Serie A 2014/2015

Who will win the scudetto this season?

• Total voters

Egert

Estonian Culé
Felipe Anderson another 2 goals :worthy: A transfer for 2016 maybe?
Fiorentina also came back from 1 goal down and now leading 2-1.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Inzaghi is the worst coach in the history of the sport.

Goal up, goes negative, invites pressure, concede/lose rinse,repeat.

Happens every game without fail

XaviMessiGirl

Read a rumor this morning that Pippo will stay the season because of the uncertainty whether or not the club will be sold. And that the guy who wants to buy the club wants to reinstate Seedorf as coach.

Ode to Django

21 - AC Milan have wasted 21 points from leading situation in this Serie A, more than any other team. Black-out.

Changed lineup every game this season, i think 27/27?

No point sacking him now, season is done, nothing to play for. What's the point.

There are millions of rumors every morning, nobody knows what's going on

CuleLife4Life

I really don't get how AC Milan have gotten to this point. And why at a time where Juve are doing great, Fiorentina, Inter, Lazio, and Roma spending and investing, AC Milan continue to be in a free for all. Such a shame, I loved the club when I was a kid. I hope a new owner does come through. If clubs like AS Monaco and Man City can get big money investors so can a storied club like AS Milan.

Leo_Messi

I really don't get how AC Milan have gotten to this point. And why at a time where Juve are doing great, Fiorentina, Inter, Lazio, and Roma spending and investing, AC Milan continue to be in a free for all. Such a shame, I loved the club when I was a kid. I hope a new owner does come through. If clubs like AS Monaco and Man City can get big money investors so can a storied club like AS Milan.

Mismanagement by the board, especially the old guard, a bad economy, too many mediocre players in the squad earning too much money, lack of visions (although this is starting to change now as the club is looking to built their own stadium) and too many managerial changes.

Juventus on the other hand have their own stadium, a very good board, a healthy economy (for Italian standards) and they have also been much better at buying players. They also have very promising Italian youngsters loaned out to other Serie A clubs.

Juventus will dominate as long as they are ahead on the economic front and in terms of management of the club.

Ode to Django

It all happens in cycles, AC Milans wage budget was ginormous a few years ago, i think it has been getting cut down as low as possible to make it easier for Berlusconi to get more $ if and when he sells. He has also been losing money & with the stupid money thrown around today, i don't think he should go out his way & blow his money again, he's been there and done it all hundreds of times.

Galliani hasn't done a great job over the past 3-4 years other than the Ibrahimovic deal & one or two others, Thiago Silva perhaps, although he's had a good year. Barbara Berlusconi wanted him out (Silvio daughter) & it remains a mystery as to why he stayed really. Who knows it's been chaos upstairs for a couple of years now, power struggle. The fact that they brought Seedorf in & convinced him to retire as a player, to then go & hire him as coach, doing a very respectable job in the process, only to get fired three months later was nothing short of a joke. But he wasn't a yes man & good for him. Very poor on our side, but it's our loss, Seedorf will excel at whatever he does.

New stadium perhaps on the horizon, plenty of investors names popping around, i think it will happen sooner rather than later, in my mind Silvio is trying to make the club financially stable with a stadium being in the works to attract buyers.

The problem on the field this season is all down to the rookie manager really, the squad is really not that bad & is underachieving to the maximum, but when you change the line-up 27/27 games & formation countless of times, what can you expect, no continuity whatsoever, no cohesion especially in defense. Shambles really.

Inzaghi will be gone by next season though & hopefully we scrap the idea of former players and get somebody with actual experience, hopefully dopey Madrid will fire Ancelotti.

Sleeping giant for awhile, i've no problem with that, fans are spoilt, very confident in bouncing back in a few years time.

--

Alessandro Nesta's birthday happens to be today i see, I remember it just like my own

Just kidding, i saw it on the twitter

The king of the slide

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

The inevitable has finally happened and Parma have been declared bankrupt by the courts this afternoon.

The official court documents from the bankruptcy hearing showed that the club had amassed €218,446,754 million (!) worth of debt by February 17th this year. Included in this is a sporting debt of some €74 million.

If a buyer is found then the new owner will have to clear the clubs sporting debt by late June so that the club can compete in Serie B next season.

A more likely scenario is that no buyer is willing to take on such a task and then the club will be forced to go out of business and start again, most likely in Serie D, under a new name.

A new administrator is likely to be appointed so the club can finish the season and take care of possible requests from potential investors. The costs of organizing games, payments etc. will be partially paid by the fines that other clubs had to pay after committing various offenses, for instance in relation to fan trouble etc. The rest Lega's financial assistance will take care of.

It's unclear whether the players want to play the remaining games. They want guarantees that the staff and employees of the club will be paid too.
I believe that they will want to play the remaining 11 games though.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie...gi-udienza-prefallimentare-110161338416.shtml

10ok2vc.jpg

A shame. Many former World Cup winners once played for them and they were a force to be reckoned with during the 1990's. Home and abroad.

Don't forget that Parma could once field a team composed of players such as Crespo, Verón, Thuram, Cannavaro, Buffon, Sensini and Asprilla. All at once.

Not to forget players such as Dino Baggio, Abel Balbo, Diego Fuser, Enrico Chiesa, Antonio Benarrivo and Stefano Fiore.

They were also one of the first "sugar daddy" clubs to emerge in Italy. They along with Lazio took spending to a whole new level in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

I for once will miss them.

That Parma team reminds me of the Sevilla team of the late 2000's.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

It's so awful what has happened. I hope someone is able to save them, even if they're relegated to B, if some of those players stay there's a big chance they're promoted back after one season. But starting from scratch in D would be awful.

Their captain Lucarelli has been awesome through all of this, it's clear he loves the club.

Leo_Messi

It's so awful what has happened. I hope someone is able to save them, even if they're relegated to B, if some of those players stay there's a big chance they're promoted back after one season. But starting from scratch in D would be awful.

Their captain Lucarelli has been awesome through all of this, it's clear he loves the club.

Yes, it's sad.

Roma in free fall again.:lol:

Eternal chokers. A shame because I love Rome as a city and I have nothing against A.S. Roma as a club either.

Egert

Estonian Culé
The race for top scorer is pretty interesting :lol: Tevez, Icardi and Menez with 15, Toni and Higuain behind them in 13. Who will win it? I am hoping for Tevez.

Home of Barca Fans