Serie A 2013/2014

Who will win Serie A?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

While I agree it is getting stronger than itself the past couple seasons, relative to the other big leagues it is not because they are also strengthening. IMO there is still cause for concern for the future in Italian football. But I am definitely curious to see how Napoli & Fiorentina do in Europe this season, if they do well then that would be a good sign.

Kerrybai

While I agree it is getting stronger than itself the past couple seasons, relative to the other big leagues it is not because they are also strengthening. IMO there is still cause for concern for the future in Italian football. But I am definitely curious to see how Napoli & Fiorentina do in Europe this season, if they do well then that would be a good sign.

Italy could do with a European championship to build new stadiums. The 2006 world cup did wonders for many German teams with their new stadia, and now the same is happening in France. AFAIK most Italian teams don't own their stadiums and it is a lot of hassle to get a new one built. Juve and Udinese seem to be the only ones who have gotten anything done, although Roma should be getting a new stadium in the near future too.

btw for those of you interested Udinese have completed stage 1 of their redevelopment by moving the pitch closer to their grandstand. Fiorentina have also redeveloped their grandstand, and hopefully one day they will rebuild their hideous 'curvas'.
213610780-2f21b45c-ebfa-42be-811a-65f5e98f723f.jpg

XaviMessiGirl

I've said this before, but I'm always torn about the whole stadium thing. It would definitely be a great source of money but I can't say I wouldn't be sad if Inter moved out of the Meazza for example. Same with potential foreign ownership. But that's how you have to compete nowadays.

Banana-Rama

looks like erik lamela has signed for spurs, are roma struggling with money or something, they seem to be selling a lot of good players...

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They've just replaced him with Ljajic. Similar quality, made more money. Bought Strootman, Maicon etc in the window, they strengthened.

Made ridiculous money on Marquinhos, bought Benatia for peanuts who's very solid and good money on Lamela.

Although they should've sold DDR instead of Lamela IMO

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

They've just replaced him with Ljajic. Similar quality, made more money. Bought Strootman, Maicon etc in the window, they strengthened.

Made ridiculous money on Marquinhos, bought Benatia for peanuts who's very solid and good money on Lamela.

Although they should've sold DDR instead of Lamela IMO

lamela scored 15 league goals for roma last season which is a lot, he was clearly a very important player to them, i cannot understand why they sold him unless they have money problems. why not keep lamela and add ljajic to the squad instead of replacing, they won't make progress by selling important players. basically the signings they made were funded by marquinhos so they must have money problems if they had to sell lamela also...

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They don't have financial issues, they have a wealthy owner. Maybe they just realised they wont be fighting for the top three spots. Serie A has strong depth at the moment, 7-8 strong teams.

They've made money, and in my opinion have replaced with same quality + made money. smart moves if you ask me.

Banana-Rama

They don't have financial issues, they have a wealthy owner. Maybe they just realised they wont be fighting for the top three spots. Serie A has strong depth at the moment, 7-8 strong teams.

They've made money, and in my opinion have replaced with same quality + made money. smart moves if you ask me.

how is it a smart move to sell your best players, if they were serious about winning serie a and becoming CL contenders they would of kept those players and added to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans