Sergio Busquets

barcanuck

Busquets is world class in a system where we keep absolute control of the game and possession. Any other system he is average and gets exposed defensively especially when the other team are counter attacking. We don't have the midfield to control the game any more..

Exactly this. He can't defend or run very fast so when we lose midfield control he becomes a liability. Masche and Busi in the mid must be tried I know it's against our DNA but we just have to do it.

Darko

His biggest strengths have always been his reading of the game and interceptions, unfortunately those don really come into play when he has to act as a 3rd cb or cover a 30 meter space between defence and midfield, he was never a classic DM, a tireless workhorse in midfield chasing after the ball for 90 minutes, something we unfortunately need right now with this stupid "system" Lucho has.

barcanuck

His biggest strengths have always been his reading of the game and interceptions, unfortunately those don really come into play when he has to act as a 3rd cb or cover a 30 meter space between defence and midfield, he was never a classic DM, a tireless workhorse in midfield chasing after the ball for 90 minutes, something we unfortunately need right now with this stupid "system" Lucho has.

It's not just Lucho tactics he has shown shades of looking piss poor against Bayern during Tito days, Confederations cup and world Cup. I think it's the Xavi and Iniesta aging effect for both club and country.

Zangash

Banned
It's not just Lucho tactics he has shown shades of looking piss poor against Bayern during Tito days

You mean when literally every player we had was embarrassingly awful?

Confederations cup

Once again, where every player was piss poor.

and world Cup.

Yes. We have Pique and Ramos getting turned inside out and the midfield failing to make an appearance with forwards who lack scoring ability and a keeper who couldn't take a pass without accidentally conceding a goal, but yes, Busquets was awful.

I think it's the Xavi and Iniesta aging effect for both club and country.

If you really think Xavi and Iniesta aging is the reason Spain and Barca's players are all suddenly playing terribly I would question if you even watch the games at all.

barcanuck

You mean when literally every player we had was embarrassingly awful?

Once again, where every player was piss poor.

Yes. We have Pique and Ramos getting turned inside out and the midfield failing to make an appearance with forwards who lack scoring ability and a keeper who couldn't take a pass without accidentally conceding a goal, but yes, Busquets was awful.

If you really think Xavi and Iniesta aging is the reason Spain and Barca's players are all suddenly playing terribly I would question if you even watch the games at all.

So somehow you justified all those above, but now it's Lucho's fault Busi has been this bad? Makes alot of sense.

Zangash

Banned
So somehow you justified all those above, but now it's Lucho's fault Busi has been this bad? Makes alot of sense.

Yes, yes it is. Busi is poor when the midfield is poor. When the midfield is nonexistent it's even worse than poor.

I don't know how I can spell it out any clearer for you.

barcanuck

Fantastic game today by Busi! Credit where credit is due. Probably his best game this year IMO.

86 passes @ 100% accuracy
6 tackles
5 accurate long balls @ 100% accuracy
4 interceptions

Home of Barca Fans