Sergio Busquets

xXKonan

The day Busi leaves should be a sign of celebration, we are finally free of the past and we can finally go a different direction.

But I expect the club to be hell-bent on trying to find a 1:1 clone of Busi, even down to the lack of mobility and physicality, and instead of trying to find someone more modern that is not only good on the ball but who is also more suited for the modern game. If other top teams can do it we can do the same.

jamrock

Should have had his replacement 3/4 years ago grooming him to replace busquets fully this past season,But poor succession planning by you know who.

Probably bought Frankie to be a busquets replacement but that's not his game, plus he's been a 6/10 at best during his entire time here, so that didn't help.

JamDav1982

Club has wrongly for years thought he is best DM in world and still do.

If think Xavi/Laporta being in club years ago would mean Busi would be replaced or have sucession set up you are in fantasy land.

At 33 he just played record minutes in a season.

Same issue now as always has been with amigos and not choosing coaches to break it up or move on from it.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
People keep harping on about busquets being amazing in some capacity but fail to see why we suck and can't/couldn't compete against elite teams. People like busquets Ter stegen and Suarez are the reasons for those humiliations yet we have fucking drop kicks with single digit iqs claiming to understand football like its something so complex.

Fucking incompetent and clueless club.

Zidane82

People keep harping on about busquets being amazing in some capacity but fail to see why we suck and can't/couldn't compete against elite teams. People like busquets Ter stegen and Suarez are the reasons for those humiliations yet we have fucking drop kicks with single digit iqs claiming to understand football like its something so complex.

.. and your footballing qualifications are ??

Catta

From the man who questions Pep and claims Busi was brilliant in games he didnt play in.

Top qualifications.

For his sake, I hope he is a troll. Because if he is not, then he needs professional help. Has the worst takes on the forum by far.

feggydinho

It's not about Busquets leaving but more about having quality replacement, we still don't have a quality replacement for Dani Alves or Jordi Alba so how sure are you that we'll be better immediately we throw Busquets off cause we've looked lost in games without Busquets and that's the reason why he's still here. Check how madrid replaced Marcelo, they got a quality replacement and tried them before going forward with that decision so we need to get a quality dm and phase Busquets out with time not just throwing him out without good backup

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
.. and your footballing qualifications are ??

Football requires qualifications to analyse and asses? Dumb fucks with little to no intelligence can get qualifications on some level In football, it doesn't mean they're going to necessarily be competent or be able to asses situations accurately, In fact this applies to most qualification you may be able to acquire in life.

Don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to a person who is borderline delusional and is clearly a hypocrite when it comes to what you may consider valid of criticism of players/coaches (eg rakitic, sterling, busquets, coutinho) but I have

serghei

It's not about Busquets leaving but more about having quality replacement, we still don't have a quality replacement for Dani Alves or Jordi Alba so how sure are you that we'll be better immediately we throw Busquets off cause we've looked lost in games without Busquets and that's the reason why he's still here. Check how madrid replaced Marcelo, they got a quality replacement and tried them before going forward with that decision so we need to get a quality dm and phase Busquets out with time not just throwing him out without good backup

Busi should still be rotated more if Gavi and Pedri and Kessie are fit next season. That's enough cover in midfield to rotate Busi. No doubt. You don't need fucking Rodri or Fabinho to rotate Busi.

However, Gavi was a mixed bag lately. Played his best football in January-February. Quite a few games in recent months where he looked like a headless chicken.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Sorry no but I disagree, that's not due to not having an adequate replacement but a systems issue. There is not need to play busquets against high intensity opposition because without fail he and we as a club falter, we may as well Forfeit. If I wasn't on my phone I'd respond in more detail but know that I find that line of reasoning absolutely absurd considering our past expenditures and sporting direction. There are and will be players available to fill that position with an adjustment of the system when required against opponents.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Busi should still be rotated more if Gavi and Pedri and Kessie are fit next season. That's enough cover in midfield to rotate Busi. No doubt. You don't need fucking Rodri or Fabinho to rotate Busi.

However, Gavi was a mixed bag lately. Played his best football in January-February. Quite a few games in recent months where he looked like a headless chicken.

I agree with this, he should definitely be rotated more and we have to try other systems and not just rely on the system that suits Busquets

Zidane82

Football requires qualifications to analyse and asses? Dumb fucks with little to no intelligence can get qualifications on some level In football, it doesn't mean they're going to necessarily be competent or be able to asses situations accurately, In fact this applies to most qualification you may be able to acquire in life.

Don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to a person who is borderline delusional and is clearly a hypocrite when it comes to what you may consider valid of criticism of players/coaches (eg rakitic, sterling, busquets, coutinho) but I have

Check out the definition of hypocrisy and also the spelling of assess :)

malvolio

Yes, we don't need the current versions of Rodri or Fabinho. But we should have got one of them before they exploded, not fuck around buying Andre Gomes and the likes.

Only realistic option for Busi rotation is still FDJ, but that's not optimal and Xavi himself doesn't like it.

That Kessie lad is a massive downgrade and would be very surprised if he isn't a failure here, regardless of where he plays in midfield.

Home of Barca Fans