Sergio Busquets

Alarcón

Regardless of whether it was a foul, this goal is entirely on him, you just don't do that in your own half with only 1 or 2 players behind you. He's been doing that a lot lately and mostly he gets the foul but sometimes, he loses the ball as well and it always results in a good chance for the opponent. Needs to release the ball quicker, no idea who he thinks he is.

L

linetty

Can't see what's there to be confident about.
He's neither strong enough to shield the ball nor quick to catch up.

But of course, everything us forgotten once Messi bails us out.

But of course you've forgotten Busi won us the game last time around...

BerkeleyBernie

Typical Busquets. Average blunder per game.
Ref could have whistled a foul but Busquets keeps on dwelling on the ball in dangerous positions.

Sergio Busquets, the Dean Martin of midfielders. :lol: Yeah, he just want to play cute, but when it goes bad, it's usually open season on Barça's goal. Most of the time, he gets away with it, he totally fools the opposition, and we are all entertained. But he should play much sharper and all business when he has the ball that deep and isolated.

Antimadridista1

Completely agree with Bojan. Busquets has no reason to be confident.. He always expect the referee to whistle.
Same happened against Valencia but he made a pass while the player was pressing him and then put his arms up to the referee to ask him why he didn't whistle.

Knowing that Matuidi/Verrati/Motta press really well, I really hope that Busi will step up. Enough of this poor performances.

Siberia

Eventho I agree the goal was all on him, he did seem devastated about it and immediately played much better and rougher.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Eventho I agree the goal was all on him, he did seem devastated about it and immediately played much better and rougher.

Goal wasn't all on him. Yes he got his pocket picked (without a foul in my opinion) because once again he falls into a trap of his own making by unnecessarily trying to be too cute with the ball, when for the longest time he was always praise for quick distribution; but Pique covered Sergio Garcia about as poorly as he could have. Not only did he do that stupid crap he does on his 1v1s by backpedalling on and on for no reason at all, but he gave Garcia the middle of the field instead of cutting the middle and forcing him wide. About as bad a defensive cover as he could have.

Irish_Cules

I'm one of his biggest fans but that mistake was horrendous. He played well enough after but you just can't let that happen. Busquets started his career with the first team doing risky moves like that and messed them up a few times in his first few months. Since then he has pulled them off consistently which has made him a joy to watch but those mistakes have started to creep back in again recently.

barcanuck

He just needed to do a simple back back to Bravo instead got hustled by old man Garcia.

Based on that alone I'd start Masche in mid vs PSG. But of course we will see both of them on the field with Masche trying to contend with Ibra.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Goal wasn't all on him.

Actually it was, I'd blame him more than Pique for the goal. If you ever played CB you'd know that its very hard to defend from a controlled situation that just got screwed up. Busi was in control of the ball he could have easily passed it to Bravo or Pique but instead got cute and lost the ball immediately putting the striker 1 on 1 vs Pique because Masch was occupied by the other one. Now Pique was not ready the defense was in attack/control mode then but had to backpedal switching to defense mode and the opportunity was pounced upon by Espanyol as it should by any decent footballing side (not saying Pique couldn't have done much better but the situation shouldn't have occurred to begin with)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Same problem as with Iniesta.
Doesn't need to prove himself anymore and cronic lack od motivation.

Xavi and Iniesta aging exposed him in last few years and Lucho's formation only made it worse.

Antimadridista1

Mascherano should be the starter from now on. There's a huge difference btw them at the moment.
Jefecito is at the top of his game since the World cup and Busi is pretty bad.

Home of Barca Fans