Seydou Keita

Reasonus

It WILL be a big loss.
Many ingredients go into the making of winning teams, such as talent, pace, strength both mentally and physically. All these factors are important. But the intangible that often binds them together is team chemistry. It's what makes the difference between a good season and an outstanding one.
A team may consist of 11 world-class players, but they may never go anywhere without that certain bonding of spirit and purposefulness that will enable them to work together harmoniously, dovetailing all their skills willingly and unselfishly for the common good.

Team chemistry can be described as follows:

- The ability of players to get along with each other, work smoothly and unselfishly under the leadership of the coach
- Each players recognition of the specific role that he has in the team approach
- Mutual feelings of loyalty and empathy for one another
- The ability of the players to anticipate one another's moves and to blend their efforts into the team pattern
- A strong sense of team identity coupled with total commitment to the programm and coaching staff.

Keita is one of these players that bind this team together, whether he plays or not. He's an important team-building factor, Pep knew that from day one. Masch, Pinto and Puyol belong to these players as well. If such a player leaves, it has a huge impact on the entire team.

In a nutshell: There's more to this player than meets the eye.

I can't say I completely disagree with you here and if you notice, I said from a purely athletic, by which I meant performance on the pitch, perspective. I like Keita, but I have seldom seen him add anything special to the team on the pitch. I'm not calling for his transfer, but I wouldn't mind it either.

A troll answer to your post would be using Real Madrid's league winning campaign as a counter to your argument, but that wouldn't hold for long.

I don't think Keita's influence can be likened to Puyol's, maybe to Mascherano's would be more appropriate. All in all, I agree that he's important to harmony in the dressing room and setting a good example to the rest of the team, but I don't think he is that vital to team chemistry and therefore don't think losing him would be such a big loss. Different opinions, I guess.

everybody who thinks keita shpould leave is not a cule. and i have to say i don't see many cules out here...

I respect your opinions xaviniesta, but I consider myself a cule and I wouldn't mind Keita leaving. Maybe if you care to state why he's important to the team like DennyCrane did, we could see it from a different perspective.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I am not against Keita staying... But stop over-analysing his move out please.

We are about to lose Pep, I don't think losing Keita is going to affect as much ffs!!
Keita is a good squad player, always defended him myself... But I'm sure it is not the end of the world if he were to leave!!
And it's actually better if he left now than later...

@xaviniesta
get off your high horse... it doesn't hurt much down here

mateopol

I respect him as a human, but don't rate very highly as a player. I won't cry if he leaves. Every offer with more than 5 m of euros will be good business for us. If Malaga offers 10 M then there is only one option and Rosell will make great deal on selling Keita. If not Malaga, then probably LFC will buy him as they love to overpay for average players.

If it's the end of Keita as Barca player there are my Top 4 moments of him:

1 - Hattrick vs Real Zaragoza
2 - Goal vs Levante
3 - Goal vs Sporting Gijon
4 - Fact that he didn't let Pepe get away with this thuggery in SSC 1st Leg

Worst 4 moments:

1 - His 90 minutes vs Inter at San Siro in UCL semis
2 - A lot of meh games as a DM this season
3 - Being useless as a sub in Arsenal game in 10-11 UCL
4 - Red card vs Espanyol in treble season which ended in team's loss and begin team mini slump

M

mitkoa7x

He salvaged our honor in what could be his last game for the club, I hope its not :worthy::worthy::worthy:

abual3bed1

15m?? really??

that's what we paid for him in 2008 when he was 28, who would pay 15m for a 32 years old??

+ it's known that any player leaves Barca loses so much of his actual value (except Toure) so don't get your hopes up so much, if Keita leaves it'll be for something between 5-10m max.

Last edited:

Galning

People get the 15M from a report. AC Milan would like 45M for Silva, but they'd accept 30+Keita. So people just started saying Keita is worth 15.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Because Keita did not reach a minimum playing time this season, his contract is not automatically renewed and he can leave for free. [sport]

not sure if its true, anyone know more about that?

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
It says that if Keita doesn't play a certain amount of games he can leave for free which was negotiated when he signed the contract,i am not sure how many games but i thought he had played enough.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, have read from both MD & Sport that he's on a free now...but that Keita will speak with Tito first, after the CDR Final, as staying is allegedly his first choice

Home of Barca Fans