is not even ready for everton level yet, just look at how deulofeu is struggling to learn so many concepts at everton, he is not even a starter there.

Potential is one thing, but experience, strength, speed, and exposure is what matters!
I am bored by these kneejerk comments.

By the way it would be stupid to sell song without lining up a replacement
And again, no one wants to bench Busquets. He just needs to be shown he ain't the only one who fights for the spot.

Samper is a much better fit for us than Song... He's profile is very similar to Busquets'. Song is a good player but please... He can't keep up the tempo and slows the game down. Despite Samper's young age, I honestly think he'd do better than Song.

+ Samper has played a match in the first team this season and he's been impressive! He's very talented and sooner or later he'll have to be accommodated to the first team football.

And again, WHO CARES IF BUSI WON A WORLD CUP/EUROPEAN CUP? YOU PLAY LIKE SH*T, YOU WARM THE BENCH. Same shite again. Oh, ah, how can you bench him if he has won a World Cup?! Blasphemy!

G

Gascav

And again, no one wants to bench Busquets. He just needs to be shown he ain't the only one who fights for the spot.

Samper is a much better fit for us than Song... He's profile is very similar to Busquets'. Song is a good player but please... He can't keep up the tempo and slows the game down. Despite Samper's young age, I honestly think he'd do better than Song.

+ Samper has played a match in the first team this season and he's been impressive! He's very talented and sooner or later he'll have to be accommodated to the first team football.

And again, WHO CARES IF BUSI WON A WORLD CUP/EUROPEAN CUP? YOU PLAY LIKE SH*T, YOU WARM THE BENCH. Same shite again. Oh, ah, how can you bench him if he has won a World Cup?! Blasphemy!

Yeah he played a friendly vs valerenga who might even deserve to play in third division!
A better fit? Is he ready? He is not ready to bench anyone! He cant even bench song. He needs to pass that under 21 level of football before he can even think about taking the second DM spot!
Please dont reply to my post because again It is not worth arguing with a person who wants a 19 year old B teamer to be our second DM, just because he passes well in second division and does those interceptions against pukes like zaragoza, like do they even know attack?.
Dont reply please, i am tired of facepalms
:facepalm::facepalm:

L

linetty

I am tired of your posts. I would rather put a 19 year-old in the lineup than playing Busquets, just because he won a World Cup...

Actually Song looks like a youngster just walking into senior football. That's very wise of you, choosing players just because of their names and achievements.

How old is Verratti? 19, 20? And he's already first choice DM in PSG. I wouldn't be suprised if actually Samper walked into the first team with no problems.

G

Gascav

I am tired of your posts. I would rather put a 19 year-old in the lineup than playing Busquets, just because he won a World Cup...

Actually Song looks like a youngster just walking into senior football. That's very wise of you, choosing players just because of their names and achievements.

How old is Verratti? 19, 20? And he's already first choice DM in PSG. I wouldn't be suprised if actually Samper walked into the first team with no problems.

Lol at you comparing samper and veratti!! Veratti is the kind of talent that takes over from pirlo, and samper has nothing on veratti in terms of talent and let me tell you a little about verrati
He is 21 turning 22, he played regularly for pescara 2009-2012 Pescara play Serie A first division football, there he gained experience, strength and skill and even then, he couldnt usurp a 37 year old beckham until when he gained experience, and then now he can brag the rights to start for psg!

When was verrati when he was 19? He was somewhere in a small team gaining experience, muscle, speed, maturity!
Samper may be good enough for first team in the future, but now is time to gain experience, and learn, not to play for the most demanding DM where a little pressure can kill his career. Look at what rafinha has gained, and yet he may not even be good enough for first team, or he may have to wait a bit more.

Song looks like a youngster?
Oh no! I am not gonna say anything here

xavi_the_Boss

Umm when did Verratti Play in Serie A?
Pretty sure he didn´t he went straight PSG from second Division because i´m pretty sure that Pescara only played last season in the Serie A.

pEllee

Pretty sure he didn´t he went straight PSG from second Division because i´m pretty sure that Pescara only played last season in the Serie A.

Yes, he went from Serie B to PSG. Looked like one of their best players from day one. A special talent that kid.

G

Gascav

Perhaps,
But my point is that he had to gain experience first he became a regular this season at age 21.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Verratti is probably a special case, he is/was ridiculously talented and has huge confidence for someone his age, even a certain amount of that Totti arrogance

F

Flavia

Still not his best version, but a good game. Recently he seems too careless to me, though. Complaining too much as well.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He's still not the same. His form this season has been poor. Still, his game today was solid enough.

Barcelona really need to go out and find strong competition for Busquets. You cannot leave your team exposed to your lone CDM having a down season.

F

Flavia

One thing I just got reminded about: his hernia. He could be playing really not at 100% because of that... a hernia doesn't just go away, and he didn't have surgery.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I am a little concerned, not upto his usual level for a big portion of the season now. I think recently he has been a little low on confidence, his body language doesn't look too positive.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Sorry mate, but the fuck is up with the whole "Samper can make the step up immediately" notion? He isn't even a DM, actually a VERY poor DM even in Segunda let alone with the 1st team. He's a tactical player, born and bred into a passing game but not much else. He has vision and intelligence but poor mobility and needs a lot of development before coming good for us.

He's not the Oliver/Thiago type of player with oozing talent who could play backup in the first division at a young age and show something special. He's the type who's sort of a late bloomer in finding his role but has the intelligence to be a major success. Slow and steady development is Samper's trajectory, he needs to find/create a role that would fit in our team before even being a backup. If he's gonna be a DM, get some defensive ability (lord knows he lacks it at this point). If he's gonna be an orchestrator, push up and start moving around the entire pitch and dominating the play. If it's somewhere in between, build a more all round game.

Benching Busi is beyond question at this point. Even if he's having a lackluster season individually, it's the lack of a system (the way we had before) that's changing him as a player. We no longer play disciplined football as a flowing unit where Busi can easily slot in as our backbone. Now, it's kind of a mesh of individuals or groups in a single 11 man team. Song looks like a fool playing for us but he isn't capable of benching Busquets the same way Samper isn't capable of being backup for Busquets (not saying that you thought Song should bench him, but that the principle is same in that our DM situation can't currently be shifted around at all without Masch being pushed up).

Home of Barca Fans