Seydou Keita

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
stats don't mean everything, dude ... remember Benjamin Disraeli. also, your comment about "how much would Barça get if they sold Keita?" as a representation of his "worth" to Barça or his "talent" comparatively to Cesc is also very ... narrow.

there is much more to football than a transfer fee or stats.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Cesc is starting against Leverkusen no matter what.

Even if Xaviesta occupy their traditional midfield positions, Cesc will be deployed alongside Messi in attack (something that has delivered on numerous occasions this season)

Keep in mind that Alexis is out.
Well, playing Tello or Cuenca in his stead wouldn't be the end of the world as we know it

Pepe Silvia

Its hard to quantify the impact each of our players has to the system. Moreso than any other club. So to throw a number on seydu just shows a bit of confusion as to how we operate. You could try comparative analysis like seydu equals 30 mill and x player also equals 30 mill. That would seem pretty fair at first glance for a trade but thats much too naive considering the teams mind reading dynamics. You cant afford to give up on players who have stood the test of time with this squad. It would be irresponsible business.

dalitis8

Banned
stats don't mean everything, dude ... remember Benjamin Disraeli. also, your comment about "how much would Barça get if they sold Keita?" as a representation of his "worth" to Barça or his "talent" comparatively to Cesc is also very ... narrow.

there is much more to football than a transfer fee or stats.

That is partly true. But mostly untrue.

The stats as well as financial dynamics cannot be taken lightly.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Cesc had many great games for us, despite the fact of being mostly played out of his position.

Our top match this season, the one against Valencia, had Cesc in its core. His assist for Asexis in Germany, when they drew level with us, was something to behold.

He scored some of our most crucial goals, and most importantly, the match clincher in the dragon's lair, leaving the absolute cunt of cunts, mincing words yet again.

Just don't force me again into posting Cesc's statistics for the past half decade (you know, the one showing he is the most productive player on the planet in terms of chances created)

It is indeed getting tedious. I know some are saying stupid shit because of mere stupidity, and others are just trolling. But they need to hear some truths from time to time.

First of all, you don't know sh*t. Second, we dont't say shit of mere stupidity - we say the truth because of your stupidity.

B

barcelonista

Cesc came to us for less than what Liverpool paid for Carroll.

And it shows. :keita:

dalitis8

Banned
First of all, you don't know sh*t. Second, we dont't say shit of mere stupidity - we say the truth because of your stupidity.

Pfft, just cause' you're spoiled when supporting Barcelona you can't even imagine how good of a player Keita actually is. He would walk right in to any team, you name it - Man U, City, Inter, Milan, Madrid, Chelski and so on. Cesc is half the player Keita is so far...

Show the above to any fan from the sides that you are listing, and if they agree with you, then I am the idiot.

Give them also the choice between Cesc and Keita, and if it again turns out in your favor, then I am 2 times the idiot.

If not though....

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Show the above to any fan from the sides that you are listing, and if they agree with you, then I am the idiot.

Give them also the choice between Cesc and Keita, and if it again turns out in your favor, then I am 2 times the idiot.

If not though....

This is not something between me and Cesc, it's between you, me and almost the rest of this forums members. You insult, belittle and wind people up - when we reach the boiling point you just switch the subject or steer away from the critique you get for being such an as****e.
Listen! I'm drunk, I love Barcelona and I like this forum. The only thing standing in between me and the love for Barca and this forum is all of your 8856 posts.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What a freaking goal! For a moment I thought it was going out but holy shit it was amazing... No wonder Pep says he is one of the best things that has ever happened to him since he is our coach... Now that is some compliment!

dalitis8

Banned
This is not something between me and Cesc, it's between you, me and almost the rest of this forums members. You insult, belittle and wind people up - when we reach the boiling point you just switch the subject or steer away from the critique you get for being such an as****e.
Listen! I'm drunk, I love Barcelona and I like this forum. The only thing standing in between me and the love for Barca and this forum is all of your 8856 posts.

When someone claims that Keita is twice the player that Cesc is, and that he could walk into any side in Europe, I am bound to insult him a little bit. This is the zero-point decency that a fan who understands just a little bit about the game must have.

Just because people mix their emotions/wishes/desires and fantasies with brutal reality, it doesn't mean that I will sing to their tune. I will be singing mine.

And when you, or any which one of the rest of the posters that disagreed with me previously, find a single football "expert" or "journalist" or manager, that will agree on Keita being superior to Cesc, or Thiago being better than Cesc, then it must be me spoiling the forum.

Otherwise...

Home of Barca Fans