Sergio Busquets

JamDav1982

Busi was known to be outstanding from the youth squads. Pedri proved himself quickly.

Drogba and Kante are not enough as examples to prove a point. More like exceptions.

That is clean made up.

Busquets joined Barca Barca at 17 and barely played for what would be considered youth squads and never played at any youth level for Spain either.

Didn join the B team until Pep came along at 19.

Nico has been held in higher regard in youth categories than Busquets was.

Porque

Busi was part of either the u19 or u21 setup for the Euro qualifiers around 2008. I recall watching him and thinking what a turd :lol:

Good job I'm not a scout otherwise we would have kept Yaya Toure and still won the double treble, then sold and replaced him at 30 as he isn't Catalan ...

wisconsincule

Sooo we are going to have a ton of depth in attack with the addition of Lewa and Raphinha but yet this guy will still be our starting DM…?

He is a massive liability in the champions league… I just see him being our downfall again….

FinBarcelonafan

Sooo we are going to have a ton of depth in attack with the addition of Lewa and Raphinha but yet this guy will still be our starting DM??

He is a massive liability in the champions league? I just see him being our downfall again?.

I agree, but we have too many positions in need of fix. Can't fix them all this summer..

gregorrin10

I agree, but we have too many positions in need of fix. Can't fix them all this summer..

Exactly. Hopefully Busquets keeps his promise and leaves next summer, cause that will force us to act and buy his replacement (I'm more and more leaning towards Zubimendi, who seems to really be the perfect profile, if we're intent of buying a like for like replacement and not change the midfield setup).

After that the only two positions that remain, is to buy replacements for Alba and Ter Stegen. And I mean proper replacements, not just backup options. Time to sell Ter Stegen next summer and get another huge wage off our bill. He's been overpaid for way too long already. Really wished we would have gone for someone like Luis Maximiano this summer (went to Lazio for only 10M).

As for Alba, I don't mind him staying for one last season as the backup (since his contract ends in 2024), although I'd prefer to sell him next summer too and just give the backup spot to Balde anyway, especially if he does well on loan this season (wherever he'll go). As for every other position, we seem to be taking care of it this summer already.

Zidane82

Let's hope Kessie continues to surprise Xavi with his technique.

It will be interesting.

I only really paid attractive to him when we started chasing him and I never saw him have one decent game .

In fact he showed nothing ...

Maybe his mind was on coming here ?

Temptation

Damn! Twitter is filled with Biscuit fanboys. Anyone who dares to question his place getting big replies stating that Barca can't function as a team without Busi. Wow.

Nazario1985

Xavi is not stupid he knows Busi is over, but at the same time it's not FDJ or Gavi who are going to fill his shoes not even 50% close ...

We still have one last season to find our new pivot.

Home of Barca Fans