Seydou Keita

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Oh, we have another activist on our hands.

Back off the barricades, son.

*Is that the default last line of defense?

Activist? What are you on about? And bit*h, told you not to call me son. Can you read AND understand?

Cataloniakid

“He didn’t score a goal, he scored an *awesome* goal. There are many players who’ll feel offended when they don’t get to play, as if they were the center of the universe. When you ask me why I like Keita so much, it’s because every time I play him for 2 minutes, he gives me his *best* two minutes. He knows he’s competing with incredibly good players, but when he plays like that, what he does is, he MOVES me. I hope he’ll stay [at Barça] as many years as possible.”
— Pep Guardiola on Seydou Keita (press conference post Barça-Sporting, March 4th 2012)

B

barcelonista

david-caruso.gif

BOOOOOM!

Keita will be a chapter of Barcelona's history. Cesc will be a footnote.

Truth. Keite will always be part of our sextuple winning squad that made history.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I think 95% of the "over-the-top-ness" that is in forum is more of a criticism towards you Dalitis, rather than towards Cesc (unless it's from Nolan and myself ... in which case it's equal parts you and Cesc)

anyway ... Keita played better tonight than Cesc did. in fact, Keita's game tonight was better than any game Cesc has played for Barça aside from the SuperCopa ... which was a looooooooooooong time ago.

Pepe Silvia

Dalitis learn to be graceful in defeat (or in this case when youre wrong). You claimed keita wasnt good enough for our team yet he delivered a game winning goal when no one else could and did well in build up in his first game back. That qualifies as good enough for Barça imo. He has always delivered in some way, albeit most times in less than glamorous fashion, but thats why hes so important. He understands his role and plays hard week in week out. What more do you want?

dalitis8

Banned
Dalitis learn to be graceful in defeat (or in this case when youre wrong). You claimed keita wasnt good enough for our team yet he delivered a game winning goal when no one else could and did well in build up in his first game back. That qualifies as good enough for Barça imo. He has always delivered in some way, albeit most times in less than glamorous fashion, but thats why hes so important. He understands his role and plays hard week in week out. What more do you want?

I accept that he may be occasionally of some use. Like tonight for example, when he scored an absolutely stunning goal. When did I say anything different?

I never claimed that he could not deliver in a single game.

I am just responding to the avalanche of crap that is posted by many in here.

Now Pep can have his reasons for loving Keita, but for me, we can have a better (at least faster player) for his role.

But surely, kudos to him tonight.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
anyway ... Keita played better tonight than Cesc did. in fact, Keita's game tonight was better than any game Cesc has played for Barça aside from the SuperCopa ... which was a looooooooooooong time ago.

nah I'd disagree with that. Cesc was majestic in both legs of the Copa SF against Valencia.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Keita?

He has done nothing to me at all. He is a utility player approaching his sell-by-date.

What I am arguing with, is with a bunch of a inane comments of the type: "Keita > Cesc"

And I am saying, just ask any football club on this dusty planet: "Take a pick between Cesc and Keita"
The post was about letting Cesc sit on the bench for 1 game, the second leg of a tie we're leading 3-1...

dalitis8

Banned
I think 95% of the "over-the-top-ness" that is in forum is more of a criticism towards you Dalitis, rather than towards Cesc (unless it's from Nolan and myself ... in which case it's equal parts you and Cesc)

Cesc had many great games for us, despite the fact of being mostly played out of his position.

Our top match this season, the one against Valencia, had Cesc in its core. His assist for Asexis in Germany, when they drew level with us, was something to behold.

He scored some of our most crucial goals, and most importantly, the match clincher in the dragon's lair, leaving the absolute cunt of cunts, mincing words yet again.

Just don't force me again into posting Cesc's statistics for the past half decade (you know, the one showing he is the most productive player on the planet in terms of chances created)

It is indeed getting tedious. I know some are saying stupid shit because of mere stupidity, and others are just trolling. But they need to hear some truths from time to time.

dalitis8

Banned
The post was about letting Cesc sit on the bench for 1 game, the second leg of a tie we're leading 3-1...

Cesc is starting against Leverkusen no matter what.

Even if Xaviesta occupy their traditional midfield positions, Cesc will be deployed alongside Messi in attack (something that has delivered on numerous occasions this season)

Keep in mind that Alexis is out.

Home of Barca Fans