Seydou Keita

B

beautifulgame

How do you compare them? They don't even have similar attributes.

Also, he isn't lazy, I don't think he is properly fit, but not lazy.

Two and a half years of working his ass off at Barca is proof enough.

adil_909

i only want what is best for barca, silky. if barca played better when victor valdez played in midfield, then i would be advocating his inclusion in said position as well. we all want the same things, but this is a public forum and there will be disagreements about how we accomplish what is best for barca. i watch every barca game, and i feel much safer when toure is on the field compared to busquets or keita because when they are playing, a bad pass or silly foul is usually not far away. but others point to the fact that yaya doesn't run as much as the other two, so people have their own interpretations about what is best for the club. i guess what is most telling of all is that pep doesn't seem to rate yaya, for the life of me i can't figure out why because he truly has not been as shocking as people on these forums make it seem. if people didn't watch games and just went by the comments on this forum, you'd guess that keita and busquets were playing like beasts and yaya was struggling every time he plays and that's simply not true. alas, in pep we trust, but i think we're really going to miss the big fellow when he leaves this summer.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Lol adil, weren't you the guy who wanted to replace Seydou with Yaya in the chat? You stay incredibly consistent. Don't laugh over people when you're the guy people laugh the most about.

adil_909

Lol adil, weren't you the guy who wanted to replace Seydou with Yaya in the chat? You stay incredibly consistent. Don't laugh over people when you're the guy people laugh the most about.

yes i did, and i believe we would have played a lot better if yaya played instead of keita yesterday. how am i being inconsistent?

iced1776

I honestly think that Busquets would be much better suited in Keita's role as the box to box midfielder. His workrate and aggression equals Keita but his passing and dribbling are far better. Tbh I've been completely unimpressed with Keita other than his first few games of the season, his contributions on the pitch are minimal.

This would also open up the DM spot for Yaya.

adil_909

Yaya is even less creative than Seydou..

define creative?

our creativity does not come from keita or busquets or yaya. it comes from messi, alves, xavi, iniesta, pedro, etc. the job of the other midfielders is to support these creative midfielders by winning back the ball, retaining possession, and distributing effectively. so in this sense, yaya is much more "creative" than keita is because toure will drop deeper, pick up the ball from pique and puyol, and distribute the ball to our creative players to set up offense. keita does not do this. keita role in the team is to hassle the opponents to force them to give away the ball. he plays significantly higher up the pitch than yaya does, and he's often running into the box. that's what he brings. but he does not retain possession, he does not distribute, and he does not maintain the flow. the commentators kept saying yesterday "inter are out barca-ing barca tonight" and it's true because inter kept the ball effectively, and when they lost possession they got it back. we could not keep the ball, partly because puyol and pique could not play it out from the back effectively. when yaya is playing, the three of them along with busquets always get it out of the back calmly and effectively and this allows xavi and co to focus on just creating the play which is why they are on the field. last night we couldn't keep the ball, and someone who is very effective at helping in this regard was sitting on the bench and pep did not bring him on.

iced1776

Totally disagree, when was the last time you saw Keita play any sort of creative pass whatsoever? Yaya is capable of fantastic long balls and through balls when he is free to move further up the pitch.

Pepe Silvia

Disagree. Yaya turns and pivots the same way Xavi does, and when a passing option isn't found, he's comfortable to turn the other direction and scope out the pitch again. He makes much greater use of the pitch and sees openings. Keita is great in his own right, but not at being creative. Keita does the dirty work and is behind the scenes, occassionally popping up here or there with a valuable strike or header.

Merv

i once wanked over Yaya, have you done the same Adil? i think you have...:D

Just a side note... I think it's really unfair that women don't have such a term as wank. This needs to be remedied. After doing a google search the closest I could find to a one-word equivalent is "spelunking". That just doesn't have the same oomph. Just saying........

Oh well, guess I'll go spelunk over to the Zlatan thread. lol j/k....or not.

Oh and to keep on topic, Keita doesn't look very happy in this pic.....who is holding him back?

Home of Barca Fans