Shinji Kagawa

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Kagawa officially stated that he is not gonna extend his contract at Dortmund. He is also on a trip to Manchester currently.

And while he can ofc be replaced by Götze and Reus, it could help on Dortmunds somehow apparent problems last season: they dont seem to have the energy for two matches per week - and its esp. relevant to the four offensive players who are pressing a shitload. Having enough players to rotate next season would be key. But it could work now with the now integrated Ivan Perisic, the improved Kuba and the young gun Bittencourt (who should be good enough for below avg BL teams).

Especially since he's strongly linked with Manchester United and I've still not figured out what SAF's plan is. Kagawa's main position is where Rooney plays, as a #10. Either Rooney moves further upfront and plays as an out-and-out striker (which would kill both Welbeck's and Hernandez' future) or it's mostly a useless luxury transfer.
Absolutely. Im wondering about SAFs plans for quite a while therefore. Maybe he wants to use Kagawa somewhere else ... on the wings maybe or in a deeper position. Im wouldnt be very convinced about both, b/c he lacks top speed as a winger and defensive (tackling mostly) skills as a true midfielder.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Absolutely. Im wondering about SAFs plans for quite a while therefore. Maybe he wants to use Kagawa somewhere else ... on the wings maybe or in a deeper position. Im wouldnt be very convinced about both, b/c he lacks top speed as a winger and defensive (tackling mostly) skills as a true midfielder.

I would guess as a CM to "replace" Scholes over time.

I think that's a pretty retarded move as Kagawa's a proper mediapunta, not a volante like Scholes, but hey it could make for some entertaining matches!

don't see him as a winger there coz they have a logjam out wide already with Valencia, Nani, Young, plus Giggs & Park. Welbeck can play there too. and IMO what they need is a left-footed winger to replace Giggs, coz they are crying out for quality left-footed delivery sometimes and just don't have it.

anyway yeah, shame to see Kagawa leave but he should learn from Sahin and go to a club that actually needs him. unless he's happy spending the season on the bench.

veryfatchocobo

I would guess as a CM to "replace" Scholes over time.

I think that's a pretty retarded move as Kagawa's a proper mediapunta, not a volante like Scholes, but hey it could make for some entertaining matches!

don't see him as a winger there coz they have a logjam out wide already with Valencia, Nani, Young, plus Giggs & Park. Welbeck can play there too. and IMO what they need is a left-footed winger to replace Giggs, coz they are crying out for quality left-footed delivery sometimes and just don't have it.

anyway yeah, shame to see Kagawa leave but he should learn from Sahin and go to a club that actually needs him. unless he's happy spending the season on the bench.
I agree. He doesn't even fit in Man U's system at all. Plus, he won't even start there unless SAF changes his formation for him.

I still stick to the fact that he'd completely fit our system though, even over Neymar, as our scoring false winger that plays 2nd fiddle with Messi. Let the flamewars begin?

BitByBit

Paulino_Alcantara.jpg

Co0ter

Kagawa doesn't have pace and although he can score, it normally isn't from the wing...he's not the best at beating his man 1 vs 1 either.

There is absolutely no reason to believe he'd be a good winger for us, he doesn't have a fraction of what Neymar has to offer on the wings.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Exactly my impression. Kagawa is outstanding in heavily crowded areas, where he can feint opponents with his agility (quick turns, strong touch and ball control/dribbling) - i.e. exactly in Rooneys current position. But im not fully convinced if he can shine elsewhere.

hellsangel1

Utd aren't really that much of a better side than Dortmund and I don't think he will win the Champions League there.

I only see the gap between Utd and CIty widening with the eventual retirement of Scholes and Giggs.

Theconomist

15 million for someone with 1year on their contract is fantastic business by any club.

Tell that to Arsenal, VP will have a half assed season scoring 10 goals and getting injured and will leave on a free next summer while they could have gotten 25 million for him this season

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I am certain he'll play in the hole and push Rooney back up top as a CF, it makes sense for all the obvious reasons...No reason to think Shinji won't flourish there...I'm sure United fans are sore about losing out on Hazard but I think Kagawa will be a better longterm fit

Home of Barca Fans